• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Unit Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
When I still Had Warcraft, I was working on a little project to Change every aspect of a unit (damage, Collision size, everything) using only spells so that I could Give and Take attributes at will (Since with upgrades, once you upgrade somehting on a unit, you can undo it, with abilities, you can upgrade the Spell effect by raising the level, and you can take it away make it just as good as an upgrade.

However, Since My computers "Burnt to a crisp" right now, I am left with only what Memories I had of it.
However, I still Want to make this happen. I may not have warcraft now, But I stil plan on getting it sometime.

Until then.....

Heres What Aspects I remember Messing with and what Ability corresponded

Attack Upgrades
-Attack Range
-Homing enabeling
-Projectile Speed Upgrade
-Splash Damage-Item Fire Orb
-Damage-Item Attack Damage Bonus
-Attack Speed-Item Attack Speed Bonus
-Enable Attack Air/Ground
-Number of Targets-Barrage
-Dice Ratio (High and Low)

Defense Upgrades
-Movement Speed-Item Movement speed bonus
-Collision size
-HP-Item HP bonus
-Armor-Item Armor bonus or
-HP Regeneration-Item HP regeneration bonus
-Flys or Walks

Misc Upgrades
-Mana Regen

TO Mess with the Item Bonus's
-Create A spell Associated to Reseting all upgrades and Spells Associated to Each upgrade. And THen passive abilities without Icons (It'll look ugly if a unit has more then 9 icons).

1) If unit casts "Reset upgrades"
-Remove all Units belonging to owner of casting unit From Group X, Y and Z
-Remove player from Group X, Y and Z

2a) If a player casts "Upgrade HP"
-Put Player into Group HPUpgrade(Integer of Level of casted ability)
-Put all Units into Group HPUpgrade(Integer of Level of casted ability)
-Set Level "Upgrade HP" to (Level of "Upgrade HP" + 1)

2b)If a Unit is created, and Owner of unit is in group "HPupgrade(Integer of Level of casted ability)", put triggering unit into group "HPupgrad(Integer of Level of casted ability)"

3) If a unit is in Group HPUpgrade(Integer Number)
-Give Unit HP Upgrade (Passive)
-Set Level of HP upgrade to Integer of group

If you can help out that would be great.
I was progressing a good amount, but things happened....
Either way.... I think this can apply now, and when starcraft comes out, it can be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.