• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive Footy Abilties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making a footmen map, and I'm trying to think of some ideas for passive spells that can be leveled through upgrades. For example, if you upgrade "Critical Strike Upgrade" 5 times, all of the units in that tier will get Lvl. 5 Critical Strike. This will be more expensive than normal attack/armor upgrades. So, I've got a couple of ideas, but what do you guys think on abilities?

My races so far are:
Demons - High Attack/ Low Life
Trolls - Ranged Attack/ Low Life/ Fast Attack
Pandas - High Life/ High Armor/ Low Attack Speed
Humans - Balanced all around

Sounds good, here are some more suggestions:

Warcraft III passive abillities wich could prove usable:
1: Feedback [Mana damage]
2: Hardened Skin [Damage Reduction]
3: Pillage [Attacks cause owner to gain resurces]
4: Disease Cloud [Surrounds unit with damage aura, undead mainly]
5: Spicked Carapace [Return damage]
6: Resisten Skin [Damage reduction toward spells]
7: Life Steal [Steal life on attack]
8: Demolich [Unit deals more damage against Buildings or Heroes or summon]

Some ideas i made:
1: Caster Upgrade [Will upgrade levels of abillities wich caster units got]
2: Bounceing Shots [Like moon glavier, but for ranged units]

Level 7
Bouncing would be cheap, I agree. Life steal may get a bit cheap, but not if its really low. I think I'm going to do Resistant Skin for the hard to kill race. I don't wanna copy footmen frenzy by giving feedback to humans, but I would if they didn't have it.

I like the demolish idea, and I might give it to humans, targeting heroes and summons (Possible title - Imperial Wrath).

I may go with a weakened version of critical hit for demons.

Still don't know about trolls (very low evasion?)

You can post triggered passives if you can think of them, it will make the game unique.

Try use the Item - Black Orb abillity, thats abbility make you able to make every single target spell, pasive, and set a chance to hit, for heroes, summon units and normal units to a different number.

Note: Abbillity for trolls: Envenomed Spears

Soul Steal:
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Level of ([The Passive abillity]) for (killing unit) Greater than 0
    • ((Owner (killing unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to true
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set life of (killing unit) to ((life of (killing unit)) + ([Integer] x (Real((Level of ([The Passive abillity]) for (Killing unit))))))
This abillity heals the unit each time it kills a unit.

Death Thoe:
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit dies
  • Conditions
  • (Level of ([The Passive abillity]) for (dying unit) Greater than 0
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Dying unit)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdx
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 150.00 (Position of (Dying unit)) matching (((Owner of (Dying unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Action)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing [Damage integer] damage of attack type Magic and damage type fire
This abillity causes dying units to explode, dealing damage to nearby enemy units within 150.00, the damage intinger should either be low, or this abillity should only have a chance to trigger, else its inbalanced.

Level 7
Unless you are doing a chance for the ability, you could just do the last one with incinerate. I like the Soul Steal ability, and Envenomed Spears was a smart one I didn't think of. Probably one of those is going to the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.