• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Map with new units and skills for these units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Of course that we already have a lot of maps with additional races, units, new technologies, new skills like that, "my map" its not that much different from these, but I wanna try something for fun at least. In my "project" of course each race (besides the new units) has only one type of attack and defense for all units including Heroes (except tavern heroes), attacks and defenses of these are good against ones and weak against others, something like that is already used by the game as standard, but I change this in a simple way and with different names (temporarily), like Humans using "Heroic" type of defense and attack that is equal against orcs and good against night elfs, Night elfs with "Nature" type of def and attack that is good against orcs, equal against undead and a little bit weaker against humans, Orcs with "chaos" def and attack that is good against undead and of course a little bit weaker against NE, Undead that have "Dark Magic" that is very good against humans but weak against orcs. (I just changed every name, and data in the gameplay constants and interface. I want something that still looks like a normal game, but also different and not as different as other modes

Orcs here have high HP pool and HP regen, high attack damage, but at the beginning low attack speed, Grunts have immolation, Trolls have observer wards, and the aditional unit is the Space fel orc, with high attack speed (the flamethrower) but low damage (Until the upgrades), and if u have Blademaster and some other buildings u can build a fountain of life (Aura and destructible) where u can train the Mathog, a very very fast unit that can reincarnate.

Human's footman have Defense without researche with better and of course balanced stats, riflemans have more range, and a mini stun (a little bit like sniper from dota) but bc of the high range and damage, his attack are very slow and he can summon a dog/wolf with true sight for scout, humans get better as the game passes, with upgrades they get very stronger (more than other races in terms of upgrades), their new unit is like a Machine Gun guy, very slow MS, low hp and armor but high damage and attack speed. I get the model from here (hiveworkshop), and if u have Blood Mage u can have High Elves units, that have a very specific unit good against Undead (since undead have magic damage and they deal a lot of damage against Humans, one of these units have high magic resistence)

Night Elf's Archers have some kinda of split shot that each archer can hit 2/3 units, and their new unit is an Assassin, with invi (wind walk), shadow strike, blink, critical with silence (their damage its not high and they have low mana so u can't spam and abuse of these skills), but you only can train them if u have Warden, and of course all of these units are more expensive, and their stats are not stronger as the Heroes.

Undead, almost every unit except flying ones, have life steal (frostmourne item type) and extremely high regeneration on the blight to compensate the low hp and for some of them, low attack speed too, Crypt Fiends have low attack range but with Web avaliable without research too and their attacks have a chance to ensnare the target for a little period of time with bonus damage, plus they have a new unit that is a Warlock with various magical abilities included a mass teleport but only for 2-3 units and another worker that is a skeletal mage custom model.

The map that I'm using at moment is the Twisted Meadows just for tests, I will make another if this thing works, i change a lot of things, more players, more creep camps, and since in this map you have more expensive units, there are spiders in the map that drop a few bundle of woods (Not that much but already helps the early game), and the gold mines, creeps have and give more gold, the same goes for the trees, plus I put a dragon roost in the center of the map, near the tavern, that is availiable after 15-20 Min and u need of course tier 3 halls, and he's very expensive )4-5k gold, 1k+ wood and 30 food. this is bc he have 5k Hp, high attack damage, and his skills deal a lot of AOE damage, but i made him with low attack range (300-400) and melee units can attack him, u can destroy the enemies base easily with him if u protect, but if he get focused by a organized team/teams u can kill him easily too.
I'm trying to do something like: the Undeads have a advantage in numbers and magic, (use little farm, so you can have a bigger armies), Humans get stronger with upgrades/technology, like one upgrade give them +10/15 damage, Night Elves have massive area damage and high defensive capacity, and Orcs are the tanks after some point (I still didn't find a specific function for them).

So, the help that I need from you guys: I need opinions about balancing based on what already exists (maps like that or about the game itself) and your general knowledge, what I need to change, remove, add, thank you.

If u guys want i can put the map here, just say.

ps: Sorry about the english, my mother language is portuguese.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.