• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Ideas for units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im developing this map, it is about melee wc3 war but with more races

Humans, Blood Elves, Night Elves, Scourge, Forsaken, Felblood, Naga, Draenei, Demon, Nerubian, Dwarve, Orc, Troll, Tauren, Ogre and goblins.

Im just starting and I have these units

Humans:

Footman:

Defend, Front Block: has a chance to block a melee attack coming from the front.

Spearman: food cost= 2
Abilities: Defend, Piercing Spears (dont know how) = deals extra damage against medium and light armor units.

Knight: abilities: Chargue (chargues to a unit dealing damage in it's passing)

Siege Golem: Spell Resistance (basic, reduces magic damage and spell damage this unit takes by 60%), Demolish (40% extra damage against buildings and 4 extra damage upgrade), Metal Spirit (Upgrade, increases hit points by 50 and changues armor to fortified, normal armor is medium)

Catapult: Impact Boulder (deals 150 damage to buildings and pauses them for 7 seconds) and long range changue (sets attack rate to 5 seconds but turns range to 2150)

Shielder: Spellcaster unit, cast shielding (Increases armor of nearby units by 3), Spell Wall (blocks a negative spell) and Magic Cell (leashes ground units for no damage but lasts 40 seconds), Magic Cell proves to be good with Archimage's Blizzard

In each race by rule there must be 12 units, I have made just 6 so i need ideas to raplace, Dragonhawk Rider, Gyphon Rider, Steam tank, Gyrocopter and sorceress

Level 2
Are the units also allowed to be dwarven or is it only human theme?

hmm no the races are totally divided, if u see the human race in wc3 only have 4 units -.-"!, so im making the human race totally "human" so i need ideas XD

I have one hero extra for humans there must be 4 by race

also im making some changues to the war mode

example:

archers now have long range turn, turning it's projectiles to artillery, so they can attack from very far but with a great chance to miss (works on archer heros also, but taking out most of the arrow effects)

The Dwarves have their attack speed reduced but with normal chance to hit,

Level 2
Rangers: Very Long Range human archers, maybe decent damage,

Can use something like Shadowmeld (some type of cloak that makes them immobile and attacking breaks it).

Also can recieve a fire arrow upgrade maybe, that increases damage and burns trees.

Brawler: Human civilian model scaled larger
Basically a very tough unit that can do decent melee damage, has something along the lines of a passive Bash.

Horse Archer(s): Self explanatory really

Rider-less Gryphon: Only melee attack, VERY effective against other air units, decent against ground. Has Devour ability.

Blacksmith: Excels at supporting other units around, especially melee units. Can increase defense / armor of nearby units and do decent melee maybe?

Thats all I have for now

Level 2
You said you also have a leftover hero slot so...

Ranger Hero:
Very long range and high damage but has very low HP and armor, Doesnt get into close combat often, Can use some sort of crippling shot that will net an enemy in place for X amount of time, increasing damage a little and time quite a bit with each rank up. Also maybe a poison arrows activated spell like on that one Night elf hero maybe?

Good ideas but ranger hero is for blood elves as traditionally is, humans most of the time use guns or some tipe of heavy armor to defend themselves that is the basic idea of humans.

Maybe a dragon will be good and well i need units to subtitute dragonhawk , gyphon, sorceress, gyrocopter, and steam tank so that is basically the idea i alreadt have the warrior units.

Level 2
You could replace the siege engine with some sort of tank thats more efficient against units in closer combat, Or make it an artillery type unit, that goes immobile but has a very long range.

OR if you've ever played WoW, you could make a hero like that, A mechanical tank hero, or one thats piloted by an average Joe, like the Flame Leviathan from Ulduar, that has mini different abilities / explosives or can spawn repair bots to heal it.

Level 1
Does stronger version of a unit ok to you? I meant like On a building called barracks, it trains Swordsman Master Swordsman Etc.

If so, I'll suggest replace Knight in the barracks with an Archer (male, so they have ranged units) and make a seperate building for Knight. Trains Knight, Knight Champion and Knight Lord.

hmmm that could prove to be usefull indeed, i will use the old steam tank model (the unit not the hero, mechanical hero? too bugged, jaja but very good) THX

A good mechanical hero I have is this:

Hellfire Abomination: model (infernal contraption)

Breath of Chaos: Deals chaos damage to a large area and chaos damage overtime (triggered)

Demon's Steel: reduces the magic and phisical damage this unit takes by x%, increases armor.

Channeled Fire: channels a powerfull fire up to 5 seconds (max level) each second increases the damage this unit deals by x% (trigger)

Infernal Form: turns the mechanical contraption in to an infernal with Chaos Flames (inmolation triggered, deals chaos damage and reduces the armor of unit it damages by x), increases armor and turns it's attack to chaos,

there is a good model for this infernal that haves the armor of the infernal contraption

Level 4
Arcane Turret

Damage: 20-35
Range: 700 in stand still mode, 300 in move mode
HP: 800
Armor: 7
Race: Blood Elf
Abilities: Flight, feedback

A small turret that can pack away into a plane and take off. Also drains mana and deals more damage with the mana taken away.

20 gold, 50 lumber. Requires a unit inside of it to fire, more preferably a worker to make it a transport and bunker at the same time.

Level 18
What a nice idae ! (the Turret I mean).

Bloodelf : Spearman (has a mode such as defensive stand which highly increases damages over mounted unit) / Knight of the Blood Order (Glorious Charge, increases damages dealen and give an AoE effect to the next attack)

Humans : Instead of making three different levels of knight why dont you make the Horse-Archer like previously said, the regular knight and a Horse-Spearman ?

Felblood : Berzerk (every units killed by the Berzerk increases its attack speed)

Orc/Goblins : I think it should be better for you to combine those two races, and maybe to add centaure (to increases differences between Orcs and Fel Orcs). Mecha-Spider (like the model on hive).

Troll : Shaman (Can summon different types of totems with different kind of effects)

Tauren/Ogres : I think it should be better for you to combine those two races, and maybe to add centaure (because of the lack of models).

Does stronger version of a unit ok to you? I meant like On a building called barracks, it trains Swordsman Master Swordsman Etc.

If so, I'll suggest replace Knight in the barracks with an Archer (male, so they have ranged units) and make a seperate building for Knight. Trains Knight, Knight Champion and Knight Lord.

Ihave the spearman unit, wich haves the defend and piercing spears ability making it exeptionally great against ranged units and air units

Status
Not open for further replies.