• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Out of ideas for a good spells, need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I want to create a spellbook containing light magic spells for a hero. I have 4 spells:
Holy Water: Throws a vial of Holy Water at the enemy damaging him.
Barricades: Surrounds the hero (and some nearby troops) with a protective barricade.
Healing Aura: Bestows the unit the ability to regenerate nearby units' hits.
Godly Wrath: A powerful thunder strikes the target, stunning him and dealing damage.

I need something that shall fit the theme, a damage spell of any kind. Maybe something that should damage multiple units.

Level 12
Divine Wrath (Thunder Clap ability): Hero releases holy energies to damage and slow nearby units.
Righteous Swings (Cleaving Attack ability): Hero attacks with such intensity thus causing damage to units around the primary target.

These are just basic abilities that came in mind. I didn't want to go all pro triggered abilities and stuff since the abilities you posted are also simple.

Level 3
chain of faith: an wave of pure energy that bounces at multiple targets doing more damage at each bounce.

circle of devotion: summons an holy circle at the ground, friendly units that enters the circle will receive bonus HP and mana regen, enemies will be slowed ( movement and atk rate).

Penitency: AoE or single target spell, does damage multiplied by quantity of units that target unit killed until that moment. Ex: 10(base damage) x 9 ( number of units that the target killed)= 90.

Level 2
What about this:

Nova of Illumination
- A circle of pure light expands around the hero (like Razor's skill, in DoTA)
- Damages all enemy units, for X damage, that come in contact with the circle.
- Heals all friendly units, for X HP, that come in contact with the circle.

Tell me what you think!

Level 3
Judgment:
- Rains down a shower a flaming meteors that slows all units caught in the AoE.
or
- Flame pillars shoot up in an area (Which deal damage) and out of the flames appear Fire Elements or Pheonixes.
or
-Flame Pillars conjure up for 1-2 seconds, then Lightning falls for 1-2 seconds, last but not least all units in the blast are Frost Nova-ed.

Level 6
@Marlon919
Chain of faith is more like chain lightning with Damage reduction set to positive. Nice idea though.

Circle of devotion sounds interesting.

Penitency has nice engine but i don't really like the idea.

@Anthony Alexander

Good idea, Pit's FS was fun, but IMO Bowser's is more fun to use. The idea is good but I don't want summoning spells.

@NazGulZation
Holy Recolation: Like if there are 3 units each get healed for 100 but if 6 for 50?

@Inamorda
Sounds nice and hard to trigger. The problem is, i don't cnow how to code ring/circle spells.

@Unreal.
Judgement: Sounds more like a fire spell then a good spell. I might put some of the effects in a fire spellbook. They sound nice.

Level 2
Maybe this will tutorial will help with the ring spells.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=92873

So maybe you could make it spawn two dummy units in each direction, instead of one in each direction. One for friendlies and one for enemies. So the friendly one would do -X damage (heals) when a friendly unit comes within 100 range of the dummy and the enemy one would do X damage when an enemy unit comes within 100 range.

Level 3
@Davy Jones :
Correct.... but maybe you can increases the spell power .. like...
1 unit = 1000hp - 2 unit = 500hp - 4 unit = 250hp - and so on...

Level 3
Oh haha Light Magic, didn't catch that! How bout:
Angel's Grace
-Shoots a light beam(like a shockwave that heals with diff art) that heals friendly units in the blast radius. Maybe make it so it damages enemy units or stuns them.

Heavenly Bonfire
-Summons a fire that has heal for allies but immolation for enemies.

Tranquil Wishes
-Gives all friendly units in an area invincibility + rejuvenation.
or for something less imba
-Gives all units in an area Divine Shield, or blocks all attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.