• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Defense Tower Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I'm currently in a project, making my map, Protect The House.

Currently, we only have 3 Tiers (types) of towers: Machine Gun (Very fast attack speed, low damage, medium range), Rocket (Very slow attack speed, high damage, long range with splash) and Tesla Coil (Average attack speed, low damage medium-low range with multiple targets). We need more tiers!
If you have an idea of a new tier my map can have, tell me!

Last edited:
Level 7
I would suggest doing research and having the types of each weapon a type of tower, each having several tiers of upgrades, here's some examples
Incendiary:
Flame Throwers, Rockets, Grenades, Mines, Napalm, splash and Damage over time effects
Rifles:
.22 - .50 caliber, slow and powerful
Machine guns:
(don't know a whole lot on machine guns, basically all I know is the M4 which is still semi-auto?) Fast, moderate damage
Tesla:
Chain and forked lightning effects, excellent balance of speed and damage
Mega Weapons:
Tank Turret (120 MM), Called Air strike (Series of bombs in a line or a gunship), Ion cannon (future?) - Burst of energy strikes from above, Implosion device (sucks everything in with massive crushing force)

Those are just some ideas.

Last edited:
Level 12
Nuke.
Nuff said.
Oh yea, and add in auto sentry gun, nuff said bro.
Sentry gun - takes 2 second to lock-on, after lock-on, release a horde (20 round) of ammo towards target. Target can move to evade the bullet. No reload, however, need to re-lockon again. Yea and also, give 10% chance to head shot and 45% chance to cripple target (40% slow & 60% attack speed reduced.)

Hope this helps. Hey and remember to give credits to us bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.