• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An unused map i want to share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, this is a map i havent continued, maybe someone else finds it interesting.

I tried to make a League of Legends map and use my own ideas but i stopped, cause i lack the understanding of programming. Thought after so many years i would be able to do it.

League of Warcraft REAL

I wanted the player to be able to have as many options as possible to make his team stronger.
Hero: Should have unlimited/maximum level cap. No new Heros, just basic ones. No new abilities. Improving their existing abilities the same as they are already in their 3 ranks. Of course Balancing them, like one idea i had recently was that you cant improve Blademasters Critical chance or else he will crit every hit. So far i would have kept it at Rank 3. For the Archmage's Waterelementals, they would have to be made stronger, no additional Waterelementals, just improving the existing ones. Also the Mana-Regeneration ability should stay as it is.

Towers: For Towers i wanted the player to be able to upgrade its damage, armor, HP, (not so sure about HP Regeneration anymore), Attack Range, Attack Speed. I didnt know if the upgrades should be single towers, all towers or towers per lane. Another idea was, when a tower is destroyed, its upgrades should be added to the one behind, so that the next tower isnt at 0 Upgrades, i guess thats where someone would leave the game after putting so much effort in the front tower.

Units: I wanted them to be spawned like in LoL. Upgrades shouldnt include increasing the amount of spawns. I dont like the huge amount of Units that fight each other. The upgrades should be HP, Armor, Damage if i remember correctly, i forgot about the Units completely... . Upgrades could also be lane-only.

All in all, it should be kept simple. Not adding Healers, Tanks, Air and what not. There is already a lot that can be done with just one Unit.
My wish was to balance all these upgrades so that the player can choose how to play the game, so that you can defend one tower and upgrade it and always kill the spawns. Or focus on Units upgrades to take down the enemies tower.
Another idea was item drops from units. 3 levels of drops. Not sure how to call them. Say 1 is Rare, 2 is extra Rare, 3 is even more Rare. Those could be level 1 Damage item that gives +1 Damage, the level 2 would be +3 and the level 3 would be +5. Whenever you collect one of these items it combines. And there should be a high variety of items so that you have to decide on 6. This gives more uniquenes in playstyle. The combination should work like this; you collect a +1 Damage item and then another +1 Damage item and they combine to a +2 Damage item.

I must have forgotten a lot of things. This map is on my PC since Feb 2017.

Level 8
I tried to make a League of Legends map

It's called DOTA, and it was the inspiration for League of Legends and all the other MOBAs.

Anyway, why not pick it up yourself and then get people in the trigger help section to help you every time you get stuck? Most issues are given answers within an hour or two.

Level 24
It's called DOTA, and it was the inspiration for League of Legends and all the other MOBAs.

Anyway, why not pick it up yourself and then get people in the trigger help section to help you every time you get stuck? Most issues are given answers within an hour or two.

League of legends is vastly different from Dota and can only be compared on the surface level, and with the statement you made regarding origins you would be hard pressed to avoid the infinite turtles that lie below you:

"It's called (AOS) Aeon of Strife, and it was the inspiration for for Dota!"
"It's called Starcraft, it was the inspiration for AOS!"
"It's called Warcraft II and it was the inspiration for starcraft!"
"It's called Warcraft I and it was the inspiration for Warcraft II!"

It's turtles all the way done

Level 8
League of legends is vastly different from Dota and can only be compared on the surface level, and with the statement you made regarding origins you would be hard pressed to avoid the infinite turtles that lie below you:

"It's called (AOS) Aeon of Strife, and it was the inspiration for for Dota!"
"It's called Starcraft, it was the inspiration for AOS!"
"It's called Warcraft II and it was the inspiration for starcraft!"
"It's called Warcraft I and it was the inspiration for Warcraft II!"

It's turtles all the way done
DOTA served as a direct point of inspiration for League of Legends when it was being developed initially, as in, that was explicitly what they based their idea of the game on.
But that's not really the reason why I mentioned it, I just found it extremely ironic that he used LoL as a frame of reference in the very game that birthed the basis of LoL to begin with.
As for the other ones, I was aware that AOS was the inspiration for DOTA, but it wasn't really the inspiration for LoL, and I thought it might be a bit too obscure for someone who apparently didn't even know about DOTA. As for anything below that, it's not really inspiration, but more enabling platform/engine. The idea in itself is, as far as I know, conceived at AOS.

Level 24
The map type is AOS, what he, his mother, or his dog calls it, in the end is content for a +17 year old game and shouldn't be disparaged for doing so.

Stop.jpg

Level 8
The map type is AOS, what he, his mother, or his dog calls it, in the end is content for a +17 year old game and shouldn't be disparaged for doing so.

View attachment 324796
I'm flattered that you bothered making that picture.
Also, what creativity am I disparaging here exactly? Am I the only one who reads the above as: "Can someone make a LoL clone from scratch for me please?"
It's not creative. It's not a creative or even original idea, and it certainly isn't indicative of any real desire to explore creative expression or talent either.

I have made maps from scratch for people before, because they had some idea that they wanted to see come to life, but didn't feel that they had the means to do it. This isn't an idea, it's the kind of remake map that only makes sense if you make it yourself as your own interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.