• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I want an idea for a map. Please, look here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
So, hello forum. I hadan idea - why not make a nice looking underground mining terrain, where 2+ dwarven clans will battle for supremacy and have to fight off some ancient foe, burried beneath the ground ? Sounds good, no ? :)

THen I thought: "What knd of map should that be??"
That's what I am asking you:

When you hear the name " Dwarven Mine Wars" or "Battle for the Mine" what game would you like to see? AoS type? Or a spawning game? OR a strategy? Or something with only heroes? Should there be quests/missions? Or just freindly town NPCs? If heroes are yes - to what level, what kind of skills? What would be the win/lose conditions? How many players and how many teams should the game include? And so on ...

I'd be really happy to hear some opineans.
+Rep and credits [someday, when the map is started] will be given for helpful answers.

Level 13
I would just go with 2 teams for either idea

Battle for the Mine
Sounds like a map where there are mines on the map that you capture and every like 30-60 seconds you get +1 Point per mine you have. With a first to 500 Points Wins.
With like 5-10 mines on the map.
Heroes Vs Heroes

Or same idea but as a defence type game
Defend or Attack teams
Game lasts like 10 mins if defending team lasts 10 mins it wins.
If Attacking team takes over every gold mine it win (one being in the every back of the mine)
Heros vs MASS creeps or Heroes vs Heroes

Level 3
Aside from those ideas, it could always become a map similar to troll vs elves or island D.

You mine for resources, and must hold out in the mines against 'the ancient foe'. I'm creating a game of this type and i feel it is a fun genre, with many open ends for creativity.

You could add quests, game modes within modes (time limits, etc) among many other things.

Level 8
not that i am losing creative juices for today but.. i think its better that this map be just a builder map with the two team having different techtrees, units, and abilities.. the ancient foe could also raid randomly one of the clans from time to time with his minions and the only way to stop them is to kill the boss in his lair :)

Level 10
Battle for the Mine makes me think of fighting for a single object for control. Such an idea would relate to the last level in the Frozen Throne (fight to control the central mineshaft or something).

Dwarven Mine Wars makes me think of some Hero vs Hero situation where 2 Dwarven tribes fight for control.

Status
Not open for further replies.