• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for good stuff for an AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys, I'm currently taking an old project back I've made with a friend long time ago, and I would like to know what should be added and what not into an Aos map. The aos itself has the basics (like creep respawning, hero revival... certain modes and commands...) but I would like some extras and spice to it.

Oh and I was thinking in some things to add but I would like to see what do you think about them. For example I was thinking that each side should have their own unique items (aside from a common store which sells the basics), but there will be a special merchant which travels the map to sell items from both sides (like a Marketplace).

Any ideas will be welcome, not only features, you can give me hero ideas, ability ideas, gameplay, items, etc.

Level 18
• Evolving Environment (Number of lanes changing, more than only 2 kingdoms, areas you could/can no longer enter in...)
• Bosses (Not only in bases, creeps bosses are fun to find and to kill)
• Evolving Units (same units the whole game is borring, maybe the players can buy new types of units ? Or they just evolve upon time ?)
• Items Crafting (You are not forced to make recipes, this is borring since DotA, but if players can upgrade their weapons they will be fan)

Level 6
Thanks Gofferdom, I like your ideas, but clear some things for me please:

Evolving Environment: I don't get at all that the number of lanes change, and the "areas you could/can no longer enter in" part. Better explanation please?
Bosses: I like it, maybe bosses that defend when a lane struggles or that spawn after certain waves, maybe creep bosses too.
Evolving units: I was thinking something like that some time ago, I would like to know how to make some kinda structure (which belongs to the force not the players) which allows player to upgrade or buy units via mana.
Items crafting: You mena like "buy another one to upgrade" or something like the "Temper" skill from EoTA? Something else maybe?

Level 18
Evolving Environment: A lane who is suddenly closed (a bridge who can be broke, rocks who felt, I dont know). For areas imagine you have paths between the lanes, you can have small areas where there are creeps or I dont know what. It can sometime be closed or re-open. Or maybe there are places unavailable at start but after.
Evolving Unit: I never thought about using mana but it dosent change anything. Just use a building who can sells units. Each time a player buys a unit you can check the building's mana and use triggers to improve units spawned.
Items Crafting: I dont know the map you are talking about but this is what I wanted to say. You buy another one and it improves your current weapon. You can find a way to make it more original ?

I would personally like to see random events maybe every 20 minutes or so or less.

For example... a defense round where it spawns outrageous numbers of creeps and stops spawning each player's creeps, forcing heroes off offense and onto defense.

Another one would be like a hero arena in which two heroes duel it out. The winning team gets x amount of gold for each player that is currently in the game.

A third example would turn all the heroes on one team into sheepfor 30-60 seconds. Allowing the luckier team to move in and take control of the game.

I hope you get this AOS done. People try so hard with so much stuff these days and then they don't even get their maps done. If worst comes to worst put the alpha on hive as an opensource. Maybe someone will finish it.

Level 6
I would personally like to see random events maybe every 20 minutes or so or less.

For example... a defense round where it spawns outrageous numbers of creeps and stops spawning each player's creeps, forcing heroes off offense and onto defense.

Another one would be like a hero arena in which two heroes duel it out. The winning team gets x amount of gold for each player that is currently in the game.

A third example would turn all the heroes on one team into sheepfor 30-60 seconds. Allowing the luckier team to move in and take control of the game.

I hope you get this AOS done. People try so hard with so much stuff these days and then they don't even get their maps done. If worst comes to worst put the alpha on hive as an opensource. Maybe someone will finish it.

Random events look like a good idea, and don't worry, I'll try as much as possible to do at least a decent playable AoS. Keep your ideas coming please!

Level 17
Personally, I'd like to see an AoS that takes some ideas of player vs. player from Warhammer Online and even World of WarCraft. Catapults and rangers shooting from walls into the battlefield, outposts that you and your team can capture to act as an "advance" or a push, realistic battles like footmen assuming the Defend ability as they descend into battle. Pretty much everything that embodies player vs. player combat. I also like lightning brigades idea about the hero arena as a periodic event. There could be obstacles in the arena too, like spikes that injure you or fires that burn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.