• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item concept for AoS maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i need some ideas on an item concept for my aos map called Realms of the Genesis v3

the most commonly used item concept for aos maps are the item combine system, but this, buy that, buy recipe and generate new stronger item, which is too common for AoS maps, im trying all i can to make my map more unique than others, i already have 1 new item concept for my map, which will be different from the general concept

it was like: runic item system, a shop with runes, buy this rune (based on tomes, removing it from your inventory), and you will gain bonuses such as str, or damage, or movespeed that last for some duration, not just ordinary bonuses, but bonuses such as, bonus str depending on your hero's level, and stuffs like that, also this will be stackable, lets say you buy a rune that gives +10 str, and when you buy that rune again, then it will again provide you +10 str, making it a total of +20 str, after the first duration is finished, then it will its +10 bonus will be removed from the hero

i can say this is enough for an item concept, but the way i used the concept is for secondary item use only, imagine all you items are non-permanent, which would suck, thats why i need something that can replace warcraft 3's item concept, a more unique one

of course, credits to the people who will help me with this

Level 11
I like your concept. Ill see what I can do to help out. I think this concept would be mixing an AoS with the power of Hero Wars. Which is a good thing, especially cause it wont be imba.

Level 11
no i think there will be a time period till tomes dissipate and i think tomes would cost a good amount cause if they wont then its imba

Level 8
It would be best if the item could be enchanted only once with the specific rune (maybe twice). And I don't think that giving heroes more power depending on their level is such a good idea. They will become unstoppable, only because they've stayed around in fights.
You should rethink this. After all, there are heroes that can farm much better then others and this would make their strength limitless.

Level 2
in the project thread, we already discussed about limiting the stack, i think it would be better if 1 rune per hero, and when u purchased another rune, then it will replace the other

thanks for the feedbacks

Level 2
i really need ideas for the "general" item concept, like permanent items, this idea i have now is for the runes (which is not permanent)

Status
Not open for further replies.