• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request for Map Ideas - Titans of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Hiveworkshop-ers,

I'm making a map called Titans of War.

It is a single-lane semi-AoS gameplay at current idea developing stage. Further gameplay development (may) includes:
- Micro-management
- Tactical targeting
- Arena
- Solo/Team battle
- Domination
- Capture the flag

The two teams are the Ancient and the Undead. The Ancients are the legendary heroes of the past (protagonist), whereas the Undeads are the undying creeps of lost time (antagonist).

Hero statistics as follow:
Maximum level: 25
Number of normal skills: 3 (4th being attribute bonus)
Number of Ultimate: 1
Base hit points: 150
Hit points per STR: 19
Attack speed per AGI: 1%
Mana points per INT: 13

I need some ideas on:

Any gameplay mode will do.

Up to 8 perishable items (potions, sentry wards, etc).
Up to 20 offensive items, with or without orb effect/bash/critical (claw of attack, etc).
Up to 20 defensive items (ring of protection, etc).
Up to 12 usable items to cast spell (hex, blink, avatar, etc).
Up to 10 supportive items (boots of speed, gloves of haste, ironwood branch, etc).

- Hero name
- Brief hero background story
- Hero statistics (attack range, base damage, attack speed, movement speed, model, etc)
- Main attribute
- Base Str/Agi/Int
- Str/Agi/Int gain per level
- Skill name
- Skill description & effects
- Skill statistics (damage, duration, cast range, AoE size, cooldown, mana cost, etc)

Anything that you might find interesting to be added on.

I'm still at drafting stage of the production, brainstorming for brilliant ideas.

Please, send me a message if you have any great ideas! (Inbox me if discretion is preferred.)

Last edited:
Level 28
I would suggest one or more 'paired' heroes, two heroes having a connection through backstory of some kind.Then you could work that into gameplay somehow, like both heroes gaining a special ability in each other's presence.

For example, I recall an AoS out there where two archer sisters (one of which was taken by the undead) now fight for opposing sides. Another might be a great hero who defeated a monster, with said monster as a playable hero.

I would suggest one or more 'paired' heroes, two heroes having a connection through backstory of some kind.Then you could work that into gameplay somehow, like both heroes gaining a special ability in each other's presence.
Cool idea. I've thought of having heroes with connected background, but I haven't thought of "gaining a special ability in each other's presence". That's a wonderful idea.

Level 19
Here are some:

Items

Heroes could have items specifically made for them. It can only be bought/equipped by that specific hero. It would like help the hero overcome its weaknesses. Say this is a defensive wall hero. Just always blocking enemy attacks and absorbing them, but weak attack. He always gets picked on. But with item X, he could get a huge/large attack boost, making him not only a defensive wall but also a physical attacker.

Gameplay

Since its a one lane, I think make it a bit bigger and add some cool stuff, making many aspects of the game controllable. Maybe make a tower control system. They would have like switches which fires off something when switched, but these switches have cooldowns, requirements. Say one tower is a Cannon Tower, to activate is special ability, you need a huge cannon ball or something which it would fire on the direction its facing. Also, it could be an arcane tower which would fire an arcane bolt at random units. It would siphon their mana and transfer it into nearby friendly units.

Also, I was thinking of an ability assist system. It goes like this, if ability x is fired, then ability y is fired at the same target, special effects happen. It would work better on unit/AoE targeted spells. Example, Fire Lord casts a spell which hurls a huge chunk of molten rock. Then Aquamancer uses a spell which fires off a huge pressurized bolt of water from below at the target point. The effect would be that the molten rocks would shatter and send out smaller rocks flying.

Da Fist's Items idea:
Arms of Justice (Bash) +10 damage
Boots of speed +30 MS*
Iron Sword + 15 Damage
Might of a Titan + 30 Damage
Shield +3 Defence
Amulett of Training +5 all stats
I'm inspired by the Amulet of Training. Thanks for the idea.

Here are some:

Items

Heroes could have items specifically made for them. It can only be bought/equipped by that specific hero. It would like help the hero overcome its weaknesses. Say this is a defensive wall hero. Just always blocking enemy attacks and absorbing them, but weak attack. He always gets picked on. But with item X, he could get a huge/large attack boost, making him not only a defensive wall but also a physical attacker.

Gameplay

Since its a one lane, I think make it a bit bigger and add some cool stuff, making many aspects of the game controllable. Maybe make a tower control system. They would have like switches which fires off something when switched, but these switches have cooldowns, requirements. Say one tower is a Cannon Tower, to activate is special ability, you need a huge cannon ball or something which it would fire on the direction its facing. Also, it could be an arcane tower which would fire an arcane bolt at random units. It would siphon their mana and transfer it into nearby friendly units.

Also, I was thinking of an ability assist system. It goes like this, if ability x is fired, then ability y is fired at the same target, special effects happen. It would work better on unit/AoE targeted spells. Example, Fire Lord casts a spell which hurls a huge chunk of molten rock. Then Aquamancer uses a spell which fires off a huge pressurized bolt of water from below at the target point. The effect would be that the molten rocks would shatter and send out smaller rocks flying.
That's one crazy idea. I suppose this will take a lot of time. I'll try to figure out on how to work on it. =D

Level 12
The hero statistics reminded me of DotA's hero statistics, lol.

Item Ideas:

Sanctifying Robe: Gives +10 int and +50% mana regeneration.
Scimitar of Ice: Gives +20 damage, +5 agi, and Glacier Blow (Passive). Glacier blow causes slow to enemies when hit.
Cutlass of Flame: Gives +20 damage, +5 str, and Fiery Slash (Passive). Fiery slash causes damage to deal 10 more damage per hit, then 15% chance to ignite enemy on fire which deals 10 damage per second, lasts up to 3 seconds. Does not stack.
Pyromancer's Staff: Gives +20 int, +100% mana regeneration, and Ignite (Active). Ignite can be used upon a targeted hero to stun it for 3 seconds.
Nebulous Staff: Gives +10 int, +5 to all stats, and Overwhelming Darkness (Active). Overwhelming darkness causes the day to become night, and allows you to see enemies. This lasts for 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.