1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Campaign Item Ideas

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by [E]clipse, Mar 10, 2015.

1. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone,
    I am making a campaign that has a completely new lore universe and the name of the campaign is "Guardians of Xar'aysia : The fall of an Empire" U can find the story of my campaign at the Story boarding forum under the artist's discussion category, I need to know what you all want to see in my campaign,

Currently I want some good Item Ideas. here some things that an Item's idea must have:-

Name of the Item :

Category :
    (common, uncommon, rare, artifact, mythical, legendary, immortal, divine)

Story of the Item: (Optional)

Function of the Item (what it does) : ex- bash, +3 str

All the helpers will get +rep and their name in the campaign's credit list.

I also want to know what kind of heroes, terrain, spells etc u want to see in the campaign. So u can give me some suggestions on those too. However my heroes list is complete but I can add some optional heroes If anyone wants. So for the Idea of the Hero here are some key points :-

1. Name of the Hero
    2. Role in game (like support, tanker, carry etc.)
    3.Primary attribute (str, agi, int )
    4.base element/type (example: fire, water, earth, thunder, arcane, spirit, dark, paladin, ice, others etc.)
    5.Proper names (opt.) :
    6.Spells (custom,optional):

2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Name of the Item:Amulet of the Spire

Category:Rare

Story of the Item :This amulet made of a strange black material which slightly glows black is given to members of the Onyx Spire,a shadowy guild of Shadow creature assassins and thieves,upon entering the guild through a Rite of Passing.This amulet is said to greatly increase the wearer's stealth abilities

Function of the Item:+8 agility,10% critical hit and evasion chance,5% attack speed

Name of Hero:Onyx Spire Assassin

Role in game:DPS Rouge

Primary attribute:Agility

Base Element:Dark

Proper Names:Draug,Agror,Bashator,Rommakesh,Tru'gash,Auxil

Spells:

Swift Strike

The Onyx Spire Assassin strikes faster and has a chance to deal extra damage for a certain time

Lvl 1:10% faster,20% chance for 15% percent extra damage
    Lvl 2:15% faster,15% chance for 25% percent extra damage
    Lvl 3:20% faster,10% chance for 35% percent extra damage

Blink Strike

The Onyx Spire Assassin has chance to blink behind a target and deal double damage

Lvl 1:10% chance
    Lvl 2:20% chance
    Lvl 3:30% chance

Curse of the Shadow

The shadows them self comes to the aid of the Onyx Spire Assassin as they corrupt the victim,damaging them and causing them to miss some attacks

Lvl 1:150 damage,5% chance to miss attacks for 10 seconds
    Lvl 2:200 damage,10% chance to miss attacks for 15 seconds
    Lvl 3:250 damage,15% chance to miss attacks for 20 seconds

Backstap

The Assassin uses his advance training and skill to attack all enemies in a area causing them to bleed and take damage over time

lvl 1:300 damage,500 radius,5 damage per second for 20 seconds

3. I can tell you some basic things that I really appreciate in Campaigns.

For terrain, create really different locations, not town, town, field, town, but Fairy Forest, Deep Mine or Burning Lands. Be creative and try to create places that are unique.

About Heroes, create different Heroes, of course. Give them different roles, like Damage Dealer, Caster, Healer and Tank and combinations of these. Also important, and also appreciated by many players, give them story, background and a personality.

Spells are a bit difficult. Of course, create spells that are well-looking, well-designed and unique. Often it is also wise to create spells that have more than one effects and are influenced by local circumstances or unit-types.
    I myself don't want to see simple spells, like Fireball or such.

4. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks and I am on it

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  6. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks A lot

7. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with the first sentiment. Don't go too much into background though; reading long stories about a hero we don't care about yet is not fun. Their backgrounds should be revealed slowly in brief windows. It's even better if you learn their backgrounds from other characters...e.g. "Her husband was tortured by the Druhks for weeks. He's alive still, but what they shared isn't here anymore."

Regarding the spells, I think I have different tastes. More than one effect can be good, but simple spells are good too. Stormbolt is one of my favorite spells in WC3...it's really fun even though it's simple (though it does have 2 effects: damage and stun). I find some complicated spells annoying, particularly those that have random effects (e.g. 25% chance of healing you to full...25% chance of killing a random nearby enemy...) Random effects cannot be meaningfully used strategically, and it decreases your control over your own units. Maybe it would be best to have a mix of complex and simple spells.

8. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I like that...

9. I tried to express that I would like to see not only simple spells like Stormbolt or Fireball, but also advanced, custom spells from Hive and such.

Of course, there should be also some simple spells like your mentioned Stormbolt, but in my opinion creators should also add advanced spells.

10. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eye of Kraken - rare ; increese hero vision
    Medusa Head - rare ; when it is used , the item create a wave who temporari paralise enemy units .
    Neptun Sceptre - rare ; it give the hero ability to walk throw water .
    Anubis bracelet - rare ; the hero can use it to use an enemy unit to reborn .
    Thor Hammer -rare ; it give the hero a good chance to stunt enemy units .

11. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks 2 everyone for ur ideas and I am happy 2. Say rhat all ur ideas have been used exept the medusa's head and thor's hammer...

However I still feel a lack of custom items for my campaign so kep going!!!

12. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fallen Token : Increase damage dealt and grant ability to Raise Dead
    Rotting Staff : Inflict poison with high damage on attacks (Orb Effect)
    Moonwalk Stone : Increase night vision, grant invisibility on night

13. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey.. Thanks I liked the 1st idea..

14. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    Name of the Item : Staff of Mystical

Category : Mythical, Artifact

Function of the Item (what it does) : +600 max mana, +20 intelligence, increase damage by 30 and grants access to a few custom spells.

15. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    A few custom spells.. works like a spellbook.. thanks. This staff will be created as soon as balance it's attributes..

16. blancfaye7

blancfaye7

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Stone: Common: Charged
    A Stone you picked up can be used as a ranged attack!
    Gives: Hurl Boulder ability with only a mini stun.

Bomb: Common: Charged
    An explosive item crafted by goblins. Handle with Care!
    Gives: Small AoE damage with knockback from the point of target.

Hook: Common: Permanent
    Gives: Ability to cast Hook which drags enemies and friends to the caster. The hook must be aimed.

That's all I can think of. Give love to common items!

17. Molaf

Molaf

Resources:
    Resources:
    basically my way of creating items is :

check all the existing spells in units/heroes and create according items according to it.
    by example the crypt lord damage return and armor ability can be modified in many ways to create very cool items. same for the hard skin ability of the mountain giants if you wich to create cool tanky items.

also you have to create items using your heros stats (agility intelligence strenght mana hp)

and my advice is. create many many common and basic items.

(btw I really like your artifact idea.)

18. blancfaye7

blancfaye7

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This. Common items must be a lot, but thinking of it as well is hard. I suggest the people here to also make more common items to our friend in need.

19. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Name of the Item : HaltWatch's Left Eye

Category : Artifact, Legendary

Story of the Item : After Emperor HaltWatch's defeat against Vestroya Alliance, his left eye has been missing. It's rumored that this eye, if found can grant great powers.

Function of the Item : Flame Blaze (Flame Strike anywhere in the map, balance stats), +X Stats, +X Damage, +X Armor
    ======
    Name of the Item : Old Book

Category : Common

Function of the Item : +3 Intelligence, +1 Damage
    ======
    Name of the Item : Bomb

Category : Common, Charged (3)

Function of the Item : Send to target location to cause an explosion
    ======
    Name of the Item : Broken Scepter

Category : Common

Function of the Item : +4 Intelligence

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  20. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blancfay 7 and Daffa the mage, Thanks a lot I was wondering about common items and u fulfilled my wish.. :)

I see a RACC reference there... ;D

@Molaf , Thanks that is the.guide that I will keep in mind while creating Item