1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Spell Ideas needed

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by [E]clipse, Mar 7, 2015.

1. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi every one I am creating a custom campaign named Guardian of Xar'aysia : Fall of An Empire, U can see the story of the campaign at theStoryboarding and scriptwriting section. I have created a few custom spells for my campaign and I need more. Only u all can help me now with the Ideas. Here are some basics

1.Fire Element : U can give me some Ideas about the spells on fire that I can make. I have already created 3 spells based on Fire and I need 3 more.The spells should not heal instead they should deal a lot of damage or damage per second to enemy units.

2.Water element : I have not created any ability in this category , However u can help me create some. The element of water can heal, deal damage and chase enemy units.

3.Thunder element :- This element is the most furious element that is always out of control. Deals a lot of damage in a single cast and can shock enemy units. I have created only one spell in this category.

4.Others: these were the elemental abilities now I need some abilities that do not go to any of the above categories , some passive , some active spells etc. Any thing u can suggest.

All the helpers will be awarded with reputation and their name in the credit list of my campaign.

So, PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME GOOD IDEAS...:ogre_haosis:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wildfire: The target unit is attacked by living flames that spread to nearby units, dealing damage over time. Every unit coming into contact with a burning unit receives the buff.

Cauterize: Removes all buffs from the target (ally or enemy) and deals damage.

Hand of Fire: Target unit temporarily deals bonus damage and splash.

-

Healing Waters: Heals a large amount of damage an a target allied unit, with surrounding units being healed for less.

Water Whip: Stuns a single enemy unit.

Water Prison: Traps a unit in a giant sphere of water, losing a percentage of its health every second. The sphere can pe destroyed by attacking it with spells (ethereal) or dispelled.

Rainstorm: Channels a rainstorm in a huge AoE, enemy units have their move speed and sight range reduced.

-

Ball Lightning: Creates an orb of electricity at a target location. The orb explodes stunning and damaging all units in an AoE.

Spark Plasma: Creates an ethereal thundercloud floating above the battlefield. If not destroyed, after a short time it casts multiple Monsoon spells around it, one of them targeting allies as well.

Sound of Thunder: Damages all units in a small area. If the units are still in the area after a short while they are stunned by the thunderclap.

Hand of Thunder: Target unit temporarily deals bonus damage with a chance to stun and a small chance to cast Lightning shield on itself.

-

Trade Winds: Aura, increases allied movement speed.

Wind of Farore: All units in a target area are trapped in cyclones for a few seconds, then instantly moved to a random location.

Flash Freeze: Selects an area of water and stuns all units inside it.

Ice Prison: Traps a unit in a block of ice. The prison can be destroyed by attacking or dispelling it.

Hand of Ice: Target unit temporarily deals bonus damage and slow.

3. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow!!! THANKS A LOT!!!! u are so helpful alone!!!
    U got ur place in the Credits...

4. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Splash as in splash damage. Basically gives them the Orb of Fire ability.

5. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks

6. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    No more Ideas?? Anyone?

7. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Water Cage - create a massive cage around the hero who damage enemies around .
    Fire Hunger - passive ability who steal life from the nearby enemy units .
    Posseidon gift - create a rain who increese movement and attack speed of allied units .
    Mental crush - create a wave who confuse enemy units
    Thor rage - the hero create a massive thunder in a specific area
    Darkness Predator - the time become night , the hero gain movement and attack speed increese .
    Canibalism - create a wave who make enemy units to attack each others for a short time .

8. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, very good Ideas..

9. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fire Element:
    1. Scorching Mark - active, unit, single enemy - The Hero places a fiery curse upon an enemy, dealing minor damage over time. If it becomes a target of a spell, enemy or ally alike, the curse will grown in strength, and have it's duration refreshed.
    2. Blazing Speed - passive - A master at swift attacks, the Hero is able to perform a dashing fire-enchanted strike on regular attacks. Increases damage by 100% on 15% of the attacks, and deals 33% of inflicted damage per second, over 3 seconds.
    3. Searing Hunger - active, unit, single enemy - The Hero casts an enchantment upon a single enemy, burning him for 300 magical damage. Additionally, every enemy unit near the target will suffer some of the dealt damage, spread equally on all targets. If the target is alone, it will suffer double damage instead.

Water Element:
    1. Tear Defense - active, no target, instant - The Hero conjures a set of 5 tears to surround and protect him. Each tear can absorb some damage, but if the attack should destroy or damage more than one tear, only a single tear will be destroyed instead.
    2. Reverse Replica - passive - Whenever the Hero casts a spell, there is a small chance that the dealt damage will replicate itself to heal you by 50% of damage done.

Thunder Element:
    1. Raging Thunder - active, single unit, enemy - Calls the unstable powers of the storm upon a single enemy, dealing random damage (from 1 to 600). There is a chance that this skill will inflict critical damage, doubling any random amount rolled.
    2. Magnetic Rush - active, self, instant - The Hero calls upon the lightning powers to charge himself up, resulting in either pulling to, or pushing away from him all nearby enemies. Also deals random damage, from 1 to 250, to all affected enemies. This skill can also score a critical, dealing double damage.
    3. Zeus's Favor - passive - The god of thunders smiles upon the Hero, gifting him with an ability to predict damage done by the spells. From now on, all damage bellow 35% of minimum will instead deal 35% of random damage, and criticals will always inflict maximum possible damage.

10. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thermal: Creates a pillar of flame on the ground that deals damage to all ground units in it. Any air units above the pillar are swept skywards and unable to act (Cyclone effect on the air units).

Parch: Channels, reducing the health of all units in the target area by a percentage per second (mechanical units are immune).

Burn the Dead: Destroys all corpses in the target area, replacing them with a fire that does damage to all units that get too close.

-

Bloodbend: Target hero is temporarily under the caster's control, unable to cast spells, and with greatly reduced attackspeed, movespeed, and damage.

Whirlpool: Creates a whirlpool at the target location. All units in the AoE are constantly drawn towards the center.

-

Overcharge: All units in target area are struck by lightning, taking minor damage in exchange for increased attack and movespeed.

Give my creation LIFE!: Reanimates several dead bodies with thunderbolts.

-

Rust: All mechanical units have their attackspeed, movement, damage and armor reduced.

11. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot again !!!

12. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fire - Sends a bouncing ball of fire that bounces off enemies in an area.
    Water - The caster transforms into a bolt of water and shoots himself through the air at the targeted zone. If an enemy is caught with the water bolt, the bolt will jump the same distance at a certain angle from the target and dealing the same damage to the final zone. The caster comes back to normal in the final zone.
    Thunder - Shoots an electric fence at the targeted point that remains there for 30 seconds. Units can't pass through the fence and they take damage when near the fence. The spell has low cooldown and can be spammed :D
    good luck!
    *Casts Elemental Bolt on the ground and jumps down the drain*

13. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    +rep... THANKS!!!!

14. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    I AM DONE WITH THE FIRE SPELLS.. ALL THAT I NEED IDEAS ON NOW ARE A NEW CATEGORY. ICE!!!

Feed me with ideas

15. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lets participate.

1. Glacial Storm. (Toggleable Ability)
    Surrounds the caster with a storm of ice, dealing damage to nearby enemy units and slowing their movement speed and attack speed.

While turned off, every 3rd consecutive basic attack of the caster stuns the target.

2. Shard of True Ice. (Active Ability) (@LoL players: I miss that item)
    Hurls a shard of ice to the target location. When it collides with an enemy unit, it deals damage in an area of effect and freezing the ground.
    Units on the ice will slide over it.

3. Frostbite. (Passive Ability)
    Dealing ice damage will leave frostbite on the target.
    Frostbite deals damage over time and can stack up.

4. Freeze. (Active Ability)
    Freezes the target solid, making it unable to move, cast spells or attack.
    When the target takes damage, the ice breaks.

5. Iceberg. (Active Ability)
    Creates a wall of ice at the target location, making foot units unable to walk through.

That's it for now.

16. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Freeze Blood: Target unit is slowed and takes continuous damage. On death, explodes in a Frost Nova.

Icewall: Creates a wall of ice perpendicular to the caster's facing. Wall has Frost Armor and can be attacked.

Serac: Shards of ice erupt from the ground in a straight line, slowing and damaging enemy units.

Snowblind: Causes a snowstorm in the target area, reducing accuracy for all enemies inside the area.

Snowdrift: All units in the target area are unable to move but can still attack.

Icicle Fall: (Channeling) Sprays icicles from behind the caster.

17. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those were some some real good idea!!!! Now It's time for me to distribute the prizes..

1st. Cleaving hammer!!!!
    2nd. Alpheraz Lucent !!!!
    3rd. Wietol!!!

Congratz!!! More ideas more medals... :p

All other participants get 1 rep and respect with honor...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  18. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Do you also need a spell idea to spell my name?

19. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh!!! Spelled it wrong... :0..

Sorry I will correct it... Actually i dont know what wietol means

20. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is my name... it means me ;)