• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wartimes : Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Wartimes : Rebirth is an AoS map, but it is unique in its own style. You first start with a novice, then, after reaching level 20 ( hi xp rate and max lvl is 170 ), you can change to 4 jobs : Miner, Warrior, Archer, Rider *more to come*. You can do stuff like in real life : fight in the coliseum for money and xp, do job quests
and buy a house( why would you do that >.> ? )
Miner :
This is the money maker class, every 20 secs it gets a little bit of gold, this class doesnt have good attack or defense, neither those it have high mana or powerful skills like the other classes, but it gets the CHEAPEST upgrades in the whole game. At lvl 50 *50 lvls earlier then other jobs*, it can change into Miner Corps or Blacksmith.
STR 8+1
AGI 8+1
INT 1+1
Miner Corps :
The best money maker in the whole game, gains twice as much gold as the Miner, and able to access the Miner Class Shop, where rare books can be bought, upgrading characters stats by huge amounts but really expensive.
STR 12+2.3
AGI 12+2.1
INT 5+1.6
Blacksmith :
This guy makes the best items out there, the Eternity Set (6 equips) which each grant a 150 stat bonus and various other bonuses. To craft the Eternity Set, needs to have no item in inventory and approximatively 100 000 gold. Loses a little bit of its item gain skill.
STR 20+4.9
AGI 8+2
INT 5+2
Warrior :
These guys are ALL about str, for starters, the most versatile job ( high attack, good defense, high hp regen = the ultimate fighter ). Later on, at lvl 100, can turn into Gladiator or Spearman
STR 30+5
AGI 1+1
INT 1+1
Gladiator :
The final form of our ultimate fighter, this guy can take on anything without any worries =P...well maybe except for a high lvl Blacksmith with Eternity Set lol.
STR 50+20
AGI 10+10
INT 10+10
Spearman :
The defensive side of our warrior, the spearman, instead of being able to take
on anything, can tank almost anything but lacks the attack power of the gladiator.
STR 20+10
AGI 50+20
INT 10+5
Well thats all for classes, because i'll realease the 2 other jobs on the next version of Wartimes haha....well i'll tell u a LIL about the two last, archer are the stealthy assassins and animal friends, rider are the AoE masters. Now more about the map :
-Consists of 3 lanes, in central lane, cavalery unit mean the main offense line.
On the other lanes, theres an outpost for each team which gives extra unit
spawns, so dont let it be destroyed ^^, archer and spearman spawn there.
-Coliseum : basically, you enter a building ( the coliseum ) and then you
choose monster lvl *novice,easy,normal,hard,chaotic,end gamer*
-Quests : in the town, there are ppl who got quests for you, do it and get
good stat books our badass items that will help you make lvlin a joke.
-House thingy : well, u buy like a farm, and inside, u can get *SECRET*, farm
costs 50 000 n the secret cost 100 000, i know it costs way more then
Eternity Set but ill tell ya, its worth it.
Ok know that im done with that, i need someone to help me with the coliseum system and for a few skills and triggers and tell me your thoughts about the map ^^.

Level 4
You just can't make enough spells/abilities for 170 levels.

Btw thats stupid idea.

Aos + RPG = Save system?

Or do players play looong time, but how many will play loong time?

I think this is a bad idea.

Well, i said its kinda high lvlin plus ill include cheap lvl books and you just gotta do it like in hero line war skills, put very high lvls for skills and stuff and it might just work.

Level 11
You just can't make enough spells/abilities for 170 levels.

Btw thats stupid idea.

Aos + RPG = Save system?

Or do players play looong time, but how many will play loong time?

I think this is a bad idea.

Since when does an RPG mean saving? also this sounds as long as a loap game would normally be, imo 2 hours at most?

My friend once made an RPG\AoS, everyone who played it liked it, as its current condition, it has no quests, but he planned to implement it, it can work, all in all, it sounds like it would be plenty possible, but take awhile...

I personally think it is a great idea, but you'd have to be ready to do a LOT of work it sounds like, good luck whatever you choose!

Level 4
I think i will reduce the lvls greatly but the exp rates are still high. Its kinda like real life, theres war in the land and you can make a living by going to war or work around town. The first to lose 20 lives, because when the soldiers will enter the enemy town, they make the opposing side lose 1 life per unit. When heros enter, they make them lose but theyre side gets 1 life. Also, the town has 2 layer, first is kinda like a military area, with defense towers and everything, but you guys cant really enter the enemy "town".
I'll remove the coliseum system and the house system, rider becomes mage.
Lvl : 50
XP RATE : High Rate
Many Shops : Level Books, Stat Books, Weapon Shop, Armor Shop, Ring Shop and Potion Shop.
No quest, each wave of soldiers get stronger and stronger, ex : lvl 1 are easy to kill but lvl 50 *the max lvl of monster* are super powerful so dont stall.

Level 2
Mmm.. just sounds like a normal AoS now, with really high leveling rates and job changing.

By the way, you should edit your first post if your going to remove those things. :piru:

Level 4
Thats just for the moment, ill add more things when i'll finish the most important things for the map.

Level 11
add bold text, and maybe colors, and double spaced paragraphs so it's a bit easier to read please.

so will spawns be slower than most main stream AoS's because it'd be a bit hard to get around constant spawns tryong to bash your brains in, while trying to do quests.

Level 4
Good idea, if a hero takes a quest, the spawns could be slowered. There are different quests for the two factions, but same job quests. Quests are done around "dungeons" like you see a small cave, don't ignore it! try to enter it and find yourself in a cavern full of snakes and such..

Status
Not open for further replies.