• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Legion TD like map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This idea just randomly came to me, I was thinking a map featuring a system used in Legion TD(Download the editor's verion here), but with a custom twist, make the map single player to full house, with tower units being heroes (xp and level saved and transfered to the next round/upgrades), making towers slightly more difficult to mass and each race complimenting eachother in some way. Another good idea would be to have races that degrade the effectiveness of other races somehow as well, giving a strategic influence on some races, so not everyone can spam one race and make a successful team with it.

As the number of players increases, the difficulty (health, damage, armor, speed, abilities, etc) of creeps should increase to preserve a "balanced" ratio among player (composite) strength and creep capability.

This is just an idea however, it can be taken or left, I currently lack any reasonable free time as I spend more time at work then at home (which is rather unfortunate), if it still remains to be picked up on in the coming future and my situation of free time has changed, I very well may execute the idea myself.

Happy modding.

Last edited:
Level 7
Well not necessarily, the idea is to kind of perserve the "Outlast the other team" idea of legion td, just make towers a little harder to come by but fighters to where they scale up so later levels one tower/fighter won't get mowed over before the wave even starts.

Last edited:
Level 2
I've recently resumed work on a similar project of mine.

What I do is:
- try to make early game towers not redundant in later stages
- make the builder a hero with spells to interact in the fight
- make opposing players fight each other every few rounds (no creeps just armies get copied into some arena with correct positioning)
- make waves more divers by giving abilities

I'm not sure about using the worker & wood system like in legion td or if I make creeps sendable for gold that directly increase income.

Also I'm not sure if I keep the king. I dislike that he keeps games unnaturally long even if they are already decided. Early leak loses the game due to lack of money but early creeps can't scratch the king.
And I'm still thinking about ways to prevent such early snowball wins. Maybe I'll decrease money from kills and increase regular gold for the round. Not sure yet.

Oh and if someone happens to read this, suggestions are welcome :D Even on problems I haven't discovered yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.