• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creative Hero abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I was wondering what are some innovative types of hero abilities, for instance something I've managed to conceive was turning the "spellbook" item ability into a hero ability which gives you one extra passive skill for every level, for instance at level 1 it gives you an attribute bonus, at level 2 it gives you a 10% chance to evade, at level 3 it reduces all damage by 5...

Another custom spell idea I've managed to conceive was a anti-spell field, this is done by having a dummy unit with the hero inventory ability and giving it a rune which causes it to channel a modified "cloud" ability onto the area surrounding it, so that enemy units in this range cannot use magic, this can also be modified to make units attack and move slower within this range, or disable melee or ranged attacks in this range...

Anyway I would like to hear about similar creative ability some of you may have developed...

Level 12
I will give a try....
Stormflux(lunch a wave that makes the enemy units striked confused and to attack each others for a certain time)
Terminus (in a targeted area , your hero can teleport anywhere and strike the enemy units from it with high speed)
Reflux(a passive ability , when someone strike your hero with a spell, your hero redirect 10/20/30% of that spell back)
Change of hearth(transforms your hero into a selected enemy unit and the enemy will threat you as a friendly unit for a certain time)

Level 5
I would personally suggest a buff skill with a high stat multiplier, followed by a debuff which reduces a stat by percentage as a side-effect buff, to balance with the high stat multiplier.

EXAMPLE:
- Hero casts a skill.
- Hero got a 50% extra damage multiplier for 20 seconds.
- 20 second passed, the buff is now timed out, then comes the debuff, which reduces the attack by 25% and lasts for 10 seconds.
- 10 seconds passed and the debuff is timed out.

Just my two cents.

Level 6
I build 2 spells it was fun to play with,
the first is "Teamspirit" if your hero surrounded by X allys he becomes after Y sec. invisible. He becomes visible when he attacks, cast a spell or the allies leaves the range.
the second is "Antiblink-Aura" when activ the Hero stops blinking enemies, or sometimes allies;) in range, damage and stuns the blinking unit. This is nice because it damage the blinking unit, if he is in range by casting the spell or the point the spell is cast is in range or the hero is between the two points and the line is crossing the rangecircle, then the blinking unit is moved to the hero.
I think these are creative.

Level 8
Well, I like to help you with a strange idea. I found out an ability for you. It called Shifting, your unit may able to replace itself/himself/herself with an another unit in order to flee or dodge an attack. Even it/he/she able to lure an enemy to your melee units. (sorry, if this ability is weak and useless for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.