• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating Director's Cut Map Making Team! Need Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Heroslayer, please contact me once you can. I am looking forward to working with you. I can really use a doodad maker.

Level 5
sverkerman said:
we are actually recruiting an additional terrainer.

How long have you been playing Warcraft 3?

I've been playing WC3 for around 4 years by now. Slightly different times however.

Which position within the project would you like to cover?

I'd like to cover a terrainer slot.

How long have you been doing "your thing"?

I don't really know. About 2-3 months I guess. Before that I played a lot of SotDRP.

Which previous projects have you been a part of?

I was a fill-in terrainer at Bosses of Warcraft and did the terrain at version 0.58. I've also been having a few projects on my own, but they died or froze.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/risk.frishers/albums/

What was your role within these?

At Bosses of Warcraft 0.58 I worked temporarily as a terrainer. In Druids of Azhara I did almost everything but half the coding myself.

Do you have skype?

Yes, I think we both know that, hehe.

Do you have a mic?

Yes. I recently put my hands on one.

How old are you?

I'm 15 years old.

Tell me a little bit about yourself?

I'd rather not spread my lifestory on Hiveworkshop, and since you know quite a lot about me, I'd respect if you don't make me do it. Incase you find it important, please tell me, and I'll do it.

Why would you like to join this project?

I'm tired of working alone on projects, and would like to be in a group working on a project, which would make it faster, less work, and many more ideas!

Why would I prefer hiring you instead of someone else?

I hope that the other words in the application can describe that. I don't like repeating myself, and this is becoming an awful lot of text.

Do you have access to a fully working version of Newgen?

Yes, matter of fact I do.

What country are you from?

Originally, I'm from Sweden. But I recently moved to Hong Kong.

Which days and hours are you available?

For the moment I tend to go to bed after six in the morning, and then awake slight before dinner. In Swedish time I'd go to bed around 23.00 and awake later on around 12.00

Anything else which you would like to mention?

Not really.

Sincerely, Fredrik.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Risk.frishers your application has been declined.

Your terraining skills are not even close to our standards.

Also the version in which you helped out with terraining in the Bosses of Warcraft project was never released.

Level 12
Honestly, i cant remember it exactly. probably 5-6 years.
2D Artist
Since last year. Around October.
I'm just helping to do Photoshop-related stuffs. And most of the time, i volunteered. As a result, technically I'm not IN any project's team. Probably just in the credits ( if the project maker appreciate my help, i think )
2D artist
Do you have skype?
I have the program, but my mom used it only to contact with my brother which is studying abroad. I don't have an account, but I can create one. The reason I don't have one is because it's not exactly a popular program here. well, at least not for me and my friends.
Do you have a mic?
It comes within the webcam. But not very high quality.
How old are you?
16 years old.
Not really sure what to say. Ask me if you have the questions, but i hope it's not too private. lol
I've thought of joining a modding group but not sure where to start. Hope it is here.
I'm actually asking myself the same question..
Yes, but I've stopped operating it for quite a while. mainly because i'm still not good at triggering (mostly Jass) and i lack the enthusiasm to learn it.
Malaysia
It's pretty random actually. mostly afternoons and nights. I'm still a student so there will be schools during mornings, and I'm in a concert band ( school co-curriculum) so it have quite a number of practices, mainly Saturdays. It depends. If there is an upcoming event, we'll need to practice more days.
The custom UI list sig is made last year. And i'm still lazy to remake it. Don't be bothered by it. D:

Level 24
Yay AL0NE is more epic then Malygos! :) Maybe a litle overselling but AL0NE knows what he's doing and I think he would fit well in the team.

Level 12
Well Sverkerman, you do know me, and I do know you, and I see that you already have 3 coders, but if you for some reason needs another then I'll be there. By the way I also got Skype now, so I will fill out the application form.

I have been playing warcraft for 6 years

Coding.

I have been coding Jass/vJass for 3 years and I can do most possible stuff.
I have been apart of several projects, mostly RPG maps which because of the main creator, haven't been released. I think we talked about my projects and such.

Coding and some of them, terraning also.

Yes I do have skype.

Yes I do have a mic.

I'm 16.

Well I usualy play football but I also think that Warcraft 3 is really interresting and I would be sad if the game 'died'. I do also play DotA which many of the hivers doesn't like though.

Because I know you are a very good project developer, I spotted that the first time I saw your thread about Truevision RPG.

Because I got alot of time during weekends and I'm on most of the time everyday 20:00-23:00.

Yes I do have access to a full working Jass New Gen Pack.
I'm from Denmark, neighboor!

I'm avaiable mostly weekends, but also everyday from the time range 20:00-23:00 and also 16:00-19:00 sometimes.

Yes I would like to mention that you should consider hiring me as I'm a reliable editor and I will do my job.
Thanks for your time!

Sverkerman

Level 17
I have not yet been able to speak with AL0NE on skype and thus not accepted him to the team. The application accept means that I am interested in speaking with the applyer via skype, not that the applyer is a part of Silentworm Entertainment.

Level 24
Oh I really hope voice actors will come to use I love when you actully hear voices instead of reading texts it makes everything seem so much more real ^^

Level 21
Since around 2003

I can do nearly everything from terrainer to triggerer or JASS maker, it is your decision, but I am best at creating spells.

Since I started playing Wc3, the editor always fascinated me, I even mapped before on age of empires

Well, Ive won a 3rd place award by working together with one of the best terrainers FamousPker49 (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/ice-forge-v0-05-a-109188/), I have done several single projects which are in my resources on Hiveworkshop, a few Maps (like Boss Fight Maps, AoS maps, Dungeon Crawler Map (Ice Forge mentioned above), several C++ Programming Projects (I am a computer scientist assistant capable of c++ and some other programming languages). Of course there are even the projects I did in my Mappers4Life clan time, but sadly that clan site is down and with it the team... so yeah...

Mostly spell maker, terrainer or idea creator/leader.

Do you have skype?
Yes

Do you have a mic?
Yes

How old are you?

My real life name is fabian saam, I am a german computer scientist assistant, I love to create things from scratch and using my creative abilities, I play sometimes Dungeons and Dragons with friends.

Because I think that it is time to bring more professionalism into my mapping, I mapped for such a long time in Warcraft 3, I want to evolve, and your offerings sound interesting and give me a chance to do something more.

Well, 8 years of experience, programming experience, vJASS experience, debugging experience, project experience worth of 10 years, terraining experience, game design experience and a friendly mindset would be some good arguments I hope.

Well, yeah, why would that be a problem?

Germany, but I write fluent english as you can read.

Well, currently I am nearly always available, currently I am searching for a advanced scholarship as programmer.

Just that your idea of creating this team is really cool and could give this wonderful community a big helping hand by developing something meaningful.

Last edited:
Level 7
This isn't an issue:
Not to sound rude or anything; but why so many members? I mean you've got like what 13 people now? That means a map has to be traded around 13 times(or at least 6-7 for only coders/object editors/terrainers) before everyone has even seen it. Well what happens when one person edits/ makes a change; do the others have to wait for that person to make the change then relay it to the next person?

I just can't imagine a fair system that'd split a map between so many people-- at least terrainers and object editors will have issues since those 2 cannot be done at the same time unless the object editors know lua(so the object editors can edit while the terrain is made); which I don't think you specified as a request/skill.Good teammates are great; but too many means that the map will have issues with relaying the newest version of the map.

This might be an issue:
And aren't you paying these people?(I thought it said that in the first post); So payment can be an even more confusing principle; do people who script get paid as much as people who terrain or object edit etc?

Just saying you should relay these sorta questions to the team and discuss em at least. I'd hate to see a great team go to waste because they can't hold the project together.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yeah, i forgot about that feature of JNGP; but theres still the issue that terrain can't be copied (destructable heights can't be copied). I know for a fact there is at least that issue so some coordination between all the terrainers will be necessary. Unless merge files fixes this; I haven't had any experience with that "merge files" feature.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
The amount of people is not a problem. We will mostly create campaigns since they enable several terrainers to work at the same time.

Coders are atm working with our main systems which will be imported to each map that the campaign contains.

Money will be split equally and payed via paypal.

Level 7
Sry. Thought applications were mainly for just the people who did the editing.

Here it is:

7 years on/off i stopped for a year i think once

Beta Tester

Been mapping for like 7 years now or more.

Several things over the years. Got a habit of not wanting to release anything unless its really worthwhile though.

Been mapping for like 7 years now or more. Using vJass for at least 3-4 years. I also know a few other things like modeling etc.

Do you have skype?
Yes; Switch33

Do you have a mic?
My laptop has a webcam mic

How old are you?
20 soon to be 21

I am a college student studying marketing and probably going to apply for a job/internship this spring or summer. I'm free most of the time besides that except for certain occasions for college.

I'm usually available for testing. I've been around wc3 long enough that I know most of it.

Are such qualifications even required? This is a beta tester position. Well anyways; I've beta tested before for certain maps of friends tons of times. I can give constructive criticism and can tell bugs/balance issues. I also edit maps a lot so I can pin point where some bugs in a map may lie even from just testing.

Yes

US

Weekends usually i'm free. I keep skype up like 24/7 even when i'm not there. So i can usually meet an time or plan ahead as long as i'm given some ahead notice.

Shouldn't there be a shorter application for beta tester? lol. . .
I think i'm currently banned from USEast at least until this weekend or so (Stupid diablo 2 has an issue with banning people for joining/leaving games too fast.) So you can freeze my application at least until monday if you want it's whatever.

Level 7
You'd think that'd be the case Catch_ya; but it's not. Bans with Diablo 2 get perpetually longer and longer the more you do what your getting banned for like joining games too fast with a maximum of 2 weeks. I've checked multiple occasions and I think i'm probably at least banned until the end of this weekend or so. I consistently get: You appear to be IP banned. Error! 10054
when checking the bnet diagnostic tool(http://win32.lordaeron.org/BnetDiagTool.html).

It could maybe also be some other strange error that i'm getting from reseting my router or something but that doesn't make much sense either.

This is the best bet at what happened to my restriction explain'd: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=13771067124&sid=3000

I somehow got in the unlucky situation of being banned for like 2 weeks for pretty much nothing.

Last edited:
Level 14
We are still looking for:

• Environmental Terrainers,
  • 3D Artists,
  • 2D Artists (Skiners)

Our current project is a Single Player RPG with a Turn Based Combat System.

Application formula here.

Level 24
Really because I would like if this game was like Dragon Age where you can solve problems with either fighting or talking and people have descision about what they should say next so that it would not only be battle after battle after endless battle mixed with some farming for proffesions. And since that would be fun not only because of the fact that you got to use your brain and not just your sword, but also because of the fact that it would be a perfect way to build up your personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.