• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #6 - Tribal Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
generic tribal female warrior
fallout world, somewhere in the former amazonian forest:
an amerindian chick in a scavenged power armor (e:)fucking junkyard mecha decorated with bone figurines and tribal designs leads her fathers tribe in an incursion to the domain of the chupa-cabra, seeking trophies and glory

Precisely. A theme which would more 'not than often' describe a tribal princess would be less...generic.

Precisely. Your issue is with the theme, not the concept which was drawn. We settled a long time ago to agree that the theme sucked ass, but it's not going to change, so people's entries being too generic is not their fault, and we'll have to deal with that.

As for the concept, it represents the theme pretty well, not much I can say bad about it.

You don't seem to understand :/ I'm not judging the concept, nor the class (ie. I'm not talking about the tribal princess), I'm stating that the Amazon theme is not really creative, regardless of how fitting it is to the contest theme.

I'm not talking about concept, design, ANY of that shit (and you seem to think I am addressing 67chrome's WIP specifically). All I wanted to say was the Amazon theme was generic.

EDIT:
@TLI-Inferno: No. Let me clarrify; contest theme = tribal princess. 67chrome's suggested theme = Amazon. I was talking about the latter. Again, I am simply stating the Amazon theme is not very creative in this contest.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Precisely. Your issue is with the theme, not the concept which was drawn. We settled a long time ago to agree that the theme sucked ass, but it's not going to change, so people's entries being too generic is not their fault, and we'll have to deal with that.

As for the concept, it represents the theme pretty well, not much I can say bad about it.

It damn well is their fault if their designs are generic. However, it is expected that their concepts are generic enough. The latter applies to all contests regardless of how specific the theme is.

If you give people a generic theme which doesn't leave much room for deviation, you can hardly blame them for their art being similar to an already existing concept. Especially when your entire theme is an already existing and well-defined concept. It would be pretty odd to have a tribal princess contest without a single amazon, which represents the theme pretty well.

Level 10
Well, here is what I have so far. Searching around Google for inspiration has led me to believe that Amazons fit the bill for tribal princess relatively well, so that at least solves her general shape. Still not sure if I want to make her some obscure race because the rules allow it.

67chromeconceptcontest0.jpg

The only thing I see odd about the Amazon idea is that Amazon women look much less like this:

amazon%2Bwarrior%2Bwomen%2Bwith%2Bbow%2Barrow%2Barmor.jpg

And much more like this:

strong_muscular_women_sw201.jpg

So far, that Amazon concept has muscles that don't look entirely warrior-like, but I suppose that could be a style decision.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If you give people a generic theme which doesn't leave much room for deviation, you can hardly blame them for their art being similar to an already existing concept. Especially when your entire theme is an already existing and well-defined concept. It would be pretty odd to have a tribal princess contest without a single amazon, which represents the theme pretty well.
This theme leaves a VAST span of variation, just because it doesn't allow you to paint a cup or a horse or a human or a planet or a car, all at the same time, does not mean you have no room to be creative. It is a well-defined concept because otherwise no one would have any fucking clue what to actually do. Yes, it would be odd if there were no princesses too. Still doesn't mean the design has to be generic. Look, you don't understand what this is all about at all, so just go away. Constantly trying to give people the impression all tribal princesses are exactly the same will not change anything here. Either participate, or go somewhere else.

All the the concept art needs, according to the theme, is:
- A female person (of any race, species, form, shape or weight).
- Something (anything) to show her position of power.
- Something (anything) to show she is part of a tribe (of any kind).
How does that in any way stop you from being creative? If entries aren't creative, it's the contestants who are to blame, not the theme.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Looking fancy, Stanakin. And those are some delicious thumbnails, ike. Me gusta. Wimbo, it's not like participating and not winning is going to kill you, why don't you give it a try? If only just for the feedback and practise.

All the the concept art needs, according to the theme, is:
- A female person (of any race, species, form, shape or weight).
- Something (anything) to show her position of power.
- Something (anything) to show she is part of a tribe (of any kind).
How does that in any way stop you from being creative? If entries aren't creative, it's the contestants who are to blame, not the theme.

Exactly!

Level 17
Okay second WiP, im going with the full dress instead of a 2 peice. And i have neck jewelry in this one. No hair or facial features yet because i havnt decided what hair i want and this is still too small to have reason to draw a face

Attachments

• TribalPrincess_WiP2_IA.JPG
    TribalPrincess_WiP2_IA.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 227

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Trace a model, (one of those petite lip-biting ones) show some cleavage, giver her rapeface, spread the legs a little, be a famous user, and that is the secret to winning this. All you need to know. Oh, and skinny. Show bare midriff. And bikinis.
Why trace?

Level 22
I dont have the program or the hardware to do it on the computer. And i feel more in control when i use my pencil and paper :)

For some reason... I am 100% incompetent when it comes to computer art... But I'm extremely good with a pencil lol.
On an on-topic note, the posturing of yours looks a little strange because of her arms, they appear to be stretched at the shoulder a bit too much, an unnatural arc if you follow me.

Level 17
I need to be able to see the picture come to form under my graphite. I like to be able to grab a higher grade pencil to sketch it out, then use the lower ones to make the form, then back to higher to shade good. I even use those stensils to help shade, and i have those awesome erasers you can pull apart to clean.

Level 22
I need to be able to see the picture come to form under my graphite. I like to be able to grab a higher grade pencil to sketch it out, then use the lower ones to make the form, then back to higher to shade good. I even use those stensils to help shade, and i have those awesome erasers you can pull apart to clean.

Charcoal is also a nice option...

Is that... a Draenei?

Looks like a creature of Lizard/Fish descent to me. The feet are not Draenei, at least I don't think they are...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Does it have to be anything you guys are guessing or potentially could guess? No. It doesn't have to be any particular race or species at all. So let's not make a guessing competition out of this.

Level 11
I might enter this. Just started sketching this out, new to tablet drawing so this should be a good way to improve those skills. Gonna go for a primal-ish elf ranger princess. Not sure on the pose yet, but for the concept part thats not really important yet.

EDIT: Another sketch for coming up with the armor and such.

Attachments

• elfwoman.jpg
    elfwoman.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 310
  • elf2.jpg
    elf2.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 1,475
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.