• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Comic Contest #2 - Recessions are FUNNY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
MoneyToBurn.png

Comic Contest #2 - When unemployed...make a comic!

Theme & Style
Style: Hand drawn either digitally, or physically, with any medium, program, or method. So long as it is scratch made.

Theme: The soul crushing, tear bringing, nerve wracking, sorrow filled, utterly devastating, destitutous, makes you want to suicide by choking on your last penny economic Crisis. Make it funny!

Contest Rules & Conditions

All entries must follow The Hive Workshop's rules, if a rule is broken by the content in your comic you will be disqualified.

Everything must be hand drawn. Screenshots and/or Copy and Paste from any other games will not be accepted.

Your work must be original.

No submissions started before the contests start date will be accepted.

The storyline does not have to follow that of a situation that's actually happened during this economic crisis. But if you wish you may.

Your comic must have a suitable amount of frames. 1-10

Contest Awards

First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon made by Elenai (me)
Second Place: 20 reputation points
Third Place: 10 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judging Criteria:

The winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contest Dates And Deadline

The contest shall begin on March (29) 2009 and conclude on [rainbow]April (29), 2009 12:00 AM
[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
Level 26
liek i tried 2 colur it but my paint died. Kinda a vague link to the theme, with much emphasis placed on line variation, colour balance and contrast.

lolwut.jpg

If you're not going to take this seriously then don't even bother.
its hard to make this funny when it's such a serious crisis.

Bah. humour r not srs.

Devine, your little spot is off centre, by the way.

Level 5
Heres mine!

comicrecession.jpg

(sorry for the gray. When i tried to put colors in on my computer...it uh...only made gray and black. I dunno why. So i just rolled with it.)

I handrew it on paper first, scanned it on the comp, and (failed) coloring it on Paint.

P.S. I put some easter eggs in there. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.