1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Combat Zone 3.7

Submitted by N-a-z-g-u-l
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is just a fix (at least I think so, maybe i changed some things in all that time) for Combat Zone to work with patch 1.24.

I hope this gets approved. I dont want to overwrite the other map on the Hive, as some people are still using the old version of Warcraft.

Heres the old description.

Combat Zone is some kind of Battlefield for Warcraft III. It has a very good, almost lagg-free physic engine, and uses only arrow keys and hotkeys. The physics contain knockback, acceleration, sliding, ground friction, air friction, uplift, gravity, collision damage and bouncing. An AI is included, for Aiming Rockets and for extra AI bots which can be added ingame (-addbot 0 will make a bot follow player 0, red). The map uses Warcraft only for hotkeys and for placing the models, movement and so on is completely scripted and optimized as much as possible. Currently the map is some kind of demonstration, not a real map, it has no victory conditions, but makes fun nontheless. There are different vehicles like planes (Me 109, F22, A10, B17, B2 Stealth, MIG-29), helicopters (Cobra, Orca), ground vehicles (Hellhound, Hammerhead, Tank, MLRS, Jeep, Titan) with all different characteristics. Want to fly into the enemy with your plane and use your ejector seat milliseconds before impact and then open your parachute? Or unleash the force of a nuclear bomb? Nail your enemies with Machine Guns? Start a futuristic war with Plasma and Photon Guns? Burn your opponent with a Flame Thrower? Use a Smoke Grenade and overrun him? Teleport next to him? Evade his missiles with missile flares and then chase him to death between large city buildings with a jet? Be creative.

And still, the map has very small delay, compared to the average delay in maps using arrow keys.

VERY much thanks to all creators of models I used, this map without imports wouldn't be what it is now. I hope the way I gave credit to modelers on the loading screen is enough.

Have fun with it, and give feedback to me!

This map is unprotected, for everyone who want to take a look at the engine. If you want to create a mod, notify me.
Contents

Combat Zone 3.7 (Map)

Reviews
09:47, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 09:47, 7th Aug 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks! We love this game.

3. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't run it on 1.24 patch :cry:

4. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map Size:0x0
    Playable Map Size:0x0

???

5. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Don't know what's wrong here... I changed the map a bit and reuploaded it, but the information is still wrong.

However, downloaded it, and at least for me, it worked with 1.24.

6. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Finally it's updated for 1.24.

7. aaron

aaron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    *gonna test*

8. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  9. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    looks cool :)

did you make the map massive or the speeds tiny?

10. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Actually both. ^^ But the main limitation wasn't the map's ground area, it was the map's height. Warcraft does not allow the camera to raise higher than some given value, so I was forced to limit the fly height of planes there (like in CZ). But in a Flight Simulator this restriction is truly annoying. The planes are very tiny, speeds are proportional to their size. The only problem then is, that warcraft's camera does not display units very close to it. The distance to the plane in the video actually is the minimum distance of 100 wc3-units. 1 wc3-unit is 0.8 meters by the way, in this scale. Ground texture is a bit unclean then. But I decided to do it this way, because it is meant as a Flight Simulator and is not about ground units. (Camera sucks near the ground, too, I added a little script which takes care of the height over the terrain, so the terrain does not flicker or become invisible suddenly when you come to close, could still be okay for just takeoff and landing, which will require all your attention anyways^^)

EDIT: wrong... that was about flight simulator ^^ the scales arent that extreme in combat zone

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  11. Xecutor724

Xecutor724

Resources:
    Resources:
    i found a glitch
    you can wall climb......
    you just hug a wall and spamm jump........

{EDIT}
    another glitch is when you make a land vehicle go on a jump pad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  12. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't think that one's a glitch, and don't double post.

13. Xecutor724

Xecutor724

Resources:
    Resources:
    srry............... and there are a ton of glitches but i had a strange glitch where i end up being a vehicle with marine actions and stuff........ and another where i end up spectator and i had to spam random keys to respawn and i respawn at the person im viewing....... and about the land vehicle on the jump pad, what i meant was that i got stuck floatin in the air and when i went out of it i went into that spectator mode glitch thing.... i really think this map needs to be tested but overall i say its 100/5 just fix the bugs and add a few things and it is 1000000000/5 XD

14. hookah

hookah

Resources:
    Resources:
    jump pads cause player desync.
    also leaving vehicle yust before it blows up makes u dont respawn. (could be fixed with respawn command..)
    also leaving vehicle at 0 mana and entering it after it makes vehicle recharge its mana...
    (I was trying to continue this map, but RL came it and I bored making new terrain)

15. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    wall climbing and jumpers are actually meant to work this way. Not that bug stucking in the air and not respawning, well... thats right

16. Xecutor724

Xecutor724

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its kind of sad....... This is a very good map maybe the best third person shooter in wc3 and ive seen a lot of people begging me to host it when i host other first person games and when i do host it no one joins.........

17. scorre

scorre

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have found three bugs. The first you can use your charachter to JUMP up on every doodad. just move to it and spam the jump spell. The second. If you jumps into a aeroplane or helicopter and press V twice you are in the vechicle but you have 0% control of it. The Third Some invisible "wall in the air. Dont know why.

But i like the map have seen the versions before without two of the bugs. the first bug is old. 5/5

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  18. Xecutor724

Xecutor724

Resources:
    Resources:
    I already said the first bug...... and apparently it isnt a bug.

19. oskar94

oskar94

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finaly a new verision of this mapp!! 4/5