• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combat Zone 3.7

This is just a fix (at least I think so, maybe i changed some things in all that time) for Combat Zone to work with patch 1.24.

I hope this gets approved. I dont want to overwrite the other map on the Hive, as some people are still using the old version of Warcraft.

Heres the old description.

Combat Zone is some kind of Battlefield for Warcraft III. It has a very good, almost lagg-free physic engine, and uses only arrow keys and hotkeys. The physics contain knockback, acceleration, sliding, ground friction, air friction, uplift, gravity, collision damage and bouncing. An AI is included, for Aiming Rockets and for extra AI bots which can be added ingame (-addbot 0 will make a bot follow player 0, red). The map uses Warcraft only for hotkeys and for placing the models, movement and so on is completely scripted and optimized as much as possible. Currently the map is some kind of demonstration, not a real map, it has no victory conditions, but makes fun nontheless. There are different vehicles like planes (Me 109, F22, A10, B17, B2 Stealth, MIG-29), helicopters (Cobra, Orca), ground vehicles (Hellhound, Hammerhead, Tank, MLRS, Jeep, Titan) with all different characteristics. Want to fly into the enemy with your plane and use your ejector seat milliseconds before impact and then open your parachute? Or unleash the force of a nuclear bomb? Nail your enemies with Machine Guns? Start a futuristic war with Plasma and Photon Guns? Burn your opponent with a Flame Thrower? Use a Smoke Grenade and overrun him? Teleport next to him? Evade his missiles with missile flares and then chase him to death between large city buildings with a jet? Be creative.

And still, the map has very small delay, compared to the average delay in maps using arrow keys.

VERY much thanks to all creators of models I used, this map without imports wouldn't be what it is now. I hope the way I gave credit to modelers on the loading screen is enough.

Have fun with it, and give feedback to me!

This map is unprotected, for everyone who want to take a look at the engine. If you want to create a mod, notify me.
Contents

Combat Zone 3.7 (Map)

Reviews
09:47, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 10
Actually both. ^^ But the main limitation wasn't the map's ground area, it was the map's height. Warcraft does not allow the camera to raise higher than some given value, so I was forced to limit the fly height of planes there (like in CZ). But in a Flight Simulator this restriction is truly annoying. The planes are very tiny, speeds are proportional to their size. The only problem then is, that warcraft's camera does not display units very close to it. The distance to the plane in the video actually is the minimum distance of 100 wc3-units. 1 wc3-unit is 0.8 meters by the way, in this scale. Ground texture is a bit unclean then. But I decided to do it this way, because it is meant as a Flight Simulator and is not about ground units. (Camera sucks near the ground, too, I added a little script which takes care of the height over the terrain, so the terrain does not flicker or become invisible suddenly when you come to close, could still be okay for just takeoff and landing, which will require all your attention anyways^^)

EDIT: wrong... that was about flight simulator ^^ the scales arent that extreme in combat zone

Last edited:
Level 1
i found a glitch
you can wall climb......
you just hug a wall and spamm jump........

{EDIT}
another glitch is when you make a land vehicle go on a jump pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
srry............... and there are a ton of glitches but i had a strange glitch where i end up being a vehicle with marine actions and stuff........ and another where i end up spectator and i had to spam random keys to respawn and i respawn at the person im viewing....... and about the land vehicle on the jump pad, what i meant was that i got stuck floatin in the air and when i went out of it i went into that spectator mode glitch thing.... i really think this map needs to be tested but overall i say its 100/5 just fix the bugs and add a few things and it is 1000000000/5 XD

Level 5
jump pads cause player desync.
also leaving vehicle yust before it blows up makes u dont respawn. (could be fixed with respawn command..)
also leaving vehicle at 0 mana and entering it after it makes vehicle recharge its mana...
(I was trying to continue this map, but RL came it and I bored making new terrain)

Level 1
Its kind of sad....... This is a very good map maybe the best third person shooter in wc3 and ive seen a lot of people begging me to host it when i host other first person games and when i do host it no one joins.........

Level 4
I have found three bugs. The first you can use your charachter to JUMP up on every doodad. just move to it and spam the jump spell. The second. If you jumps into a aeroplane or helicopter and press V twice you are in the vechicle but you have 0% control of it. The Third Some invisible "wall in the air. Dont know why.

But i like the map have seen the versions before without two of the bugs. the first bug is old. 5/5

Last edited:
Level 1
I have found three bugs. The first you can use your charachter to JUMP up on every doodad. just move to it and spam the jump spell. The second. If you jumps into a aeroplane or helicopter and press V twice you are in the vechicle but you have 0% control of it. The Third Some invisible "wall in the air. Dont know why.

But i like the map have seen the versions before without two of the bugs. the first bug is old. 5/5

i found a glitch
you can wall climb......
you just hug a wall and spamm jump........

I already said the first bug...... and apparently it isnt a bug.

Level 5
After a Little bit of experimentation, I think i have some information that may help with the two bugs, the invisible wall, and the jumper desync.
(tested with two players)

The jumper dysync seems to occur when one player uses the jump pad after anouther is in the air. It does not seem to occur with any method other than the jump pad.

The invisible wall seems to occur only when you fly your plane, or otherwise over the buildings, then try to land it far away. I think it is also possible with the marine, but you would have to reduce gravity signifigintly. The wall height seems to be ~1000

The ejection bug where you lose control when trying to eject seems to be tied to the invis wall.

Please keep working on this map.

Level 10
One appear to stay in the ship, jumping out, but not ejecting, camera stays, selection stays... however one loses control of the veicle, this does only happen when in the air tough, otherwise its great that you revived this map

Level 2
Hi. I want to ask two things.
First: How do you use the -Addbot?
Second: Can the bot be something else then plane?

Level 3
Its a nice map but there are some ISSUES:

1- if u enter jumper, everbody crashes from the game...

2- sometimes when you're in the plane you try to go down he gets stucks.

These issues really fuck up the game =\ 3/5

Level 5
We already know about those, If you had read the previous posts, you would know that, and two, this project is discontinued, though it is unprotected, and anyone could try to fix it. I already tried tho, and cant get it to work.

Level 3
this is the map that's i search entire my life...
i love this map very2 much..

please complete this map and dont stop it.. :(
all people on bnet loveeeee it..

if the map has been complete without any bugs..i'm sure this is the best map ever than any kind of map..

people dont like when someone capture the flag then the ticket goes down..
people more more more like it if just ticket goes down by killing..not by captured the flag..
or maybe u can add mode choice..

pleaaseee someone complete it's :(

edit : if this map complete..i'm sure this map can beat DOTA map.. :)

Level 10
edit : if this map complete..i'm sure this map can beat DOTA map.. :)
it can beat any dota map, any time, any where. but i guess it won't get fixed in the closest future... =(
oh and also, this isn't the original map, it wont be added anything new to this, it's only a fix... It's too sad really...

Level 3
can someone fix it..??
pleaseeeee someone complete it..

on my bnet first time just me host it..and now i see 10 hosted this map..
sometimes i see someone hosted this map more than dota map...

maybe someone interesting to continue this map.. :(

Level 5
After using debug messages to track the values of certain values, and finding the cause of several bugs, I managed to fix several of the bugs. This includes the "land in mid air" bug, the machine gun bug, and I think the eject fail bug. I have attached the fixed version here, And would like to be informed if I missed anything.

Edit:The desync bug, I cant fix, though I can reproduce it, because its a Heisenbug. This makes it extremely hard to fix, and I am not sure what to try next.

Edit: I finally Cracked that **** desync! It was caused by refering to ObjId in the jump pad code, which was at that point the object belonging to the local player. Since That changed handle states depending on the envirement height of the local unit, it caused a desync.

Edit: Now I got the railgun to work better, Has a kinda aiming indicator, kinda, fires two projectiles, and can use an ability to turn really fast.

Attachments

• Combat Zone 4.0.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 5
Any suggestion how to do it? It needs to be a model that can look right rotated in any direction, and really needs to be in two parts, The barrel, and the mount, or somthing like that. It works as is, but....

Level 3
the howitzer still buggy..unlimited nuclear grenade..just fire it..then goes out..then ride it again..bang.!!those mana fulled again..:(
add some mode maybe good or disable those flag..so..when someone capture the flag those ticket doesn't goes down..that's make the game going fast to the end..
and that i don't understand..why when 1 team win the battle..it's not automatically out..it's endless??
thx for helping us before..:)

bob666..where are u brother??:goblin_cry:

Level 5
the howitzer still buggy..unlimited nuclear grenade..just fire it..then goes out..then ride it again..bang.!!those mana fulled again..:(
Just fixed that, and any other bug like it.
add some mode maybe good or disable those flag..so..when someone capture the flag those ticket doesn't goes down..that's make the game going fast to the end..
I may add modes in the future, but you are fully capable of ignoring the mission. As for the flags, periodicly, for each flag under 3 each team has, they lose some amount of tickets. also each time a player dies, that team loses 1 ticket. So if you want to win the game, you just want to focus on capturing and holding at least 4 control points.
and that i don't understand..why when 1 team win the battle..it's not automatically out..it's endless??
That is so you can ignore the mission, and dont get rudely kicked out of the game if you dont want to leave. :D

Level 3
yay :D finally a fix of 3.7 :D ive played this game since 3.6 i love it BUT i hated the 1.24c patch or whatever it is called. i made mby 10-15 new vehicles and such wich me and my friends played i loved to sit editing on this map for PERSONAL use. and now i finally got to do it again it fucks up? my WE hates this map some out of nowhere i start getting Errors of things that's right like missing endif on endif ? wtf like it says "missing endif" then the targeted area is Endif and such and then it starts finding errors in a non existing trigger and such?!? and i didn't even edit anything except adding a vehicle that worked 2 mins ago i just forgot to save and Xed.... then i did same again just the same i double checked evrything... i did it many times but each time it sayd error. even if i downloaded a total new one and opened one it sayd about 4000 errors or smthing -.-
EDIT: IN the new ones i did nothing just tryed to run a test, then it came up errors. as said before around 4000+-

any suggestions to what the hell i have to do?

P.S before this shit bugged up i reached to make a helipad a tank a new version of a ability and such all worked i x logged did same on the tank again just added the Integer and the model and added the spells who i did nothing to and POF fucked up -.-

Another edit :p : after i posted this i figured out how to change spells like getting machine gun on a tank work like the hammerheads plasma machine gun just with normal bullets and such. but sometimes when i change things when it checks custom scripts: variables after adding F.ex udg_uBigBullets it stops working whole WE just freezing when i try to launch or save. ive done it several times so im quite sure i add the unit info right...

Last edited:
Level 10
Use JassNewGen, my guess is that masterofra: The eternal warcraft III's sun, made some functions in vJass. I miss your Dog Robot... And spill1 want's me to say that you have got to make a rock again... Or else he will "HireAClownToWaitInYourBedAndMurderYou"...

Level 5
Yes, I'm Afraid I use Jass newgen, Seeing as it makes life so much easier modding wc3. I dont remember using it's functions in this map, But I wouldn't be surprised if I did.