1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Combat Zone 3.7

Submitted by N-a-z-g-u-l
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is just a fix (at least I think so, maybe i changed some things in all that time) for Combat Zone to work with patch 1.24.

I hope this gets approved. I dont want to overwrite the other map on the Hive, as some people are still using the old version of Warcraft.

Heres the old description.

Combat Zone is some kind of Battlefield for Warcraft III. It has a very good, almost lagg-free physic engine, and uses only arrow keys and hotkeys. The physics contain knockback, acceleration, sliding, ground friction, air friction, uplift, gravity, collision damage and bouncing. An AI is included, for Aiming Rockets and for extra AI bots which can be added ingame (-addbot 0 will make a bot follow player 0, red). The map uses Warcraft only for hotkeys and for placing the models, movement and so on is completely scripted and optimized as much as possible. Currently the map is some kind of demonstration, not a real map, it has no victory conditions, but makes fun nontheless. There are different vehicles like planes (Me 109, F22, A10, B17, B2 Stealth, MIG-29), helicopters (Cobra, Orca), ground vehicles (Hellhound, Hammerhead, Tank, MLRS, Jeep, Titan) with all different characteristics. Want to fly into the enemy with your plane and use your ejector seat milliseconds before impact and then open your parachute? Or unleash the force of a nuclear bomb? Nail your enemies with Machine Guns? Start a futuristic war with Plasma and Photon Guns? Burn your opponent with a Flame Thrower? Use a Smoke Grenade and overrun him? Teleport next to him? Evade his missiles with missile flares and then chase him to death between large city buildings with a jet? Be creative.

And still, the map has very small delay, compared to the average delay in maps using arrow keys.

VERY much thanks to all creators of models I used, this map without imports wouldn't be what it is now. I hope the way I gave credit to modelers on the loading screen is enough.

Have fun with it, and give feedback to me!

This map is unprotected, for everyone who want to take a look at the engine. If you want to create a mod, notify me.
Contents

Combat Zone 3.7 (Map)

Reviews
09:47, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. XPQJ

XPQJ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    this is amazing, the amount of stuff is very cool but there is one tank with the a gravity gun that just kills everything in one hit. 5/5 very nice!

2. masterofra

masterofra

Resources:
    Resources:
    After a Little bit of experimentation, I think i have some information that may help with the two bugs, the invisible wall, and the jumper desync.
    (tested with two players)

The jumper dysync seems to occur when one player uses the jump pad after anouther is in the air. It does not seem to occur with any method other than the jump pad.

The invisible wall seems to occur only when you fly your plane, or otherwise over the buildings, then try to land it far away. I think it is also possible with the marine, but you would have to reduce gravity signifigintly. The wall height seems to be ~1000

The ejection bug where you lose control when trying to eject seems to be tied to the invis wall.

Please keep working on this map.

3. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    One appear to stay in the ship, jumping out, but not ejecting, camera stays, selection stays... however one loses control of the veicle, this does only happen when in the air tough, otherwise its great that you revived this map

4. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome!

5. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mass Purging Template Version 3.0
    Approve.

Any Personal Comments?

6. Rodny

Rodny

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. I want to ask two things.
    First: How do you use the -Addbot?
    Second: Can the bot be something else then plane?

7. TheCloust

TheCloust

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its a nice map but there are some ISSUES:

1- if u enter jumper, everbody crashes from the game...

2- sometimes when you're in the plane you try to go down he gets stucks.

These issues really fuck up the game =\ 3/5

8. masterofra

masterofra

Resources:
    Resources:
    We already know about those, If you had read the previous posts, you would know that, and two, this project is discontinued, though it is unprotected, and anyone could try to fix it. I already tried tho, and cant get it to work.

9. Black_meoonG

Black_meoonG

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is the map that's i search entire my life...
    i love this map very2 much..

please complete this map and dont stop it.. :(
    all people on bnet loveeeee it..

if the map has been complete without any bugs..i'm sure this is the best map ever than any kind of map..

people dont like when someone capture the flag then the ticket goes down..
    people more more more like it if just ticket goes down by killing..not by captured the flag..
    or maybe u can add mode choice..

pleaaseee someone complete it's :(

edit : if this map complete..i'm sure this map can beat DOTA map.. :)

10. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    it can beat any dota map, any time, any where. but i guess it won't get fixed in the closest future... =(
    oh and also, this isn't the original map, it wont be added anything new to this, it's only a fix... It's too sad really...

11. Black_meoonG

Black_meoonG

Resources:
    Resources:
    can someone fix it..??
    pleaseeeee someone complete it..

on my bnet first time just me host it..and now i see 10 hosted this map..
    sometimes i see someone hosted this map more than dota map...

maybe someone interesting to continue this map.. :(

12. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, i wish someone would fix it too, but i don't think it is going to happen...

13. TheJP3372

TheJP3372

Resources:
    Resources:
    this map is EPIC but for some reason, there is no ground AI. Is this a glitch or is there no ground AI?

14. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    the addai works by id codes as far as i have understood, so the command would be forexample "Addai (if that is the command) A000 0"

15. masterofra

masterofra

Resources:
    Resources:
    After using debug messages to track the values of certain values, and finding the cause of several bugs, I managed to fix several of the bugs. This includes the "land in mid air" bug, the machine gun bug, and I think the eject fail bug. I have attached the fixed version here, And would like to be informed if I missed anything.

Edit:The desync bug, I cant fix, though I can reproduce it, because its a Heisenbug. This makes it extremely hard to fix, and I am not sure what to try next.

Edit: I finally Cracked that **** desync! It was caused by refering to ObjId in the jump pad code, which was at that point the object belonging to the local player. Since That changed handle states depending on the envirement height of the local unit, it caused a desync.

Edit: Now I got the railgun to work better, Has a kinda aiming indicator, kinda, fires two projectiles, and can use an ability to turn really fast.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  16. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    that post is doomed to be +reped! i liked the railgun!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  17. masterofra

masterofra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks.
    The Rail-gun was an experimental idea, Doesn't work quite right yet, Still experimenting with stats, and I cant hit stuff easily with it.

18. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    need's another model i think...

19. masterofra

masterofra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any suggestion how to do it? It needs to be a model that can look right rotated in any direction, and really needs to be in two parts, The barrel, and the mount, or somthing like that. It works as is, but....

20. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources: