• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Screen Grunt

Okay here is the Grunt from the Campaign Screen like this:

Grunt.JPG

Step 1:

1.jpg

Step 2:

2.jpg

Step 3:

3.jpg

Step 4:

4.jpg

Step 5:

5.jpg

Step 6:

6.jpg

Step 7:

7.jpg

Step 8:

8.jpg

Step 8a:

8a.jpg

Its done and usable I just would like to add the decay bones but I'm not sure how to do so can anyone help with this?

Also I'd like to say thank you to Elenai for seeing me through this project. It was a fun model to do and fairly simple. Please give credits if used.

Update: Head no longer grows huge when using spell animation. Fixed by dickxunder. :thumbs_up:

Update 2: Okay added sound effects and foot print effects to the model. Should work great now. :grin:

Keywords:
Grunt, Campaign, Zerox, Orc, High, Poly, Detail, Cool
Contents

Campaign Screen Grunt (Model)

Reviews
09:02, 6th Jan 2009 General Frank: Fix the hair of the grunt. Right now it used the helm texture. Please do this. 23rd Jan 2009 Pyritie: What hair...? Also, add a death sound event object. 24th Jan 2009 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.
Level 15
It looks like it may cause lag if used a lot though...

Lol it does not cause a lag, well it depends on your pc and you should know that so called first lag is because you did not preload model in game that's why you receive little lag (in other words this model does not lag at all)

Looks nice but you gotta fix it.

This comment is not understandable 'you gotta fix it', fix what? since model works fine i am not sure what should be fixed even if i am not the creator of this model! So please tell exactly what do you think should be fixed!

And my question has yet to be answered..
Why is this Campaign Orc Grunt any different?

Since you don't see it different texture 100% with same animations but if you don't see any different's i am not sure how to help you!

axe + bigger = Better

Nice to hear how would you like it more, but i think it will stay this way since its acceptable this way and size matches well if you ask me!

Same old Campaign Orc Grunt

Thats what the name of this model says 'Campaign Screen Grunt' if you can't understand it must be the same as "old campaign grunt" since the name of this model would be fake, so as it really is campaign grunt it matches the name and result!

I hope you understand now!

Maybe I would have understood had you replied earlier.
AND as far as I can see, the orc picture at the top APPEEARS to have the same texture as the Campaign Screen orc.

Adding an alpha layer to the texture doesn't make it "different texture 100%"

Finally, my last post wasn't a comment on the name of the model, but rather the composition of the model.

"Hope you understand now!" =]

Level 8
High poly count therefore only like 1 of these bad boys will be used...either way, most sharpest model ive seen in a while! i hope you can make the team color, and possible a hero glow, and extract other campaign screen units! their such good quility! anyways nice! job

Level 12
I'm glad you all like it. For those who may be wondering I will release a team color version when if this is approved. But how would you like a team color version with just a hero glow or a 1 small custom texture you have to import adding team color to his shoulder armor?

Please no hero glow.. if you do make a separate upload with maybe more changes, maybe add on or take off some of the features. Actually... Add in another axe on the other hand =)

Also you should make a Fel orc one, with more spikes on the shoulder, and on chin.

Last edited:
Level 7
=3 Now we need an archer and the troll and the human guy. we also need the blood elf, the arthas dude, the death knight, and the high poly shield in the campaign backround of ROC. now we also need all of the high poly models plz T_T... question mark?

Level 9
well not a bad model (though mostly by blizzard) but good job and not too much filesize either ^^

Level 6
if you could do this then you can make campaign screens right? i mean, turn campaign screens into the start up screen (which is in default(in frozen throne) the frozen throne).