• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
On most xenforo forums, trophy points are sorta like achievements. Small ones. Usually related to number of posts, likes received, join date, etc. But maybe Ralle would plan to customize it a bit more.

Ahh I see.

robots.jpg

3 Robots???

Vidovit

Banned
Level 3
You can customize trophies and create new ones.. Basically for anything. Problem is not everything can be automated, so you end up with many staff given trophies.

I'm glad that the Hive is progressing!
Site is good for beta and if you need any help with XenForo feel free to ask.

Anyway good luck with the updates, will keep an eye on it.

Level 23
I really enjoyed "Hive 2", but still need some improves (I know it's a beta, I will just putting my thoughts)

It's like Shadow Flux said, it would be better have some tabs for Maps, Skins, Icons, Models and such, Like "Hive 1" (LOL)

Also, I have one questions, since it's the same style of Brigand's Heaven. About the custom project, it would be needed to ask for some moderator to make your project's thread? (And if yes, don't let others create discussion in your own thread , I mean, just the moderator of the thread can do it.)

But anyway, Good job! :D

Ahh I see.

robots.jpg

3 Robots???

Search engines (such as Google) have "spiders" crawl all over the web and follow links for indexing web pages. Xenforo lists those spiders as robots.

But you made it for models and skins ? Anyways, I really love the new viewer :) . I hope I'm not repeating something but... there will be icons ?

Those categories are just placeholders/for testing. The new forum will have all the appropriate sections, and it should have the quicklinks at the top that everyone knows and loves. The test forum is just to test individual aspects (e.g. posting, resources, liking, etc.). The actual Hive 2 will have many more forums/sections.

Level 18
Those categories are just placeholders/for testing. The new forum will have all the appropriate sections, and it should have the quicklinks at the top that everyone knows and loves. The test forum is just to test individual aspects (e.g. posting, resources, liking, etc.). The actual Hive 2 will have many more forums/sections.

Okay I got fear x)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Second major gripe is the gradient texture behind replies, I would never put a gradient/texture behind text personally.
QFFT. I think we can keep the gradient, but only for the opening post. The replies should be the default davy's gray (?). Like one gradient wallpaper for the whole thread view and not for each individual post.

Also, I don't like how XenForo resizes smaller avatars to default size (100x100). Can that be disabled or is it hardcode-integrated?

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I suggest better categorization for code resources:

To be general, main title should be "Codes", not "Spells". I'm not sure yet. If eventually you keep the current style in that beta site, maybe "Code resources" fits better.

Categories:
- GUI/Triggers
- Jass
- vJass
- cJass
- Zinc
- Wurst
- (maybe) xJass​

Types:
- Spell, with sub-types:
- Target point
- Target unit
- No target
- Passive​
- (Spell)pack
- System
- Snippet​

Since snippet section is quite special (with definition that snippets do not need any form of demonstration), maybe it should prohibits user to upload map? Not sure.

And please, give a clear distinction between needs fix/pending/approved resources. They all should be visible to everyone but separated into several "sub-section". Those sub-sections are based on resources' status like pending/rejected/approved/etc.

I know it sounds asking a lot but they are all just suggestions.

Btw, having both reputation system and "like" system at once is quite something.

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
But you made it for models and skins ? Anyways, I really love the new viewer :) . I hope I'm not repeating something but... there will be icons ?

It looks nice, keep the good work :D
You can upload icons to the objects section right now yes. All sections will be imported as is though, so we will have an icons section.
I demand...
Yeah, I stopped reading at that word. If you rephrase it, I may read it again.

If I may recommend to make Spell Section better, taken from Quilnez's post with a variation of mine, a separation between spells and systems won't hurt.
Currently, spell section is pure mess, the chain of spell + system make it like a chaotic one (and really, it's very messy).

Split it into 2 different categories :

Spell Section :
> Single Spell
>> Instant
>> Unit Target
>> Point Target
>> Unit/Point Target
> Spell Pack
>> Hero SP (?)
>> Unit SP (?)
>> Random Spells (?)

System Section :
> Key Systems (better naming, I'm suck with names for these xD)
>> Extensions
> Snippets

Code Categorization :
> GUI
> UMSWE GUI (?)
> Jass
> VJass
> CJass
> Zinc
> Wurst
> vrJass (?)
> xJass (?)

I think it's better that way, than what Jass section we have now.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hm.. Weird. It doesn't mean anything bad in my vocabulary, but whatever, too tired to edit it. :)

It's not about vocabulary. It's about what the word "demand" implies. Ralle is not a waitress that you can give orders to and demand stuff from. You can "suggest", "offer ideas", "express opinions". You don't "demand".
Atleast that's how I get it...

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Andser said:
The new site is neat and clean, of course, but one think i don't like is that it looks like Windows 7 compared to 8 or 10... For me a huge step to "?@!*...

From my view, its login system behaves Window 8's components' function. It is more vivid, applicable and clear.

Andser said:
Warcraft is really old and so the site should stay like it is. Will this old site be still usable after the launch of Hive 2.0 ? :p

Hmm... I'm not sure with Battle.net. Garena+'s WC3: TFT's player amount is about 46135 despite it is old. Taiwan players and Hong Kong players play WC3: TFT by using WC3: TFT files in 1.26 version and convert it to chinese version so Garena+ players who play WC3: TFT in English version cannot see that they are actually playing WC3: TFT (Reason: they use chinese version of WC3: TFT -> can be considered as hidden). There are many NotD: Am clans in Singapore. NotD: Am clan in Taiwan is the most popular.

NotD: Am = Night of the Dead: Aftermath.

There are also many RPG players who play WC3: TFT in Garena+. Some of them who know THW are confirmed to like THW as they play THW's maps so much.

DeathChef said:
no new content will be able to be created in this hive

I can sense that THW/Hive 2 will release new stuffs since there are WoW and SC2. :)

Level 6
Well, i registered today but i don't really seem to be able to do many things other than "view" them, it doesn't give me permission to change my avatar post, use status,upload, use pastebin and things. (Do i have to accept an email or something, i checked my email there was none)

Xenforno's cool tho.

Level 6
Well, i checked spam there's no email regarding the hive workshop verification. (None in inbox either)

Checked contact details and the email is correct.

I use Yahoo mail.

Edit: I'll try using my Microsoft account.

Edit2: It worked, the problem happens with yahoo emails perhaps.

I recall Social Groups are carried over, how will this apply, as I'm curious since with the current state, I can't define the mechanic of future system for social groups.
I have more or less eyesight of how reps will work there, at least those likes button has to go :D

Avatar also upload in a better fashion, it uploads far easier than I accustomed to in Hive 1.
And please, don't retracts the ability to comment on status messages :)

Level 6
Cool, so the members system is removed and replaced with moderation (Erh.. there was some option to restrict posting or something).

Edit: There is a member system but no join/invite system yet.

I like the new members system.

Edit: There is a member system but no join/invite system yet.
Actually there is one implemented. Shar Dundred was able to invite me into his group.

It's better than what we have, and of course allows more flexibility.
Indeed. Now I can create, manage and delete a group in no time.
Pretty sweet.

I have another two question:

1) Is there an option to disable email notifications?

2) Why those who are not members of a social group is able to post everywhere in the said social group? Can you add an option for social group moderators to restrict what outsiders can do in the group (such as making them unable to post outside of specified threads, cannot create threads without joining the group, etc.)?

Last edited:
Some Social Groups like to host events and such, which can be complicated in form of threads.

Roleplay groups at least, are preferred over the RP Forum (My RP at Forum has no post, while one at group already has like 10 pages (IMM RP)).
In addition, some groups are non english language based (IMM, PRS, VMC, etc), which is against our rule of English Only. Next, Social Groups are better on organizing events and such than Hive Forum (take RACC, IMM, PRS and Kaelicious), at least imo.

Some Social Groups like to host events and such, which can be complicated in form of threads.

Roleplay groups at least, are preferred over the RP Forum (My RP at Forum has no post, while one at group already has like 10 pages (IMM RP)).
In addition, some groups are non english language based (IMM, PRS, VMC, etc), which is against our rule of English Only. Next, Social Groups are better on organizing events and such than Hive Forum (take RACC, IMM, PRS and Kaelicious), at least imo.

Sorry, i don't have the same opinion that you do.

Ditto.

Looks great!

A couple of things. Personal opinion incoming.

-Generally I miss the borders which separates threads/ressources. As it is right now (the Beta) it's harder to distinguish each thread/resource from one another, like it all flows together.
Also. When looking at a resource the space between the description/content and content/posts could perhaps use some kind of border as well.

-The search function in the different Repository forums is on the wrong side. The old layout gave a better overview when searching because you didn't have to look across the screen to "check" your search.

-What is the "notable member" section meant to achieve?

-I really like all the information we get about a resource.

-The general feel of the page is still in the Hive Spirit which obviously is a good thing!

Keep it up Ralle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.