• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS Warsong Gulch - Capture the Flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
CTF/AoS Warsong Gulch - Capture the Flag!

Hello, I want to present my project: Warsong Gulch - Capture the Flag! Everyone who played World of Warcraft heard about this battleground.

Information:
Map file size: 4.74 MB!
Map dimension: 128x96 (Bit bigger)
Suggested Players: 5x5

The Story:
In the southern region of Ashenvale forest, Warsong Gulch is near the area where Grom Hellscream and his Orcs chopped away huge swaths of forest during the events of the Third War. Some orcs have remained in the vicinity, continuing their deforestation to fuel the Horde's expansion. They call themselves the Warsong Outriders.

The Night Elves, who have begun a massive push to retake the forests of Ashenvale, are now focusing their attention on ridding their land of the Outriders once and for all. And so, the Silverwing Sentinels have answered the call and sworn that they will not rest until every last Orc is defeated and cast out of Warsong Gulch.

Features:

:fp: Capture the Flag System now much better! (still working on)
:fp: 2 Factions: :wink:Horde:wink: & :nemor:Alliance:nemor:
:fp: 7 Classes: Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Warrior, Rogue New:Mage, Warlock, Paladin (Only for now! New classes in newier versions!)
:fp: Triggered and Non-Triggered Spells for each class (4 Spells per class)
:fp: Potion shop (Items unavailable for now)

Work in Progress!

To-Do List:

:fp: Find team (Modeler(Still looking for!), Trigger helper(Done), Terrainer(Done))(66.6666666667%)
:fp: Finish all classes(80 Done%)
:fp: Make interesting spells for each class(~50%-70 Done%)
:fp: Completed Capture the Flag System! (95 Done%)
:fp: Make shops with items.(1 Done%)
:fp: Rework terrain!(100%) (Done)

TEAM:
Project Leaders: Spoontoobig, Haomeris
Project Helper: Soul-_-Hunter
Main Triggerer: Dr.Boom <- Pwnz0r!
Triggerer: Spoontoobig
Terrainer: Archipelago
Modeler: --------------

NEED:

NEED GOOD MODELER THAT COULD MAKE: HERO MODELS, DOODADS! :grin:

NEWS:

:fp: NEW TERRAIN!
:fp: Fixed Capture the Flag system and some bugs!
:fp: Added new classes ( Warlock, Mage, Paladin ) (Priest & Death Knight is under construction!)
:fp: New and more balanced spells!
:fp: Added WoW Icons
:fp: Added combo system for rogue
:fp: Lots of bug fixes

Screenshots:

Download:

Here is beta map some parts of terrain will be fixed its not finished yet! Report bugs and give feedback!

Attachments

• Warsong Gulch v0.4 [Prot] Beta.w3m
    4.8 MB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Level 10
Now we have to wait for terrain... And then I will release beta version ;). While I waiting going to make some improvements :d.

I've started a little bit on the terrain now... But I would need a model. I dont know what ist called in english but here's a picture.

stubbe20tree20stumpur0.jpg
It has to be "ashenvalish".

Level 13
stup, or stub, i don't exactly know... Could i please try the bugged version??

Level 13
Yay! lawl. The terrain looks quite... Weird, i think... I don't know really... errr... More doodads!

Level 10
The Map dimension wrong it should be not 128x96, but 96x128 ;)

Edit1:
Found bug:

*Player 12 (Brown) Couldn't take hero... Now it can! :) - Fixed!
Edit2:
Found bug:

*Player 12 (Brown) after dies didn't revive... Now he revive! :) - Fixed!

Last edited:
Level 7
seems like this could be an awsome game! tried beta and it seems bland but i know thats not the final terain so its cool. skills seem decent ATM. keep it up!

Level 10
I tested the map and here is my review:

NE Rogue: 2/5 - I didn't like the skin.. a feature to choose gender would be amazing. I don't think there is a WoW ability called Incinerate for the rogue. That sounds like the Warlock AoE self damaging spell >.<. Also please note that Shadowsteppe cannot be used in battlegrounds (I don't think? xD)
NE Druid: 3/5 - I like the skin. Again gender selection would be a +1. That 'moonsoon' spell is actually called Hurricane. Adding some casting bars and proper spell icons would rock this map.
NE Hunter: 1/5 - Skin was very basic. None of the spells have proper names (use thottbot.com if you need help finding ability names and details) and cloud trap is a channeled ability.. lol? It's actually Ice Trap and you can build it properly by creating a unit with the icon of a trap like the ones in WoW and use a trigger to set it off with proximity.. or use something like this: (give the trap a 1-1 damage attack) then:
'Event' [A Unit Is Attacked] -> 'Conditions' [Unit Type of (Attacking Unit) = (Ice Trap)] -> 'Actions' [Spawn 1 (Custom Unit That Looks Like a Frost Circle)] at (Position of (Attacking Unit))] [Kill (Attacking Unit)]
It's a very simple idea, but is VERY effective.
Human Warrior: 1/5 - Skin lol. His voice is the sound of a tree.. another lol. Warriors don't have auras.. so remove that (also spelled wrong in the game). Also please note Whirlwind is a single target dps. If you want it to effect more, it has to be "Bladestorm" which causes Whirlwind x6 with a maximum of up to x4 targets. It may be small to you but details will be hugely crucial in this type of game. Balance is everything. Mimic WoW's abilities and such to the dot.

Orc Shaman: 2/5 - Skin was okay. Abilities all suck. Also they use chain heal, not healing touch. Reincarnation is extremely cheap.. should be removed from the game entirely as it is not useable in BGs in WoW.
Tauren Hunter: 4/5 - Amazing skin. I don't know where you got that skin from but use that type on ALL your characters, he has a T7 set and everything. Bloody amazing. Only thing that brought -1 was his abilities. Scroll up to NE Hunter for details.
Orc Rogue: 3/5 - Rogue was meh. Lol at the skin.. a snake around her neck. Little weird.. should change that. Lost points for abilities (and the snake xD!)
Orc Warrior: 1/5 - Same note as the human warrior.

Terrain: 1/5 Really needs improvement. Camera adjusting would be nice.

In General: 1.5/5 - I believe this map has a lot of potential. The terrain is bad now but after reading the other posts I realize this will probably change. I will test this map at a later date.. and give you some time to make changes and improve it. If you ever need help with some general stuff just add my msn (if you can) at [email protected]
I'm always willing to help. Good luck!

Level 10
@Rispetto: Oh man... Thank you for this review ;> Now I know what to change ;d!!! But I Will change Tauren model till someone make me other... (His model is illegal... and I think I broke THW rules... But I'm sorry I will change it as soon as I get my model!) Skills also going to be improved and balanced ;) Thank you again... P.S. Cloud Trap was made from Smoke Screen and Shadowstep can be used in BG's ! oh and I didn't player WoW for ~2 Months that I forgot shaman use Healing Wave instead of Healing Touch! ;d
@Whisper: Yes I will make doodads smaller ;)... And Thank you! :)

Level 15
The map is pretty big. Didn't get a chance to try it proper, but seems pretty decent.

The tooltips could use some fixes. Some of the coloring aren't right (I think the Warrior's Aura has this issue).

Now, something I would like to suggest:
You should periodically ping the flag for players of both teams. Why? Because I can pick up the orc flag and place it in that huge tunnel created by arches and the enemy may never find it :p

I do wish you good luck. Although the gameplay appears rather slow, with the huge map and all.

PS: Why is it a RoC map?

Level 27
Hmm... this's your new map?
Well, it looks pretty nice. :)
Good luck with it.

Well, if you need some artwork or maybe a skin or two done, i'd be glad to help.
( i recently aquired Photoshop Elements, and i've been practicing alot evar since.)
You can look around my albums if you want examples.
+Rep for the enthausaism :)
-Dragonson

Status
Not open for further replies.