• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of hte Alliances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
War of the Alliances (Altered melee map)

Features:
:fp: Alliance (Humans, Dwarfs, Elves and Gnomes) VS. Horde (Orcs, Trolls, Taurens and Goblins)
:fp: Fixed attack values;
:fp: Complex and precise tool tips;
:fp: Aquatic units;
:fp: No heroes or items;
:fp: Large gaps between trees;
:fp: 3 game modes;
:fp: Maximum food limit: 300;
:fp: No resources lost by upkeep;
:fp: Various different units (Alliance: 25/ Horde: 29)(This values may be changed in the future).

Game Dynamics:
The map is played in teams of up to 3 players. All units belong to the team leader, but other players in the team can control those units. In the beguinning it's quite useless, because you don't need help to control just 6 workers and a command center. But it become a interesting thing when you want to command 150, 200 or 250 units to build an expansion, invade a enemy and defend your base from a invasion at the same time.
On 2 of the game modes each player will receive an unique unit, a commander. this unit represents this player. In the first game mode you lose the game when your commander dies, and the team lose when they have no more commanders. In the other mode, the team can play without their commanders, but those units are much powerful, and you don't want to lose it if your enemies still having.
On the third game mode, there is no commanders.
The map have a fast gathering, you can extract 250 lumber of each tree, 3500 per gold mine with up to 5 workers inside it at the same time.
Build, train , upgrade and make researches very fast.
Units and buildings have small values of health.
Attack damage fixed.
175138-albums2376-picture27924.bmp
Units can walk between the trees and structures can be builded inside forests.
175138-albums2376-picture27966.bmp
All tooltips shows you exactly what this unit can do, so you will train only what you realy need.
175138-albums2376-picture27965.bmp

Development Team and Their Functions:
Kuritany >>> Units, Abilities, Terrain and Ideas
TokiZR >>> Triggers, Jass, Abilities and Terrain
Team new members: we need an Icon Maker and a Modeler.
Any idea can help.
We need a better name for the map.

Level 19
Watching the screenshot from the tooltip showed there, I must say they will very complex and hard to read/remember. Eventually, most users will appeal about them to be changed.

No heroes or items? Are you lazy or enough silly to think people won't heroes in a melee map.

Placing trees with distance between each other is nothing special nor new.

What do you mean by "attack damage fixed" ? What's wrong with the attack damage of the units?

What about the "leader" of each team, what is he's role in the game?

If you think food cap 300 (per player) is a good idea - you're terribly wrong.

- All in all, a lacking concept for an altered melee map.

Level 2
Looks very interesting. I would like to learn more about the Commander system and how it affects large groups of units. Also, could you attach the map to the thread, even if it is only an early version? I would like to see it. Also, i was wondering how to arrange text and images inside a thread like that for my own...
Anyways, looks good. :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Watching the screenshot from the tooltip showed there, I must say they will very complex and hard to read/remember. Eventually, most users will appeal about them to be changed.

No heroes or items? Are you lazy or enough silly to think people won't heroes in a melee map.

Placing trees with distance between each other is nothing special nor new.

What do you mean by "attack damage fixed" ? What's wrong with the attack damage of the units?

What about the "leader" of each team, what is he's role in the game?

If you think food cap 300 (per player) is a good idea - you're terribly wrong.

- All in all, a lacking concept for an altered melee map.

On starcraft there is no heros or items, thats good for defencive players. Imaging the commanders like lvl 10 heroes, without items. It's awmost that.

The 300 food limit it's for each team. The unit's belong to the "Leader", except by the commanders. The "Leader" have an food limit of 300 and the other players cann't train their one units, but they can train units for the "Leader". They share the control of the units.

Looks very interesting. I would like to learn more about the Commander system and how it affects large groups of units. Also, could you attach the map to the thread, even if it is only an early version? I would like to see it. Also, i was wondering how to arrange text and images inside a thread like that for my own...
Anyways, looks good. :thumbs_up:

I shall attach the preview map, so you can know better the units, but the commanders will come latter... only when I get all systems and all commanders working. (When I'll start balancing better the forces)

The commanders have more hit points and attack damage, normaly have powerful auras. Some of them have abilities that works only with a specific unit type.

The games are made to reach the top of the techtree in 20 or less, It shouldn't be a long game. But in case of it happens, you can have 300 units. I don't think much people want to play with all those units... I still thinking in a way to select more than 12 units at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.