• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS Warsong Gulch - Capture the Flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Well, i am trying to make icons, but i can't find the right colors, and they are too invisible xD

Level 10
*BUMP* New version! v0.2 beta

Some changes in map:

- Now map is playable on 5x5

Some bug fixes:

- Fixed shaman attacks!
- Fixed Mage Ice Barrier skill!
- Fixed Blood elf warlock to Blood elf mage because name was wrong! :)
- Some terrain fixes!
- Some balances!
- Some small bug and other fixes!
Download map at first post! And remember report bugs & give feedback!!! :D

~Spoontoobig

Last edited:
Level 10
It's nearly finish... Just need to fix some of horde territory :).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some bugs fixed & New version v0.2b

- Tunnel is bit fixed
- Some skill and hero balances
- Changed druid model to Druid of the Talon
- File size is bit lowered
- Fixed hero sounds
- Some other small fixes

More thing tommorow!

Please redownload map from first post! Also report bugs & give feedback, so we can improve map! :)

~Spoontoobig

Last edited:
I tested the map and here is my review:

Gnome Rogue: 3/5 - The skin was decent. He had a bit of a big head (lol) and doesn't really look like a gnome, more of a really short human. None the less, I gave a better review for him.
NE Druid: 2.5/5 - You need a skin for him. Abilities are named correctly and all that. That gives you a + for this hero.
Draeni Hunter: 3.5/5 - Skin is good, and abilities are better. One thing though; you should rename "Summon Wolf" as "Call Pet" and have a random skin for the pet, so it's not always a wolf. Spider, bear, etc would be coolio.
Human Warrior: 2.5/5 - Skin was mehh (okayy). Abilities fixed, this is a + for this hero.
Gnome Warlock: 4/5 - Good skin, looks like a real WoW Gnome Lock. Abilities fixed, another good thing. I left at 4 however because for a 5/5 you need to add more abilities.
Human Mage: 2.5/5 - Skin meh. A better one would be nice. Abilities are good, that's a + for this hero.

BE Warlock: 2.5/5 - Skin was mehh. Abilities and icons are better than the last test, but need more abilities in general.
BE Mage: 2.5/5 - Pretty much the same skin as the BE Warlock.. "mehh". Abilities and icons same deal.
Orc Shaman: 2/5 - Skin is okay. Shamans don't use fist weapons though so a new one should be found for real game accuracy. Abilities / icons same deal.
Tauren Hunter: 137/138 - I really don't know where you found this skin, I'm completely in love with it. It has real WoW stand animations etc. Hands down the best skin in the game. -1 because of abilities (lol). Same as Draeni Hunter; change to "Call Pet" with random skins for the pet itself. Add more abilities.
UD Rogue: 4.5/5 - Another excellent skin, however I think the tauren is still win :)cute:). Add more abilities / icons etc.
Orc Warrior: 3.5/5 - Skin was pretty decent, though it just doesn't fit. For an excellent game try to find better ones (I know you're looking for a model creator atm so I'll give you credit for finding decent ones without one).

General: As stated above you need some more custom icons. The abilities seem to be properly named and some icons do match their actual abilities (Druid seems to be the best atm). Another thing you might want to do is add some random names. This can be done in the unit editor [Name - Suffix] or something like that.. it's the window where you can [Add] multiple names. Just add a bunch and it will randomize in the game. Realistic usernames would be awsomeso (maybe some friends you'd like to idolize?). Also one thing I noticed was that you don't have the trigger added to select the your hero once you choose it, and if you need help with this you can reach me at [email protected]. Lastly you need to add a -repick command for say the first 30-60 seconds of the game. It would be a nice feature.

Terrain: 3.7/5 - Definitely an improvement from the last test I did. Trees etc are nice and realistic with the [World Tree] + [Extra Large Tree] placed on top; it adds to realism. One thing though is you need to add the bases. If you've never actually played WoW or just want help with how the bases can be managed, add my msn. There are ways to overlap terrain and actually have a tunnel where you cannot see your character etc. I have a few ideas in mind I'd like to share with this. Having the full 3 layered bases would be really awesome.

Conclusion: 3.5/5 - Definitely an improvement as stated in the terrain comment. I love what you've done, you've shown that you can turn a P.O.S into a fine piece of work. Some more minor details and a few terrain changes and this will be ready for a decent release. Keep up the good work :D

Edit: Forgot to change a color on one of the ratings.

Level 10
For terrain I want to thank Archipelago! Thank to him +REP! :)

And thank you for review! +REP, but I have sorry because there will be only 4 abilites. :) I played WoW and I know that this doesn't look like Warsong Gulch, but I like this anyway ;). More improvements will be in future :). Thanks again!

EDIT: I like that there isn't any red things ;d...

Level 15
You need new icons for some spells.And you need to improve a little your terrain.Where is DK and pala?I think Tauren model sucks.Cuz he looks like high lvl hero, and all others looks like 10-20 lvl heroes!And you need to make more spells or make more heroes with same class but other talents, like hunter survival and hunter marksmanship and beastmastery or both!

Level 10
There is already new icons... I just didn't upload new version and I don't think that tauren model suck :///. And if you didn't read Death Knight, Paladin & Priest is under construction... But what ever thanks... I think about more spells... we will see in future ;).

Level 10
*BUMP*
New version v0.2c Beta!

Lots of Improvements!:

- Added Spells
- Added combo system for Rogue
- Added casting bars
- Added Spell Icons
- Spells are more balanced
- Some other map & bug fixes!

Please download map! You can find it in first post! Also remember to report bugs & give feedback!

Please *PLEASE* don't use that skin for the hunter. It's really horrible.
The one you have now is excellent. I don't know why you think it's illegal unless you stole it from some WoW files which I doubt you did.
Just ask the creator of that skin if you can use it and also ask if he has anymore.

@ That guy that said these look like level 10-20 heroes, some of the featured abilities are attained at a higher level than that. So if you want to bring it down to lore then all of the characters need to be at least L70 with similar looking gear. If you leave the skins as is I can guarantee this map won't get anywhere as popular as I thought.

It takes patience to create something that anyone else can,
It takes skill to create something unique.

Edit: Fixed a spelling mistake.

Note: I think you should continue working on terrain. The idea I had with the multi leveled bases would really improve this map. The way it's set up right now does not remind me of WSG at all really. Just having the flag sitting there in wide open view is meh.
Also maybe add some mounts (?) kinda like a level 20+ WSG BG (which based on these abilities is certainly the case)

Also: I haven't gotten a chance to host any public games and give this map a run for it's money. Once you think you have released a stable version I'd like to play a game with some of the creators if possible. On-the-site bug reporting and testing is always helpful. If you're interested, you can reach me at R1spetto@Azeroth(USEast). I hope to be speaking with you soon.

Level 10
*BUMP*
New version v0.2d Beta!

Lots of Improvements!:

- Added & Changed some spells!
- Added Draenei Shaman to Alliance & Tauren Druid to Horde!
- Added Some Spell Icons!
- Some slight game balance!
- Other bug fixes!

Sorry, file size has increased, because I added some models...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I'm looking for spell maker!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please download map! You can find it in first post! Also remember to report bugs & give feedback!

~Spoontoobig

Level 10
*BUMP*
New version v0.3 Beta!

Lots of Improvements!:

- Added & Changed some spells!
- Added New Class Paladin!
- Added Some New Spell Icons!
- Some slight game balance!
- Other bug fixes!

Please download map! You can find it in first post! Also remember to report bugs & give feedback! PLEASE I REALLY NEED YOUR FEEDBACKS!

~Spoontoobig, thank you...

Level 15
Retribution pala with devotion aura? xD
Man I think you need talents for each class like HUNTER MARKSMANSHIP, SURVIVAL and BEASTMASTERY because its not same gameplay with each proffesion!

Level 6
I just downloaded this map and tried it alone.
I saw many flaws here and there.

the flag system:
If I'm right clicking my own flag it spams the whole message that I brought
the flag back at my base. It's easy for a troll to just annoy his team.
Same for when I bring the enemy flag at my base, it says I drop it then it says
that I captured it, shouldn't it just say that I captured it?

Second, in the real WSG, you can't just give the flag to an ally from invo to invo.
You need to find a way to make sure it's the same in your map. I can suggest
you to use something like that:
Flag is undroppable so you can't right click it and put it on the floor.
Flag has a Channel ability that does NOTHING.
Trigger that ability to drop the flag on the ground.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/classic-heroes-arena-166550/

Here's a map I did with different flag system, have a look at it, it's unprotected.

Here's some tips.
I wouldn't like to play your map if your flag system was flawless, your classes
up to date and fully fonctional with the best terrain ever. You know why?
Because it takes way too much time for the characters to run accross de map.
If you manage to find something to make ppl run faster or something, that
way the map would be playable. Make the flag carrier slower or make a skill
that's called "sprint" that only non-flag carriers can use or give almost each
classes a way to slow down a target. Just make sure there is the less down
time possible. I also noticed there is a lot of Path that are useless from the
side. They lead nowhere useful, the only reason ppl would go there is when
they have that speed buff and the class following it doesn't. You could put
the "healing salve" and the problem would be solved.

good luck with your project.

Level 10
@Druu... Thank you for your tips :) you really helped, I will look at the map later... now got some serious problem with my pc where is my map... :) I got some freakin viruses... I gaved computer for some programmers... I said that they leave all warcraft.. so for now I can't work with map ;)... Thanks again!

@N1ighthawk I will try to send when I get my computer back ;)...

Status
Not open for further replies.