• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating Contest #2 - Full unit animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
damn.. i made Spell Slam, Spell, Spell Throw, Walk Alternate, Attack Alternate and eat animation so far...

LiOneSS
reputation_1neg.gif
<3

Level 9
Heres a wip from the old contest. I haven't had any time to work on this (school), but I'll try and finish it now.

This is the old mesh btw, I like it more (its decent for max 5 w/ art tools) ^_^

Attachments

• Dragon.rar
    93 KB · Views: 55
Heres a wip from the old contest. I haven't had any time to work on this (school), but I'll try and finish it now.

This is the old mesh btw, I like it more (its decent for max 5 w/ art tools) ^_^

Ooo melee. Are you doing Lirch then?

(Just a note: with the new mesh, I also fixed the unwrap as well as made the head better. Just so you know. :p)

The feet on the walk animation look a little funny though. Overall though, I like it. Good work so far.

Level 9
Ooo melee. Are you doing Lirch then?

(Just a note: with the new mesh, I also fixed the unwrap as well as made the head better. Just so you know. :p)

The feet on the walk animation look a little funny though. Overall though, I like it. Good work so far.

I think I'm doing Coalch, but I didn't really pick one. On the last contest I picked Var'Thun (Firch?), and I thought he had a melee attack o_O

So really I'm doing a hybrid between Lirch/Coalch/Var'Thun, or something like that ^_^

Oh, and I'm completely re-doing the walk animation btw : )

I think I'm doing Coalch, but I didn't really pick one. On the last contest I picked Var'Thun (Firch?), and I thought he had a melee attack o_O

So really I'm doing a hybrid between Lirch/Coalch/Var'Thun, or something like that ^_^

Oh, and I'm completely re-doing the walk animation btw : )

Well, skrab's doing a melee thing too, so if you both want to get your animations used I suggest you pick opposite ones. (This goes for skrab too)

Level 25
i think this is my final submission :/
i'm going on vocations in Friday and i don't know when shall i return...
if i return in Monday or Thursday i will finish Portrait and Portrait Talk animations

i hope i picked the right dragon :S

Attachments

• Lirch.rar
    152.3 KB · Views: 58
Level 9
Heres a WIP of mine, I guess I'm doing Var'thun

The walk animation looks really slow in a model viewer, but if you use it in game it plays at the proper speed.

Oh, and btw, what are the spells that Var'thun casts anyway? It might help to know so I don't come up with completely random animations.

Attachments

• Varthun.rar
    114 KB · Views: 69
Level 9
I'm still going to do the spell animations on mine, they wont take too long.

I was going to do them yesterday, but my internet was down and I forgot what the spells were : (

I'll probably be done either today or tomorrow

Level 9
Heres my final entry, I added a spell and channel animation, but I didn't have time to add any more -_-
Oh, and I added attachment points! (yay!)

btw that model is like, 2.5x bigger then it should be, so scale it to about .3 or so in the WE, or else its huge.

Attachments

• RAR.rar
    126.9 KB · Views: 70
Level 9
Huh, I thought I deleted that file... whoops
I tried to scale down the model with War 3 Model Editor, but it screwed it up (obviously) (remember: Scaling is evil (especially in 3ds))

Here it is again, re-exported and de-crappified ^_^

This time I'm going to re-dl it and make sure it works...

Attachments

• Rawr.zip
    382.3 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.