• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating Competition #1 - Let's Dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The Hive Workshop's first ever...

Animating Competition

hammertime2rl7.gif
humdance2cx1.gif

Contest Theme: Let's Dance!

[rainbow]Each contestant must create one or more dance animations using one or more of the provided in game Warcraft III models. There are: Blademaster, Demonhunter, Shadowhunter and Paladin models included in the attaced rar file. To import the files into Max with the correct hierarchy use this: BlizzImporter[/rainbow]
Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.

2. Model(s) used must not be altered from the provided models. Bone structure, however, may be changed slightly or in some cases made from scratch when import of the bone structure is not possible for the chosen animation program.

3. Animation(s) must show properly in game without rotation errors or anything to the effect.

4. Animation(s) should have decent timing.

5. Submissions should be uploaded in .mdx format and must use the appropriate in game textures, and include an in game screenshot of the model functioning properly.

6. Submissions must be posted before the deadline.

7. All animations must be made for this competition, no old works allowed.

8. Completed submissions must be physically attached to this thread.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 75 reputation points and an award icon
  • Second Place: 50 reputation points
  • Third Place: 25 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting

The winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 4 weeks after the contest begins.
The contest shall begin on 08 November 2007 and conclude on

08 December 2007 0:00 AM, GMT, with possible extension.​

Attachments

• Unanimated Models Fixed.rar
    52.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The examples made were using the models provided to demonstrate the possibilities of the models. I myself am not allowed to participate, but I will most likely make more animations for fun. Best of luck contestants!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yes, IK and FK are allowed, I don't really mind. As long as the work is done by yourself.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Why are the models completely unrigged?

Give me a second, I'll check something.

Closed for a small time, I have to fix the models.

Models now fixed, they all need a demo animation to preserve the bone structure, easy as that. They should be alright now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why it does not work ??

This is my first anim whit bones. And i used art tools to export the model, it did't sayed anythink and when i opened the mdx file, the chest of the model was gone and the anim was messed up :cry: ! Can sameone help me plz ? Tell me why it didt work :confused: I seted all to linear anim controllers. I have attached the mdx and max files. Anyway i attached a gif of the anim too :grin:

Is it because i used the IK slover :confused:

Attachments

• Dancing Blade Master (1).gif
    Dancing Blade Master (1).gif
    1 MB · Views: 287
  • dancing blade master.max
    312 KB · Views: 103
  • Blademaster - Dance (ANIMATED).mdx
    26.3 KB · Views: 118
Level 27
I think I'll join this if I have time, however a quick question: Can we edit the model just as much as to remove weapons (as your pally doesn't have any) or geosets from say, the demon hunter's alternate form?
EDIT:
Too bad I can't join, would be fun going against you.
I would have liked to see that too. Challenge ftw?
--donut3.5--

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

DesKaladA - Looking like a good start, just work on ironing out the timing and get it fluent.

Pyritie - Yeah, I think I will anyway.

Dark Hunter1357 - The animation isn't looking half bad at the moment, I will try to look into your problem when I find the time. For now just continue with the animation and don't worry about export.

donut3.5 - What do you mean, I removed the weapons from the models, unless you mean the geosets for the weapons. In that case you may remove them, it's just not something I'm sure of how to do.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

For everyone, if you have a FINISHED animation for your submission and would like a gif for your submission post, I am willing to make it for you. Just post a request for one in this thread, but only for final submissions.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

oh that remins me
can we also add death attack spell walk etc anamantion to it?
or can we olny sumibt one anamtion

You can make as many dancing animations as you wish. Anything not dealing with dancing should not be included in the submission as it will not be accounted for when voting.

i'm done

Ok i'm done whit tree dances, but i still cant export it :cry:
I tryed to use that tool, which converts IK to FK, but it still did't work, probably i'm doing samethink wrong...

I have attached the max file and 3 gifs.

This woud be my final, but i cant export it.....

Attachments

• dancing blade master.max
    338 KB · Views: 91
  • DAncing Blade Master1.gif
    DAncing Blade Master1.gif
    1 MB · Views: 264
  • DAncing Blade Master2.gif
    DAncing Blade Master2.gif
    994.5 KB · Views: 345
  • DAncing Blade Master3.gif
    DAncing Blade Master3.gif
    994.5 KB · Views: 399