• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Allright...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Allright... I made a world map suggestion - tell me what you think :)
Linky linky!
174866-albums3368-picture72560.png

Planet Vika'el:
For the roleplay, where we need a world map. I took the freedom of making one, naming the planet in honor of vKael, but leaving names for the regions and places up to you. Also made several points of interest. See below.
Note that equator runs from north to south in this world, through the western regions, which are all pretty hot :)

1 = Tales from the human cities explain that a few generations ago a huge meteoritte fell from the sky and landed in this lush valley, turning it into a hazardous wasteland, causing volcanic eruptions and all, but that's not all. The essence of a powerful evil being is said to have been caught in the meteoritte, which was unleashed on the impact, and that the being built a huge underground fortress, deep below where the meteoritte had hit, and that all visitors to the fiery wastelands are captured, imprisoned, and finally changed into twisted minions for the evil being. This is only fairytales of course.. or is it?

2 = Many small harbor cities lie among the islands and shores near the capital of the human "newcomers", who settled on planet Vika'el about 10 generations ago.

3 = Somewhere in the prairie-region lies a tall mountain, with a natural tunnel that leads to the other side, where a beautiful long and broad canyon goes for a mile until it reaches the ocean.

Level 19
Hmm, how could I know? You never said anything about his death or his powers, but oh well - I didn't say it was him at all, just somebody evul - and perhaps it's just a fairytale ^^

Oh and maybe the warlord have better things to do than invade a planet, or as you said, is dead :b

Level 19
Allright... I just had an idea for this group, that I think would be kewl to imply :)

That we start using a new feature called chapters. With each chapter, Bern will make up some kind of world event, that will touch all of us players, and everytime a new chapter starts, several new contests are launched, somehow based on that world event (Old contests of course have to end before a new chapter starts). Additionally the group's name should be renamed every time a new chapter starts to "<group name>: Chapter <number>", and the logo changed as well :)

That way, I think it would be more fun to progress through the story together, and the new chapters, with constant fun events and contests will keep life in this group. What do you say? :)

Level 19
While I see your point that it's tiring to be patient for so long, I also know that starting the RP now might not be the smartest idea. Why?
Because the theme of the latest of the current two contests, is introducing your character to the story. Starting the RP already now would make new people not want to enter the contest because their brain will start thinking in the lazy way realizing it takes time to create an artistic product to begin their roleplaying, instead of just writing a couple of lines and get it started right away.
And the current participants will not finish their products because they will enter the story sideways with the contest, and the product that they are working on will get old and outdated, and the outcome of the product will end up spoiled in the roleplaying anyways, so they will simply lose interest in continueing it at all.

I think I can predict your next comment - "Well, fuck contests then, let's just make this a full RP group!", and tho I see a point in that too, I know that by doing that, the group will end up even more inactive than it already is. Because humans like to compete against others, especially when in a friendly atmosphere, and they like the feeling of aiming for a price - and many Hivers are greedy for reputation points, which we can provide. Having new contests all the time combined with a good roleplaying story assures new faces appearing in the group, and the old ones to stick around for longer - and that is basically how a community is kept alive :)

Level 23
*Comes out of the shadow*
Oh come on, I did 3 years of shadow school for this? To find out that someone else already won the war?
*Opens the door*
Screw this, I'm going away. I need to rethink my life.
*Slams the door in anger*

Status
Not open for further replies.