• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] RP #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Brought his up in the other thread, people don't seem to know how this is going to work out.
So yeah, the whiney bitch named Chaosy will bring up some potential problems with #3, hopefully we can agree on something we all prefer.

*Warning, might contain salty and bitchy opinions/comments, do not take it too seriously and simply slap some sense into Chaosy*

When going from RP #1 to #2 we simply jumped ahead in time (40 years) and people were fine with that. However, I see an issue with repeating this for RP #3.

1. By remaining at the same world there will be no new and exciting factions, (some of) the characters will merely change. Many races are even immortal and can't die from age. Such include demons, naga, dragons and elves.

2. This one kind of is the same as number one, but slightly different. Once again, if we remain in the same world with the same factions no new units, no new locations, no new anything really.

3. No villains. Seeing as Sargeras died a while back, there is no major evil dudes that might unite certain factions to fight together.
Now you may be thinking 'I can still ally myself with X to defeat Directive's 17th faction. So this is no issue.'
Newsflash, that's not the same. A major villain give all factions a common goal to work towards. This solves one giant problem I had in RP #2, you have literary no reason to interact with other factions. You may walk to another faction and talk to them in order to get some RP going, but that feels really forced an unnatural, because my faction might not have anything in common with 4/5 out of the factions.
What seemed to happen in RP #2 was that it got divided into small groups that RPed with each other, rather than everyone RPing together.
6961ce6168bde74ab4e85934cd56c74c.png

For the best experience I think it should look like this.
0407fe5c5853975dbf259d0cb082ecaa.png

Possible Solutions:
1. Go to yet another universe

Good points

-Brings fresh air to the RP in more ways than one.
-You don't have to delete your favorite characters nor factions​

Bad points

-Forces the user to read up on a lot of previous events to get a hang on certain things brought up during RP #3
-Does not contain a Warcraft lore villains that people actually want to kill.
2. jump BACK in time rather than forward.

Good points

-Would create history for the 'old' RPs
-Would make a fresh universe with the same vibe as previous RPs
Bad points

-Would have to make sure certain things happen. For example, faction X may not be destroyed since it's used in RP#2.
-Unfair since some beings was alive back then (Archimonde has pretty much existed for an eternity), while other characters are not even born, forcing them to change while others can keep theirs.
3. Revamp the whole RP thing, aka start all over back at Azeroth.

Good points

-Meet characters we all love
-Pre established stuff so we don't have to make shit up, such include zones, cities, races, classes and so on.
Bad points

-Might remind too much of RP#1
-People do not like official lore ( ;) )
4. Make RP #3 in modern time and start over fresh

Good points

-Completely different atmosphere
Bad points

-Not a single character would remain from old RPs
-Many people prefer fantasy over modern themes
5. Make up a completely random scenario and skip factions completely. Example, each user get one character. The character is somehow teleported to a odd labyrinth which he/she and the others have to beat.

Good points

-Character development
-Character interaction
-Requires a 'dungeon master' which I think is a lovely element in RPs
Bad points

-Only one character (this is good in my opinion, but I know others do NOT agree lol )
-likely very short
I think this can bring up some interesting ideas, so don't hold back :D there are likely better ideas than the ones I came up within 5 minutes.

My opinion:

After Kane successfully doomed Vestroya
(by turning it into a Alphtiberianized death world)
, we are forced to retreat to another world.

As fantasy and science meet each other, they have come out with advanced technology with magics, and powerful magics supported by technology. (In short, Science Fantasy aka Sci-Fi + Fantasy)

EDIT: It seems that RP #2 already is Science Fantasy (notice the use of both magic and technology, such as necromancy and cybernetics, arcane magics and construction yard technology, etc.)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I am personally quite against the idea of everyone keeping their factions and characters, it doesn't feel as new, just as just another event in RP #2. Going to call it RP number 3 should indicate that there is a major difference compared to RP #2.

I do understand that one might like a few characters and clearly not want them deleted though, so I agree on that to a very small extent.

Well, that do fix my main concern regarding villains, so that's something.

Level 6
1: I thought that was the plan?

2: No thanks.

3 (Especially),4,5: ;_;

I bet 3,4,5 don't have many fans.

@Chaosy Some characters die, and we can't just detele our factions when starting a new RP.

I also agree with directive.

We never start in Azeroth, we start in a planet name Vestroya. Take that to note.

I prefer the 2nd option, though I have an anti loophole for TMK (erasing TMK but never disrupting DME and Krazil, in a miraculous way of course duh). We are rewriting history, not repeating the damn thing again (though Arkeiz and Nekros will never agree on that one lol).
Option 3 don't have reminiscence of Roleplay #1, almost nothing at all.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I don't know, people didn't seem to be certain.

@Devin
Of course you can. People would not be willing to in most cases though, which I understand. I just happen to dislike recycled content, looking at you CoD.

@Daffa
I assumed it was taking place in Azeroth since Sargeras died and Azeroth is destroyed.

My life is a lie. Proves my point about needing to read a bible in order to catch up with everything xD

An alternate solutuon for the 2nd option :
A specific force (we better make this a joint one) teleports backward in time in a bid to stop all source of war from starting in Vestroya. Though we better make a fixation of where all source of war started, since everyone has different perspective (my view has been seen in Roleplay #2 from Nekros statement).

Option 1 alternative :
Blow up all planets and forces everyone to go to a new planet, simple. Alternate realms, universes, and such are prohibited. Quite a strict one though, and I don't commend it that much.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@daffa
That is hard for me to answer as I basically know nothing about RP #1 / #2

That sounds like the caverns of time in WoW, it can prove really interesting. But as you said, everyone needs to agree on a certain thing to be the source of the war which can be a bit difficult.

That works, Daffa. But then we run into WoD complications, what prevents us from going to reality #123124 if we are in reality #2 ?
Technically speaking we could bring 100 illidans to one single reality.

@Leo
Plz.. now we run into more complications -.-
The nether transcends all realities. That create the biggest plot hole in the history in Warcraft's history -.-
But yeah, it would prove beneficial to you.

P.S.

If we choose Option 2, how about an alternate sequel of RP #1 (aka alternate RP #2)?

Let's say Yuri Prime and his Epsilon betray Deroc and Gazya earlier (before Daffa the Joker commences his crazy plan), but doesn't corrupt Deroc. Deroc and Gazya, with a few allies, manage to destroy Epsilon for good. Jaina, Yuri Prime, Kofi, etc. are permanently killed.

Devil Haruhi and the Regime will instead choose to remain loyal to Deroc and not falling into Xerdoz/Kane's lure, making things difficult to Kane and the Brotherhood of Nod. The Illidari Empire is suffering great financial problems, and chooses to ally with Nod to benefict each other greatly.

Finally, Nod and Illidari surface themselves and start a conquest of Vestroya...

Level 9
@Chaosy
That..is worst then 10 years old peanut butter.... first 49 secs...sure he was a freaking joker who doesnt even know what in the Warcraft(not world) is the nether!!

I'm up for that.

In addition for Directive : The Magic Kingdom (Krazil separates earlier) collapses far earlier with no survivors in their war against Nullmagic, while two men wipes entire Nullmagic to ashes to "balance the game".

A mysterious plan is prepared by the two, with their identity sealed to ensure peace.

==========
Honestly though, that's a bigshot for the current status, the amount of alteration is quite havoc, but I'm ready for all the risk for a better RP.

Level 21
I have emerged from my den to make your heads hurt

. Seeing as Sargeras died a while back,
He actually died a long time ago(back in RP #1)

For the best experience I think it should look like this.
*example image*

That didn't work out too good last time IMO.Besides,its hard to keep everybody happy and keep it hard.

1. Go to yet another universe
I personally prefer this one.

-Does not contain a Warcraft lore villains that people actually want to kill.
Well,neither does RP #2.We almost always created our own villains

2. jump BACK in time rather than forward.
No,just no.

3. Revamp the whole RP thing, aka start all over back at Azeroth.
Plz no.It will upset everybody and make everything we did over the year useless.

4. Make RP #3 in modern time and start over fresh
Same reply as 3

5. Make up a completely random scenario and skip factions completely. Example, each user get one character. The character is somehow teleported to a odd labyrinth which he/she and the others have to beat.
I personally won't complain about this since I already established a strong bond with my char.

After Kane successfully doomed Vestroya (by turning it into a Alphtiberianized death world), we are forced to retreat to another world
What about me then?I'm not on Vestroya.

EDIT: It seems that RP #2 already is Science Fantasy
It is

Going to call it RP number 3 should indicate that there is a major difference compared to RP #2.
I personally want a large change as well which is one of the reasons why i prefer option 1.Especially since I have been developing a universe for about 2 months now which my faction can go to.I already have the reason and means for them to go there as well.

An alternate solutuon for the 2nd option :
A specific force (we better make this a joint one) teleports backward in time in a bid to stop all source of war from starting in Vestroya. Though we better make a fixation of where all source of war started, since everyone has different perspective (my view has been seen in Roleplay #2 from Nekros statement).
I don't really like traveling back in time to change stuff.(Which is why i despise WoD)

Option 1 alternative :
Blow up all planets and forces everyone to go to a new planet, simple. Alternate realms, universes, and such are prohibited. Quite a strict one though, and I don't commend it that much.
First off,we can't just blow up every planet.Secondly,that rule is too strict and will eliminate too much freedom from the RP.Freedom of choice is a very important part of RPing.

If we choose Option 2, how about an alternate sequel of RP #1 (aka alternate RP #2)?
NO,no alternative RPs.I thought we agreed on no more alternative universes and timelines?

If we make alternative, we MUST damned the current plot however. So effectively we don't make alternative, a TOTAL REWRITE to be specific.
Yeah, we agree on that one, I like the concept of alternate, but above statement is addition for my case, a total rewrite which ruins over than half a year of work (RP #2).

In this case, I might end up going with Opt 1 after all.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Out of all things you said WF.. I only found one 'worthy' secton to reply to :p

Plz no.It will upset everybody and make everything we did over the year useless.

Compare Warcraft 3 and 2, how many characters are involved in both? I doubt you will find many. Unless we do something like that, we will not create a sequel but a extended RP #2
There wont be a need for RP #3 tbh

Level 24
Man, this is somehow confusing really,
but for me, I would really really like it all for a new one, a new world, (Actually though, the fun we had on the past will be gone)
no more warcraft related things, your own idea, that kinda stuff.
But I doubt you guys will agree to that, and since I'm much on more confuse on picking, I'd likely go on who wins, what everyone will agree, and I'll go to that,

It's a bit confusing, yeah. But I think we should keep the history intact, so the fun and everything we like from the past two RPs will not be gone.

So, I'll stay with Option 1, but preserve the history.

1) If it's confusing, then why won't we work on a brief history list (chronological list)? I know I've made the Chronicles of Vestroya, but I forgot what happened around the middle-late stage of RP #1 (pg 200-280)

Level 21
So, I'll stay with Option 1, but preserve the history
I'm heavily agreeing with this and am repping you

Also,yeah we need to write the entire happenings of the RPs down.It would be easier if each RPer wrote his own faction's and then somebody merges it into one

So is it safe to assume the decision has been made,new world but story,events,chars,factions etc are the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.