• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guideline to making a unofficial RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Introduction
Hello everybody,hope you are having a good time.
With members showing interest in creating their own unofficial RP and the recent major success of FoW,I decided to make this.
This is my guideline to making a unofficial RP.It includes the rules,tips,restrictions and process for making one.

What is a Unofficial RP?
A unofficial RP is a RP that isn't based off nor greatly related to the official lore and RPs.It is usually more fun and relaxed than the official ones,which is why it's popular and well loved by those that take part in it.

Restrictions
Like all things,unofficial RPs need restrictions in order to avoid conflict,problems and negativity.Luckily,these are few,yet effective.Here they are:

*Only one unofficial RP per player is allowed,unless it's a sequel or prequel
*The unofficial RPs can not be connected to other unofficial RPs,unless it's a sequel or prequel or the owner of the unofficial RP yours is related to gives his permission

These are the two major and most important restrictions of a unofficial RP.We will take a closer look at what not to do next,in the rules section

Rules
Rules are good to prevent chaos and further negativity.While they can be a pain,they are still important,to guide you and to make sure you appeal to everybody's desires.Here are the rules for creating a unofficial RP

*Choose your name carefully.Do not make it anything offensive or inappropriate
*Do not copy another person's RP or make a prequel or sequel to it without their permission
*You must have the approval of at least two RACC members before creating one.
*You must be willing to be a guide and leader to those who are confused
*Your unofficial RP has to be in a language everybody understands
*You may not create a unofficial RP in the same places the official ones take place

WIP

Level 21
It isn't really,take FoW for example.The things of the official RP did happen yet it has no effect on FoW.That's what I meant with not greatly related

*The unofficial RPs can not be connected to other unofficial RPs,unless it's a sequel or prequel
Not necessarily, if both owner agreed, it's possible. I'm thinking of vhaotic level though :p

A unofficial RP is a RP that isn't based off nor greatly related to the official lore and RPs.It is usually more fun and relaxed than the official ones,which is why it's popular and well loved by those that take part in it.
That, or strict as endless chains :p

Status
Not open for further replies.