• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Alliance Ashes

Level 6
I won't tell you cause you're going to remove it and butthurt my playing experience

i'm going to tell you is worth it

Ik many players will spoil the beans here which is understandable

Level 16

VERSION 0.20

New version updated.
Corrective update even if you will find a new map.

You must replay all the campaign to test new chapters.
The next updates will allow you to skip them and directly play the new chapter.

I hope you will like it and I am waiting your feedbacks.
Please, report all bugs you found.

Overall:
Crossbowman are now faster than Archer.
Severals icons fixed.
Heroes gain experience rate decreased.
Wizard model changed.
Sorcerer's League now us their own archer.
New spells for Diana and Draenn.

Prologue:
Terrain reworked. (Intro and Town).
Cinematics improved. (Camera, dialogues, movements...)
Dialogues added to guide you through the town.
Final cinematic remade.

Prelude:
Cinematics reworked. (Camera, dialogues, movements...)
External scenes added (Paladins and Ranger death)
Draenn and Diana meet shortened.

Chapter One:
Little terrain changes.
Button added.
Dialogues fixed.
Peasants will now auto harvest gold.
Base placements changed.
You now gain Catapults after completing Optional Quest.
Undead bases can no longer be rebuild. Most of them can't even be repaired.

Chapter Two:
Minor terrain changes.
Pyrewood Village has now Gilneas textures.
Flint is now a demi-hero unit.
Worgen bases reworked.
Creeps added or moved.
Draenn will no longer dies during Epilogue.
Destroying Worgen buildings will now give you some stuff.
Key quest revamped.
Druid of the Pack are now much more stronger.

Chapter Three:
Minor terrain changes in Ambermill.
Heroes game caches should work properly now (To test)
Some narrow paths enlarged.
Shipyard cinematics has now special effect while Dalvengyr remove trees.
Crypt Fiend first attacks against AI is now stronger.
Quests and dialogues have now same texts.
A first wave has been added.
Archer and Crossbowman can now use fire arrows.

Interlude One:
Released.

Level 16
Nope.
I wanted to upload the .20 earlier, therefore I wrote the changelogs.
But, more things were to do before, so I waited few days without remove the changelog.

Level 9
I had a few problems on Chapter 3.

- The Yellow AI attack waves was slightly broken. They would move to the very back of the base, trying to go through trees, and would get stuck, and eventually clump up. They would move like they were going to attack, but turn right back around.
- The third main quest never popped up. I just went and destroyed all the bases and it completed it on screen, but in the quest log, it never showed up, so I'm not sure what I had to do to trigger it
- There's no intro screen. It's just a melee map intro, and then it goes into the cinematic

Last edited:
Level 16
- It happens sometimes. You can either kill some units to debug them or cut trees. However, I will remove some trees in the 0.21.
- Should be fixed now.
- ... I hate myself.

0.21 available in first page.

Level 6
Damn i finally finish this campaign and that was wow

now i really want to see Where Jennalla Deemspring and Dalar Dawnweaver would join the banshee queen or join the Alliance :)

Okay maybe this is a cannon campaign with your twist that's fine

Level 16
Hello guys.

Sorry, but I have not worked since a while on this campaign.
However, with the new patch... I will surely make a come back :)

++

Level 16
Actually, this patch is not yet fonctional.
PTR means Public Team Realm I think

I am waiting for a standard one. Something that works for everyone. No worries ;)

Level 16
Hello everyone.

Few months has passed since the last update, indeed. I was quite motivated by others things... However, the new patch gave me motivation and I come today with an update.

Overall:
PATCH 1.29. You need this version to play the campaign.
Bobahan has been renamed Emmerlan. This change does not alter the story.
New colors for some factions.
Fire Arrow no longer cost mana but have a longer couldown.

Prelude:
New model for Magronor.
Adding some triggers for Brill's guards.
Improving southern's road.

Prologue:
New color for Ranger Corp.
Minor changes.

Chapter One:
Minor bugs fixes.
Added few guards at Ambermill to prevent rush.

Chapter Two:
New entrance for an undead base.
Change color of Pyrewood faction.

Chapter Three:
New colors for Nerubian & Dark Ranger.
Nerubian Army no longer uses ghouls.

Chapter Four:
Skipped.

Chapter Five:
Released

I count on you to find every bugs, and please, correct my grammar :p
Reminder: The campaign is in development which means, there are bugs. I need you to find them to fix them. Any suggestion is welcome too.

The next chapter will be quite different in gameplay, so I have really no idea how and when it will be released.

Enjoy!

Level 6
Hello everyone.

Few months has passed since the last update, indeed. I was quite motivated by others things... However, the new patch gave me motivation and I come today with an update.

Overall:
PATCH 1.29. You need this version to play the campaign.
Bobahan has been renamed Emmerlan. This change does not alter the story.
New colors for some factions.
Fire Arrow no longer cost mana but have a longer couldown.

Prelude:
New model for Magronor.
Adding some triggers for Brill's guards.
Improving southern's road.

Prologue:
New color for Ranger Corp.
Minor changes.

Chapter One:
Minor bugs fixes.
Added few guards at Ambermill to prevent rush.

Chapter Two:
New entrance for an undead base.
Change color of Pyrewood faction.

Chapter Three:
New colors for Nerubian & Dark Ranger.
Nerubian Army no longer uses ghouls.

Chapter Four:
Skipped.

Chapter Five:
Released

I count on you to find every bugs, and please, correct my grammar :p
Reminder: The campaign is in development which means, there are bugs. I need you to find them to fix them. Any suggestion is welcome too.

The next chapter will be quite different in gameplay, so I have really no idea how and when it will be released.

Enjoy!

Yay it's been so long!!!

Now we going to test it

Level 9
There are still a few instances where it says Bobahan. In Chapter 2, I never got the sidequest, even though when I killed all the Worgen, it completed it. Chapter 3, the cache didn't save Draenn, so all my items, tomes, and skill points didn't transfer.

EDIT: In the missions, at least up until chapter 3, we can build a church, we can't make anything cause we can't get a castle. And in Chapter 3, where we do have a castle, we can't build a church. Also in Chapter 3, the mission Resistance doesn't really have an objective, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Also, the end cinematic in Chapter 3 is messed up, it keeps repeating

Last edited:
Level 6
Okay here it go again
XC

Chapter one
Well it's good but there is one sentence it caught me off guard

Why captain Drenn said the last sentence at the last cinematic?
"hope bobahan is gone"
instead of a new name?
i think you forget to edit it laddie

The interlude
It's seem you somewhat connected to Jennalla Deemspring from the warcraft 3 frozen throne eh :D?
but everything is all good

Chapter one
Nice colors though but have one question though
Why the building option about church and then i can't get crusaders and fanaticm?
Ummm nice to make the enemy kinda medium

Chapter two
Same problem but kinda puzzle of why their is a building options of church even though i can't recruit them unless i use "synergy" to get them only just build for decorate building :/ (Even though i like it :D:p)

Chapter 3
Have the castle but no holy church? great bless my soul of not recruit the crusader :eek::(
When i load the game the mage spell just when to "slow, firebolt, wave" into "3,2,1 but opposite :eek:
Umm i think i can somewhat a help i grammar about diana sentence where the shipyard is destroy "We are too late... etc"

Chapter 5
Well it took many attempts to break through that defense however i expect to be more a defensive of andorhal.
It took me another attempt to save all the units (yes i love saving units to not train the new units)

Overall is all good but the bobahan legacy never leave huh?

Last edited:
Level 6
There are still a few instances where it says Bobahan. In Chapter 2, I never got the sidequest, even though when I killed all the Worgen, it completed it. Chapter 3, the cache didn't save Draenn, so all my items, tomes, and skill points didn't transfer.

EDIT: In the missions, at least up until chapter 3, we can build a church, we can't make anything cause we can't get a castle. And in Chapter 3, where we do have a castle, we can't build a church. Also in Chapter 3, the mission Resistance doesn't really have an objective, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Also, the end cinematic in Chapter 3 is messed up, it keeps repeating

Mine is working if you have the latest patch
ummm the mission is about quick destroy the enemy and then you have to defend against waves of waves of massive undead forces near of ambermill

Level 16
Bobahan legacy has been removed :D

@Verb8im Normally, you must have met the Worgen + visited a little village burned. The combo launch the quest. Have you done that?
The cache is loaded just before the "Victory". Have you skipped the epilogue or something?

Church has been removed from the first threes missions, sorry. You were supposed to unlock it in chapter five :p

@OblivionDeadra Yes. Jennalla, Magroth, Edmunson, Dalar... Quite a lot of heroes are taken from original WC3 adding stories. In fact, I wanted to name Draenn "Thornby" because the story fits perfectly with this character ^^.

I will look forward the spells... Kinda strange. Chapter Three too.

About Chapter Five, I'm not sure of what you say. You want me to increase the difficulty?

Level 16
Well, I tried myself and cache is loaded correctly... Mmh. The cache is saved two times now, just in case.

Level 6
Bobahan legacy has been removed :D

@Verb8im Normally, you must have met the Worgen + visited a little village burned. The combo launch the quest. Have you done that?
The cache is loaded just before the "Victory". Have you skipped the epilogue or something?

Church has been removed from the first threes missions, sorry. You were supposed to unlock it in chapter five :p

@OblivionDeadra Yes. Jennalla, Magroth, Edmunson, Dalar... Quite a lot of heroes are taken from original WC3 adding stories. In fact, I wanted to name Draenn "Thornby" because the story fits perfectly with this character ^^.

I will look forward the spells... Kinda strange. Chapter Three too.

About Chapter Five, I'm not sure of what you say. You want me to increase the difficulty?

What i meant in chapter 5 "however i expect to be more a defensive of andorhal."
To be more undead defenders that are inside and outside the ruins. The 3 undead bases are fine (Plague overseer, cult of the dammed, undead knight order). What i'm trying to say is more either undead creeps or undead defenders inside of Andorhal you know andorhal started the plague so it would make sense if they're zombies, skeletons, ghouls roaming and patrolling on andorhal

And i forgot to mention the road is kinda umm no undead creeps or defender from the other side (like the road that leds to the graveyard how about more bandits that patrol on the road?

Level 6
And i would to add Don't put the defenders with abomination just zombies and ghouls and ghost

Lore Reason

Many citizen of Andorhal is the first to be get plague (Hope i get it right) and after it was plague and many people die. It would make sense their will be roaming ghost and zombies, ghouls eating corpse, Necromaner do their summoning ish? while the road is filling with ambush ghouls or zombies or simply bandits that are hiding.

Level 9
I did a playthough of the campaign and reached the end of what you can currently play. I have to say that the action in it is quite friendly to the official Warcraft story line. In its current state the campaign missions range from easy to difficult so you need to keep your guard up since the AI tends to rebuild it's base and attack when you least expect it.
Sadly the english editing is terrible. The dialogues make little sense (ex: "What hapen hear" when Draenn asks a soldier about burning bodies) in some cases while on other occasions the lines are too flat and direct giving characters little to no identity during the story. Sufficed to say there's a LOT of text that needs editing but on the whole I enjoyed the maps and what they offer in terms of planning.
This is a little list of what I encountered while I played the missions in a single string:
- At the end mission cinematic of Mission 2, Draenn is missing from the scene even though he talks with Flint and the Blood Elf priest.
- Draenn was stripped of all his items in Mission 3. He also didn't have all the bonus stats from the tomes I collected in Chapter 2. Diana retained her level and the one item I picked up on her though.
- When you encounter the Dread Lord in Mission 3 near the shore one of the footmen is facing the wrong way using guard during the cinematic.

Level 16
I didn't see your message @The_Messenger, sorry.

Well, about english. YES. IT'S BADLY written. It is not my native language (like many people though) and many expressions are hard to translate.
This writing does not help for the characters and find an identity. And it is hard for me to develop their personalities too.

About difficulties, yes. It's progressive. Th campaign is not finished yet, it will be harder later.

Thank for the bug reports!

About the campaign, I just updated to 1.30. I will see if there are no bugs with that.
I am currently working on chapter six which will be quite different than usual. As I am not that good at terraining, it takes time.

Level 6
I didn't see your message @The_Messenger, sorry.

Well, about english. YES. IT'S BADLY written. It is not my native language (like many people though) and many expressions are hard to translate.
This writing does not help for the characters and find an identity. And it is hard for me to develop their personalities too.

About difficulties, yes. It's progressive. Th campaign is not finished yet, it will be harder later.

Thank for the bug reports!

About the campaign, I just updated to 1.30. I will see if there are no bugs with that.
I am currently working on chapter six which will be quite different than usual. As I am not that good at terraining, it takes time.

Ohh well take your time good sir :)

Level 16
While I was testing the campaign, I just noticed how colorful were the Undead lol.

Even if colors are made to differientate the enemies such as :
Green is DK or Dreadlords (elite melee)
Purple stands for Cult (necromancer)
Wheat or peach equals to Wretched
Teal is for magic (mix of Cult and Wretched)
Dark Blue = Nerubians (mid melee)
Orange : weak faction

+ pale green (idk the true name btw) does not have really sense...

SO.
What would you prefer?
Keep main colors like purple, green and orange for everyone. (I need atleast threes colors to distinguish quests.)

Or just use many colors. There are 24 colors now afterall!

Level 6
While I was testing the campaign, I just noticed how colorful were the Undead lol.

Even if colors are made to differientate the enemies such as :
Green is DK or Dreadlords (elite melee)
Purple stands for Cult (necromancer)
Wheat or peach equals to Wretched
Teal is for magic (mix of Cult and Wretched)
Dark Blue = Nerubians (mid melee)
Orange : weak faction

+ pale green (idk the true name btw) does not have really sense...

SO.
What would you prefer?
Keep main colors like purple, green and orange for everyone. (I need atleast threes colors to distinguish quests.)

Or just use many colors. There are 24 colors now afterall!

Well i pick the first option hehe

Level 3
Hello Tuwnew, I played your campaign and here is my review so far:

1. CAMPAIGN DESCRIPTION: "LEFT FEND FOR THEMSELVES, THE ALLIANCE IS NOW UNDER THE .... (it cuts, no more description)
2. HAMMER BLAST TOOLTIP IN FRENCH
3. PRELUDE AN ALLIANCE MEETING: LEADING HIS FORCES FROM DALARAN RUINS, HE HAS BECOME THE MOST... (it cuts, no more description)
4. CHAPTER ONE DESCRIPTION: "BLOOD ELVES" REPLACE FOR "HIGH ELVES". (and every other part were blood elves are mentioned, there are still high elves)
5. CHAPTER ONE: HOLY CHURCH SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BE BUILD, YOU CAN'T BUILD ANY UNITS BECAUSE OF THE CASTLE UPGRADE.
6. CHAPTER TWO: HERO INCREASES LEVEL TOO QUICK
7. CHAPTER THREE: ITEMS ARE NOT SAVED, SO I ANGER AND QUIT (i'm going to retake it in a while:))

VERY GOOD CAMPAIGN SO FAR, I REALLY LIKED HOW GOES THE STORY. MAYBE YOU SHOULD ADD A MISSION BEETWEN CHAPTER TWO AND THREE, WERE YOU PLAY WITH DIANA. THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING.
I SUGGEST TO ADD SOME HIDDEN SECRETS IN THE MAPS, THERE IS A LOT OF SPACE THAT IS TAKEN BY TREES THAT COULD BE A SPOT FOR AN ITEM OR A BOSS.
THE DIALOGS ARE GOOD, I CAN UNDERSTAND THE STORY VERY WELL, BUT THEY LACK CONTENT. MAYBE ADDING SOME LORE TO THE CONVERSATIONS, OR SOME THOUGHT OR FEELING FROM THE MAIN CHARACTERS WOULD BE NICE. (sorry for caps, i didn't realize until it was done, don't want to write everything again)

Level 16
Thanks for your feeback.

I think map description depends of your screen. I guess I will shortcuts them.
Hammer blast fixed.

About Blood Elves, do you mean it's "High elves" which is written? I only found "Blood Elves".
And they are already Blood Elves since it's Kael'Thas who made this decision and then joined the Alliance.

Holy Church removed yes.

Chapter Two, okay.

Do you mean your hero was not saved between Chap 2 and Chap 3, or between Chap 3 and the next one?

I keep all of your suggestions :)

Level 3
Thanks for your feeback.

I think map description depends of your screen. I guess I will shortcuts them.
Hammer blast fixed.

About Blood Elves, do you mean it's "High elves" which is written? I only found "Blood Elves".
And they are already Blood Elves since it's Kael'Thas who made this decision and then joined the Alliance.

Holy Church removed yes.

Chapter Two, okay.

Do you mean your hero was not saved between Chap 2 and Chap 3, or between Chap 3 and the next one?

I keep all of your suggestions :)

Hi, thank you for your quick response :)

Oh ok, so they are Blood Elves from chapter 1, I'm having trouble remembering when they are auto proclaimed Blood Elves, is it when you find Kael and his caravan in the TFT night elf campaign? (when you travel to lordaeron with Maiev?)

Yeah I mean between Chap 2 and Chap 3, also between Chap 3 and Chap 4

And I just recently played Chapter four and I found a little bug:
when you find the scarlet crusade boss, the scarlet hero runs away from the cinematic and attack the gnolls that are nearby. I don't know if is intendended.

Level 16
I am not really sure, but when Arthas left Quel'Thalas after the corruption of the Sunwell, Kael'Thas leave Dalaran and do some stuff with sunwell (I am not sure about it, but I think he destroyed it to remake it). It's at this moment they choose to be the Blood Elves.
And it's only after he joined Garithos.
In timeline, Chapter One (of this campaign) is at the same time of Chapter One Misconceptions (TFT)

Ok so cache is broken as hell.
I wonder how it work with me lmao.

It was a bug, thanks.

Level 16
You will find new building for a small faction later.
I eventually could use Gilnean buildings at chapter two.
But I don't see real purpose or have models in mind for this.

Any suggestions ?

Level 16
Hey guys.

I just wanted to tell you I haven't made much progress on the next chapter.
In fact, I am currently improving every chapters already made.
So far, Prologue, Prelude and Chapter One received random improvements this two weeks.
@The_Messenger is also helping the whole project by providing decent writing to all the maps. (You know my english...). Big up to him.

Therefore, I will probably release 0.35 like next week to get news. Chapter Three is broken (but fixed for months, and you can't see this lol), caches too...
So yep, it will be easier to detect current errors.
I will then go back to Chapter Six.

Stay tuned.