1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Alliance Ashes

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Tuwnew, Oct 15, 2017.

1. PackieMagnatar

PackieMagnatar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Tuwnew, this is an image of a bug in chapter 3 or 2 don't remember very well.

This happen when you build something here: WC3ScrnShot_102118_213846_02.png WC3ScrnShot_102118_213805_01.png Model from major Draenn doesn't show.

2. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    @PackieMagnatar
    Thanks for reporting this.
    I will check.

Was he present just before? Against Arugal.

3. PackieMagnatar

PackieMagnatar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes he was.

4. Mikall

Mikall

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I´ve just finished the campaign and I have to say it´s great and I hope you will continue with the developement.
    The biggest problem for me was that there are lot of units with the same role.
    For example footman, elite footman, knights and paladins all fulfill the tank role and you just use the strongest available.
    Same problem with crosbowman and bowman - crosbows are just superior.
    So I thought that maybe you should have a core army available on every mission (footies, bowman, chaplains and catapults) and the rest would depend on your current allies.
    So in Chap. 1 you would get mage units after rescuing them. Chap. 2 you would be able to train elite lordaeron units and later some blood elves but not mages because they are with Diana and so on.
    It would reinforce the feeling that human army is just a remnant of its former power and its resources and allies are very scarce compared to undead. And it´s more unique mechanic and that´s always great.
    Also and i don´t know if this is a good idea but maybe you should limit the amount of those ´allied´ units you can train to comliment that feeling even more.
    That would allow you to make them more powerful and unique.

Some other problems
    In Chap. 3 there is a bug where just outside of the last human outpost is a group of neutral undead units
    Also Draen´s Empowerment is a bit underwhelming. I think you should increase the healing it does because now the healing its weaker the of unholly aura
    The optional quest in last mission seems a bit pointless because you still need to cut through the enemy bases and i believe the outce i you have the quest or not is the same
    The writing in prelude needs some work
    Oh and is the bandit base in Chap. 3 an easteregg or is something supposed to happen?

5. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

Yes, it's something I planned to change.
    For example, in the next update, the Elite Footman will be revamped.
    Also, Crossbowman are supposed to be upgraded Bowman, since it costs more.

About Knight and Paladin, they do not share the same role.
    You don't have to make a full army of Paladins but only have to use one as a support (Fanatism), along knights.

I am planning to add what you said for the next missions, when your tech-tree is fully "discovered".
    Draenn will keep the standard units (Foot/Bow/Crossman, Chaplain, Mage and Wizard + Catapult) and only get some special units.

This system will be available sometimes. Also, when you can't choose, you directly have your special building, like in Chapter Five, you are playing as the Holy Knight Order, and therefore have their units.

Draenn Ability is weird. It's my first custom spell, so I was not sure of what I wanted. For now, the ability is really useful on heroes. But I will certainly change this later.
    The Prelude will certainly be revamped since I planned to add chapters between Prologue and Prelude, but more as "flashback".

At first, in this chapter, you were really supposed to reach Fenris Isle. So I made a small island. But yeah, in the end, you don't reach it. So I just added bandits for some reasons. Nothing in particular.

6. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like the idea of revamping it but to be honest. I kinda dont like it the whole choosing what faction you should focus on but you're making your enemy in a high advantage.

Example if I choose an engineering choices somehow it affected the ai and focuses on siege weapon like 3 or 5 meat wagon attack your defense.

Or if I choose an wizardry choice then they will just focus on spellcaster that would nullified it.

Or the knighthood but the enemy swarm them with absurd numbers and damage just to overwhelm them

I'm not against it and Im cool with it. I find it interesting.

Why not make a options mission. Like a band of elite footman are captured and need of rescue?.

7. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you don't like it, but you did it.
    In Chapter Four, you have your techtree as you have chosen "Knightwood".

This path unlocks only two units.
    For example, in Wizardry, you gain Sorcerer, an unit only Sorcerer's League used for now.

8. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    A quick note to let you I am currently working on the project.

The second Interlude and Chapter Seven are finished so far.
    I want to finish Chapter Six before making another release.

Also, you can find here my album where I post some sneaky pics sometimes.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/media/albums/alliance-ashes.9546/

9. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Been following the production of this campaign for a while. Have to say, I've enjoyed playing it so far. I'll wait until the whole thing's released though before I pick it up again. Really good work by the way! The only thing I simply have to complain about is the dialogue. It feels a bit too weird sometimes but I know that you're probably reworking the dialogue as you go along making the campaign so I'm not too worried about that.

Again, great work!

10. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your reply @SgtWinter

The dialogues are often edited, yes. I write a draft that @The_Messenger edits and improves and I think it is really good.
    English is not my native language, it's a bit harder to find the mistakes for me. Do you have any examples of what sounds wrong to you?

11. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:

This is odd since the dialogues are proofed before officially being added into the campaign's story. Of course there's always room to edit and further improve the texts.
    Would have been good if you provided examples and arguments regarding what exactly you found out to be "weird".

12. badest

badest

Resources:
    Resources:
    HAVE HARD difficulty?

13. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is only one difficulty for now. Judge by yourself if it's hard enough =)

14. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

Here comes an update. You can download the new version at the first page.

Overall:

Diana
    New ability : Arcane Pillar.
    Deals instant damages and on duration, slow down targeted unit for a short time.
    Replaces Frost Nova.
    New ability: Devastating Fire
    Replaces Blizzard.

Elite Footman: revamped.
    Renamed Defender. Has "Block" instead of Critical Strike.
    HP slightly increased, damages decreased.

Sorcerer: renamed Spellweaver.
    Has a new model. Trained in a new building.

Mage: nerfed.
    Wave - 20s couldown (instead of 8), costs 150 mana (instead of 100) and deals 600 damages maximum (instead of 900).

Sergeants: improved.
    Each sergeant is now unique and can no longer be possessed (it was quite embarassing).

Chaplain : edited.
    New model. Old one still used by Scarlet faction.

AI summoned units will now follow their attacking wave.
    Improved skies.
    Several tooltip updated.
    All spellcasters have now fixed icons (upgrades).
    New building for the Sorcerer's League (Magic Spire).
    Fixed a global issue while loading a save game.

Prologue:
    Intro description reduced a bit. (Was too long)

Prelude:
    Jennalla is now killed by Dark Ranger Corps (aka Sylvanas).
    Grim Thunderbrew should now have his hero glow.

Chapter One:
    Edited optional quest description.
    Edited a bit Sorcerer's League base.

Chapter Two:
    Fixed an issue where Draenn was absent of the cinematics.
    Terrain improved a bit.

Chapter Three:
    Fixed those Death Knight Order neutral units.
    Fixed a few bugs.

Chapter Four:
    Still skipped :3

Chapter Five:
    Scarlet Base defenses increased a bit.
    The AI now works properly.

Chapter Six:
    Released.

Interlude Two:
    Released.

Chapter Seven:
    Released.

Do not hesitate to give a review and what you think of theses 3 new maps.
    Some changes have been made to techtree and heroes. If you have suggestions, I am listening.

Please report if you encounter any bugs or "weird stuff".

15. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alliance Ashes Review

I skip the chapter 1 to 5 cause i already play it hehe

Chapter Six

Well it is surprise to be sure but a welcome one that one chapter we control as an undead eh? well this is getting interesting

Side Note: Basically i use charm to muster my forces from the outskirt road where edmuson and his knight going through

I feel bad for killing Edmurson but have no choice though

- One of the corrupted footman that i control try to do an attack order by itself. the cause is i reload the game and thats why?

Edit: Actully when i order attack with my "Corrupted" forces they just idk went to their original position :p

It was good

interlude is okay

but when teh interlude ends and trying start the next chapter it just crash

Chapter 7

It took me a long time to realize the vandemar village is actually the same village in the undead campaign chapter 1 tho but expanded

So far the spelling errors are "shifting" not sifting the ashes
    "Find and Rescue" not Find anf

again i haven't play the prolouge to chapter 5

Soo far it's good

but there is one thing im puzzle when comes to murloc creeps why the rewards are random? like the first are crystal ball and then i restart it (Cause of the options choices) and the creep drop a greater portion :p

16. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    In fact, you can fail the quest :p

Weird. Was it for ALL footmen, or only somes? If only somes, which one?

Weird again. It crashes during loading or right during loading?
    What is your version of the game?

Good catch :p
    To be honest, this chapter was first planned as a bonus mission.

I wanted to be random, like in a melee. But I guess the items dropped are not that good.
    Will change that.

Thanks for your review!

17. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    the starting unit in the cinematic where Derethoc use his spell to "Persuasion" the three units (Defender and two footman)
    That's not all whenever i convert a unit and accidentally use attack order on the ground they just went back to their former position which are

Central tents
    Catapult area
    mining base

Right during the loading
    and the version i'm using is 1.30.2.10378 Public test
    (Which is btw i hate it cause it is the main reason of why the interlude just got either went black screen and didn't go for the next chapter and have to forces to exit the game and start a new chapter or just freeze)

One thing i'm complaining about is whatever i destroy an undead base it doesn't feel rewarding say the less
    (Not saying you should have like crown of kings or very uber item. I mean like tomes and resources as a reward :p)

Okay here's my additional review

Prelude

*Sigh* again the end of the cutscene that i mention before is killing me *Damn the 1.30 ish interlude problem*

Ooof okay tbh i really hate to make a request but can you somehow create an secret area like little timmy :p
    or anything that might be useful for the latest update

*Still playing at chapter 1 good sir*

18. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay thanks. It's fixed for the next update.

I don't really know what I can do :/
    Can't you update the game?

True. But at last, they no longer attack you :p
    Will see what I can do.

I will revamp the prologue. I can probably add some easter eggs!

19. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    How's this campaign going?

20. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Slow progress it seems. Should be reaching its near ending scenes and Tuwnew had big plans for the near ending missions. Overall it will take time since it's only one person doing all of the scripting and triggers.