• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Alliance Ashes

Level 9
Been following the production of this campaign for a while. Have to say, I've enjoyed playing it so far. I'll wait until the whole thing's released though before I pick it up again. Really good work by the way! The only thing I simply have to complain about is the dialogue. It feels a bit too weird sometimes but I know that you're probably reworking the dialogue as you go along making the campaign so I'm not too worried about that.

Again, great work!

This is odd since the dialogues are proofed before officially being added into the campaign's story. Of course there's always room to edit and further improve the texts.
Would have been good if you provided examples and arguments regarding what exactly you found out to be "weird".

Level 16
Hello,

Here comes an update. You can download the new version at the first page.

Overall:

Diana
New ability : Arcane Pillar.
Deals instant damages and on duration, slow down targeted unit for a short time.
Replaces Frost Nova.
New ability: Devastating Fire
Replaces Blizzard.

Elite Footman: revamped.
Renamed Defender. Has "Block" instead of Critical Strike.
HP slightly increased, damages decreased.

Sorcerer: renamed Spellweaver.
Has a new model. Trained in a new building.

Mage: nerfed.
Wave - 20s couldown (instead of 8), costs 150 mana (instead of 100) and deals 600 damages maximum (instead of 900).

Sergeants: improved.
Each sergeant is now unique and can no longer be possessed (it was quite embarassing).

Chaplain : edited.
New model. Old one still used by Scarlet faction.

AI summoned units will now follow their attacking wave.
Improved skies.
Several tooltip updated.
All spellcasters have now fixed icons (upgrades).
New building for the Sorcerer's League (Magic Spire).
Fixed a global issue while loading a save game.

Prologue:
Intro description reduced a bit. (Was too long)

Prelude:
Jennalla is now killed by Dark Ranger Corps (aka Sylvanas).
Grim Thunderbrew should now have his hero glow.

Chapter One:
Edited optional quest description.
Edited a bit Sorcerer's League base.

Chapter Two:
Fixed an issue where Draenn was absent of the cinematics.
Terrain improved a bit.

Chapter Three:
Fixed those Death Knight Order neutral units.
Fixed a few bugs.

Chapter Four:
Still skipped :3

Chapter Five:
Scarlet Base defenses increased a bit.
The AI now works properly.

Chapter Six:
Released.

Interlude Two:
Released.

Chapter Seven:
Released.

Do not hesitate to give a review and what you think of theses 3 new maps.
Some changes have been made to techtree and heroes. If you have suggestions, I am listening.

Please report if you encounter any bugs or "weird stuff".

Level 6
Alliance Ashes Review

I skip the chapter 1 to 5 cause i already play it hehe

Chapter Six

Well it is surprise to be sure but a welcome one that one chapter we control as an undead eh? well this is getting interesting

Side Note: Basically i use charm to muster my forces from the outskirt road where edmuson and his knight going through

I feel bad for killing Edmurson but have no choice though

- One of the corrupted footman that i control try to do an attack order by itself. the cause is i reload the game and thats why?

Edit: Actully when i order attack with my "Corrupted" forces they just idk went to their original position :p

It was good

interlude is okay

but when teh interlude ends and trying start the next chapter it just crash

Chapter 7

It took me a long time to realize the vandemar village is actually the same village in the undead campaign chapter 1 tho but expanded

So far the spelling errors are "shifting" not sifting the ashes
"Find and Rescue" not Find anf

again i haven't play the prolouge to chapter 5

Soo far it's good

but there is one thing im puzzle when comes to murloc creeps why the rewards are random? like the first are crystal ball and then i restart it (Cause of the options choices) and the creep drop a greater portion :p

Level 16
I feel bad for killing Edmurson but have no choice though
In fact, you can fail the quest :p

- One of the corrupted footman that i control try to do an attack order by itself. the cause is i reload the game and thats why?

Edit: Actully when i order attack with my "Corrupted" forces they just idk went to their original position :p
Weird. Was it for ALL footmen, or only somes? If only somes, which one?

but when teh interlude ends and trying start the next chapter it just crash
Weird again. It crashes during loading or right during loading?
What is your version of the game?

It took me a long time to realize the vandemar village is actually the same village in the undead campaign chapter 1 tho but expanded
Good catch :p
To be honest, this chapter was first planned as a bonus mission.

but there is one thing im puzzle when comes to murloc creeps why the rewards are random? like the first are crystal ball and then i restart it (Cause of the options choices) and the creep drop a greater portion :p
I wanted to be random, like in a melee. But I guess the items dropped are not that good.
Will change that.

Thanks for your review!

Level 6
Weird. Was it for ALL footmen, or only somes? If only somes, which one?

the starting unit in the cinematic where Derethoc use his spell to "Persuasion" the three units (Defender and two footman)
That's not all whenever i convert a unit and accidentally use attack order on the ground they just went back to their former position which are

Central tents
Catapult area
mining base

Weird again. It crashes during loading or right during loading?
What is your version of the game?

Right during the loading
and the version i'm using is 1.30.2.10378 Public test
(Which is btw i hate it cause it is the main reason of why the interlude just got either went black screen and didn't go for the next chapter and have to forces to exit the game and start a new chapter or just freeze)

One thing i'm complaining about is whatever i destroy an undead base it doesn't feel rewarding say the less
(Not saying you should have like crown of kings or very uber item. I mean like tomes and resources as a reward :p)

Okay here's my additional review

Prelude

*Sigh* again the end of the cutscene that i mention before is killing me *Damn the 1.30 ish interlude problem*

Ooof okay tbh i really hate to make a request but can you somehow create an secret area like little timmy :p
or anything that might be useful for the latest update

*Still playing at chapter 1 good sir*

Level 16
the starting unit in the cinematic where Derethoc use his spell to "Persuasion" the three units (Defender and two footman)
That's not all whenever i convert a unit and accidentally use attack order on the ground they just went back to their former position which are

Central tents
Catapult area
mining base
Okay thanks. It's fixed for the next update.

Right during the loading
and the version i'm using is 1.30.2.10378 Public test
(Which is btw i hate it cause it is the main reason of why the interlude just got either went black screen and didn't go for the next chapter and have to forces to exit the game and start a new chapter or just freeze)
I don't really know what I can do :/
Can't you update the game?

One thing i'm complaining about is whatever i destroy an undead base it doesn't feel rewarding say the less
(Not saying you should have like crown of kings or very uber item. I mean like tomes and resources as a reward :p)
True. But at last, they no longer attack you :p
Will see what I can do.

Ooof okay tbh i really hate to make a request but can you somehow create an secret area like little timmy :p
or anything that might be useful for the latest update

*Still playing at chapter 1 good sir*
I will revamp the prologue. I can probably add some easter eggs!

Level 16
I am currently not working on the project.

But as The_Messenger, yes, I have plans for the next chapters. I can say that they are even... too big.

Level 16
I did only a little work on it, tbh.
Quite busy theses days, and when I have free time, I don't spend it on warcraft 3.

However, I am considering new kind of mission instead of "building a base and destroy X" which happens quite often.

Level 9
hi i had an idea for chapter 4 you can make it about the archmage and the darkranger after they have freed from the lich king control and the start to search for that one who could help them

Have you played all of the missions that are currently available?

Dalar and Jennalla are supporting characters, the story isn't exactly about them but they do play a role in the overall action. Dalar has a bit more of a presence compared to Jennalla. Though you might not get to play as them, you'll bump into them every now and then.

Level 16
I have not planned to make them playable, yet.

As The_Messenger said, they will appears from time to time.
For now, both of them appeared in Prelude, Chapter Three and Chapter Five. Dalar appears in Chapter Seven too.

Level 9
and i will be waiting for the surprise

Well as far as we've seen, Tuwnew mixes up the maps so you won't get bored or detached from the campaign's action and story. There are a lot of clasic maps (build a base and beat your enemy), personally I liked Ambermill and Andorhal the most out of everything he made official until now.

Level 16
I had a break from Wc3 recently, plus some health problems, so I didn't worked a lot.

About Chapter Eight, I have yet the terrain to finish. I would say 70% is done so far.
All the triggers remains though.
Also, I have to polish some details in the scenario.

However, since I was stuck on this chapter, I continued and the next Interlude is almost finished.
Chapter Nine terrain is on going too, since I have inspirations.

I worked also on techtrees for incoming subfactions.
There will be three new units for a new building in the main faction.
I am still thinking about a new playable faction for one chapter, but I might scrap it.
Finally, a new enemy faction is nearly finished.

Don't expect them to be really differents though, that's mainly derivatives.

Level 9
That's odd. My game is patched with 1.31.1 and I haven't had issues with maps. Oh there's a crash every once in a while on some maps because of some loading assets but I haven't had problems with Alliance Ashes when I replay the missions.

Level 16
Yes, there is one crash I can't identify, specially in Chapter Seven.
If you have informations about it.

Giving a date is difficult.
I would say for February holidays, chapter nine included.

What are your current issues? I play with 1.31.

Level 9
any news about the campaign

Well these are the holidays, Christmas just passed and New Year's only a few days away, so people that do celebrate them like to spend time with family or relax. I doubt Tuwnew spent his time working on his hobby rather than relax.
I'm sure if something new does come up, Tuwnew lets people know when he posts on the forum.

Level 7
i really love this campaign i hope you finish it soon cause it has great potential i have played it sevral times and its awesome

Level 16
Hello everyone,

I wanted to explain where was this project going. I didn't knew it but... It has been more than one year without any updates. So here it is.
I have uploaded a new version of the campaign (0.60) with one new chapter.

I have plans for the future of this campaign, but as you can see, it takes times. To be honest, it's not really complicated but I have many others things to do and Warcraft III is not my priority at all. I still work on it from time to time.

As always, special thanks to @The_Messenger who helped with the dialogues.

Have a great day,

Overall:
Several characters received a special item undroppable.

Draenn: new ability
Shield Bash (credits to DEB1234)
-> Replaces Shock Wave.
Empowerment renamed as Divine Balance.
Can no longer be used on enemy units. Mana cost set to 75.

Diana:
Devastating Fire:
Mana cost increased to 300 instead of 200.
Couldown increase by 60s.

Fixed tooltips (Barracks, Bowman, Crossbowman, Fire Arrows and Spellweaver, Arcanist, Wizards upgrades)
Increased Crossbowman range by 50. Long Bows no longer has effect on Crossbowman.

Prelude:
The Scarlet Crusade is no longer mentionned.

Chapter One:
Important reterraining
Fixed a small issue with the intro cutscene

Chapter Three:
Important reterraining

Chapter Five:
Scarlet Crusade revamped:
-Base defenses increased a bit
-Renamed "Eastweald Alliance"
-They no longer talk about Scarlet Crusade, but Mograine's forces instead.
-Added a dialogue between Edmunson & Harthal about Silverhand.
The AI now works properly.

Chapter Six:
Fixed a bug when converting an unit with Persuasion.
Knights, Sharpshooters and Paladins can no longer be possessed.
AI will some time sends Knights to attack.

Interlude Two:
Dr. Theolen Krastinov is now Green.

Chapter Eight.
Released.

Level 9
Hope to see Draenn's story end well. I've grown fond of him over the course of the story. He would have made a great Alliance hero if he were true to the official lore.

Level 16
The campaign is made with 1.31.1 version. I don't know for previous patches. The whole campaign can't be played or only some chapters?

Level 9
The abilities when your learning them have wrong tool tips, and the game crashes during chapter 5, after emmerlan's first line. I assume draenn is about to say something, and then it crashes, so i can't progress the campaign. Also in chapter 3, draenn is missing in the ending cutscene.

Level 16
The abilities when your learning them have wrong tool tips, and the game crashes during chapter 5, after emmerlan's first line. I assume draenn is about to say something, and then it crashes, so i can't progress the campaign. Also in chapter 3, draenn is missing in the ending cutscene.
Which abilities please? I can't find them.

I just tried chapter five, and well... It works properly. They are absolutely no reasons for a crash. No special triggers, only Transmissions. I don't get it.
Could you explain a bit more what type of crash it is? Also, it is in the ending cutscene, right?

Chapter 3, well... It's really hazardous. I don't understand why sometimes it does not work, why sometimes it does.
Did you made a save and reload the map?

Also, what version are you using?

Level 7
chapter three is bugged since a long time i thought u fixed it i did not kill all undead bases and the trigger of that massive dead army got activated so u win bassicly without doing the mission i might have saved and loaded and im on version 1.31.1

Level 16
chapter three is bugged since a long time i thought u fixed it i did not kill all undead bases and the trigger of that massive dead army got activated so u win bassicly without doing the mission i might have saved and loaded and im on version 1.31.1
It is normal. In fact, it's a defense mission without the time counter.
The massive dead army got activated after one hour. It can also be activated if you destroy all the Undead bases.

I am not a fan of defense mission, that's why I've made that. You can complete the mission by attacking ou defending as you want.

Level 9
Which abilities please? I can't find them.

I just tried chapter five, and well... It works properly. They are absolutely no reasons for a crash. No special triggers, only Transmissions. I don't get it.
Could you explain a bit more what type of crash it is? Also, it is in the ending cutscene, right?

Chapter 3, well... It's really hazardous. I don't understand why sometimes it does not work, why sometimes it does.
Did you made a save and reload the map?

Also, what version are you using?

I'm on the 1.31.1 PTR. It just crashes to desktop with no error warning. I tried it twice, and both times it crashed. Emmerlan says his first line, then after he's finished it crashes, so i have no idea

Shield bash in the learn menu says 0 damage and 0 second stun for each level. I think it said 1 second stun for level 2, then for 3 its 0 again. I think it gives a damage number after you learn it and its in the command card, its just as you go to learn it. There's another ability on either draenn or Diana that says 75 damage or something for level 2, but then 50 or something for level 3. I can't remember which ability

Level 16
I'm on the 1.31.1 PTR. It just crashes to desktop with no error warning. I tried it twice, and both times it crashed. Emmerlan says his first line, then after he's finished it crashes, so i have no idea
I have the same version though it doesn't crash for me. I will make some research.
Can you play next chapters or is it locked? I can release a version with all maps unlocked if you want.

Shield bash in the learn menu says 0 damage and 0 second stun for each level. I think it said 1 second stun for level 2, then for 3 its 0 again. I think it gives a damage number after you learn it and its in the command card, its just as you go to learn it. There's another ability on either draenn or Diana that says 75 damage or something for level 2, but then 50 or something for level 3. I can't remember which ability
Fixed.

Level 7
It is normal. In fact, it's a defense mission without the time counter.
The massive dead army got activated after one hour. It can also be activated if you destroy all the Undead bases.

I am not a fan of defense mission, that's why I've made that. You can complete the mission by attacking ou defending as you want.
a ok that's good i like the new sheild bash but i hate drenn's first spell ;D i love that u added artifacts for the heros looks rly good could you please reduce the mana on the dreadlord's spell that takes the alliance soldiers so the mission could go a little faster im a fan of taking everything ;D literally even the horses thanks for the great work ALL MUST BE CLAIMED BY DETHEROC :D

Level 16
The concept of the map is being sneaky, not controlling everybody :c

I am trying to downgrade my Warcraft version to 1.30.4, to see if it's better, or not. We'll see.