• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Alliance Ashes

Level 3
Therefore, I will probably release 0.35 like next week to get news. Chapter Three is broken (but fixed for months, and you can't see this lol), caches too...
So yep, it will be easier to detect current errors.
I will then go back to Chapter Six.

Stay tuned.

Good news! I'll try your next release whenever is uploaded. :)

Level 6
Hey guys.

I just wanted to tell you I haven't made much progress on the next chapter.
In fact, I am currently improving every chapters already made.
So far, Prologue, Prelude and Chapter One received random improvements this two weeks.
@The_Messenger is also helping the whole project by providing decent writing to all the maps. (You know my english...). Big up to him.

Therefore, I will probably release 0.35 like next week to get news. Chapter Three is broken (but fixed for months, and you can't see this lol), caches too...
So yep, it will be easier to detect current errors.
I will then go back to Chapter Six.

Stay tuned.

Ohh nice

But have you ever consider a beta tester?

You know they do the suggestion, the writing and added gameplay?

Level 16
@OblivionDeadra I consider everyone who try the "beta version" as a beta tester :)
But I do take "dedicated" person, like The_Messenger who's only on the writing.
FurionPhoenix gave also a big feedback who helped me a lot.

If you are even more interested, you just have to send me a PM :)

Level 16
Hello!

When I said "next week", I meant next month lol.
But nevermind. I finally finished to improve a bit each chapter.
The major point was made by @The_Messenger who have made a really nice job.

All the campaign has been totally rewritten in a better english. With better dialogues, every chapter has been upgraded.
However, I am still very far away from the standards!

So, I count on you to find each issues with this version and The_Messenger and I would appreciate feedbacks on the characters (who received a better personality).

Here the changelog:

Overall:
Fixed an issue which can cause errors on a loaded game.
Campaign description slighty reduced.
Several descriptions fixed.
New model and icon for Draenn, check credits.
New icon for Fire Arrows.
New model for Dalar.
Archer renamed as Bowman.
Bowman & Crossbowman animations have been fixed.
Crossbowman projectile's arc reduced.
Draenn's Ultimate does not affect spell immune units, though can be aimed.
New ability for Draenn which replace Holy Light. (Known issue with cache. Need to replay from beginning).
Sorcerer's League now uses Priestess instead of Chaplain.

Prologue:
Dialogues fully rewritten by @The_Messenger.
The mission has been slightly expanded with a small quest.
Fixed an issue which could make Emmerlan died during the cinematic.
Added a hint to help the player inside Brill.
Flint and Miagi are now unique and must be kept alive.

Prelude:
Dialogues fully rewritten by @The_Messenger
New scene added.

Chapter One:
Dialogues fully rewritten by @The_Messenger.
Ambermill base's guards number increased.
Undead bases green and purple have been swapped.
Purple base blocked by rocks (until you open the way).
Holy Church removed properly as it should be.
Finale cinematic improved.

Chapter Two:
Mid-cinematic improved.
Optional quest is now launch properly.
Green base reterrained.
Purple base's terrain improved.
Orange base's terrain slightly improved.
Pyrewood terrain fixed (clipping).
Pyrewood barricaded revamped (easier to pass).
Beginning Catapult removed.
If the first Orange base is destroyed, the second will automatically starts attacking.
Pyrewood's techtree slightly changed.

Chapter Three:
Several paths are now blocked in the first part.
Epilogue should runs only one time.
Terrains has been slightly edited (Ambermill).
Castle is now named Ambermill.
Undead defenses has been slightly increased.
New feature: You have three unique units called Sergeants. If they die during the mission or the next missions, you will lose them definitely.
Kept alive and you will have access to them on next missions.
Sorcerer's League should now help you to defend your base.
A mid wave added against the Vanguard's base.
Dark Ranger Corps back to Orange.
Death Knight Order is now in green.
Dalvengyr's Forces are now in Emerald.

Interlude One:
Is now properly skippable, not recommanded though.
New scene added.

Chapter Five:
Several creeps, zombies & patrols added across the map.
Issue fixed with Scarlet (invulnerable).
Optional quest removed instead of completed if you continue without it.
A new place and cinematic have been added.
Andorhal has been slightly improved and all walls have been remade due to clipping.
New skins and models for scarlet crusade (footman, knight).
Every heroes (except Draenn) received items.
Finale cinematic fixed.

0.40 is available in the first page.

Level 6
prologue
curse not "cruse"

Why the third main mission in the prolouge still said as Bobahan by any chance
:p
Do you want to make it as a reference of the former name of Emmeralan/Bobahan??
prelude

well everything is okay except once the cinematic is over.... it didn't go to the mission but rather stuck... maybe is because the 1.30.02 problem i guess?

Still more to come

Level 16
I can't find "cruse". There is "crush" which is correct.

About Bobahan, it is not intended, but can't find it neither.

Which mission?

Last edited:
Level 6
I can't find "cruse". There is "crush" which is correct.

About Bobahan, it is not intended, but can't find it neither.

Which mission?

Just like i said it is from the Chapter Prologue

The end of the prelude just stay like that didn't go to chapter 1 but rather just froze up maybe it was 1.30.02 patch problem that i keep hearing it

Level 16
I uploaded 0.41 to fix small issues.
I've made Chapter One accessible from the beginning. @OblivionDeadra, can you tell me if you can now launch the next chapters?

Overall:
Prologue, Prelude and Chapter One are now accessible from the beginning.

Chaptre One:
Fixed a line of dialogues.
Added items to enemy heroes.

Chapter Two:
Fixed a wrong hint.

Chapter Three:
Removed debuging resources.
Fixed an issue which makes heroes disappear during intro cinematic.
Fixed several lines of dialogues.

Interlude One:
Fixed a small issue on Diana's lines.

Chapter Five:
Fixed an issue which makes Harthal leaving during cinematics.

Level 3
Well I've played the campaign once again, and I need to say that the new dialogue is far better than the old one.
I felt that this time was harder than before, but still easy to complete. Here are some bugs that I found:

Chapter 2:
-At the end cinematic, the one that happen at your base, major Draenn model isn't showing but he still talks and complete his dialogue.
Chapter 3:
-After you go through the last outpost, there's a group of neutral undead called "Death Knight Order". I don't know what are they supposed to do.
-When you reach the shipyard, Dalar says: "Draenn loot out!" instead of "look".
-Mage's ability "Crushing Wave" is very powerful. You can kill an entire base with just mages. Maybe nerfing this a bit or changing the ability should be enough.
Chapter 5:
-Scarlet crusade base was destroyed when I arrived there. There's still occurs the dialogue between Draenn and the scarlet leader, but after that, you get nothing.

Uther tomb in chapter 5 was a very nice detail. That the sort of thing that make a campaign worth playing, imo. Awesome one.

I'm now waiting for chapter 4, i'm eager to see what's that about.

Level 9
@PackieMagnatar

Well if you attempt to travel to the Scarlet Crusade's base before cleaning up Andorhal of the Undead bases, there's a fairly powerful wave of Undead guarding the road. AI-wise the Undead in the Bulwark are attacking the Crusaders, so they can't hold out sometimes since the AI is kinda dumb and either won't rebuild or train more units despite the resource abundance.

Personally, I finnish off the first base (the on the left as you enter Andorhal ftom the west bridge) so I won't get swarmed by skeletons then try to punch through the Undead guarding the road.

Level 16
Well I've played the campaign once again, and I need to say that the new dialogue is far better than the old one.
I felt that this time was harder than before, but still easy to complete. Here are some bugs that I found:

Chapter 2:
-At the end cinematic, the one that happen at your base, major Draenn model isn't showing but he still talks and complete his dialogue.

/ Okay, I forgot to add the reviving trigger (if dead). It should works fine now.

Chapter 3:
-After you go through the last outpost, there's a group of neutral undead called "Death Knight Order". I don't know what are they supposed to do.

/ Fixed

-When you reach the shipyard, Dalar says: "Draenn loot out!" instead of "look".

/ Made me laugh. Fixed.

-Mage's ability "Crushing Wave" is very powerful. You can kill an entire base with just mages. Maybe nerfing this a bit or changing the ability should be enough.

/ Nerfed.

I need more informations about the Crusade.
The optional quest was launched?
Who attacked you frequently? Purple, green? Teal?
If they did not, it may be them who attacked Scarlet. I need to know.

Level 3
I need more informations about the Crusade.
The optional quest was launched?
Who attacked you frequently? Purple, green? Teal?
If they did not, it may be them who attacked Scarlet. I need to know.

Yes the optional quest was launched.

I received assault from 2 bases, purple and green if I remember correctly, I received only one assault from the banshee base then nothing, so I suspect that they are the ones that destroyed the scarlet base.

I'd suggest to
reinforce scarlet base or,
give us a timer to save them or,
make them neutral until you find them.

Level 4
Why not have them help to clean those base. Actually it could be interesting that you could achieve optional in an other way and doing so trigerring their assault on the city.

Level 9
Why not have them help to clean those base. Actually it could be interesting that you could achieve optional in an other way and doing so trigerring their assault on the city.

They do help you since they attack the Undead guarding the road. They will aid you in attacking the bases in Andorhal if you manage to reach them before clearing out the bases inside the ruined city. After that they will continue to help you when you'll attack the Bulwark.

Level 4
Ah interesting. I never reach them before cleaning the undead city. Gonna try this one next time I test the campaign.

Level 9
Ah interesting. I never reach them before cleaning the undead city. Gonna try this one next time I test the campaign.

At first I clean up the first Undead base where Gothic the Harvester is. The attack waves coming from that base have a lot of necromancers that can swarm your defenses. After that I throw everything I have at the Undead guarding the road (they were recently buffed by Tuwnew). After that you can walk towards the Scarlet base but try not to attack them back, just walk around in circles till the dialogue triggers and Draenn talks with Harthal. After that the Scarlet Crusade will help you.

Level 16
I will improve Scarlet defenses, yes.
Teal is supposed to attack you also.

Moreover, you are not supposed to reach Bulwark before cleaning Andorhal. The Scarlet is also attacking Andorhal, it's at this moment you can find them.
But, I don't really know how to really stop you from going outside.

Last edited:
Level 16
I nerfed it a bit, just to see. 20s couldown (instead of 8) and costs 125 mana (instead of 100).

Level 6
Yes, but he is right. If you mass mages you can easily remove a entire base in 30 seconds.

I could agree on the "Balance" for the crushing wave and stuff

Anyway here's my report so far

Well chapter 3 like defending ambermill...
Idk the dialouge repeat once i destroy all the undead bases
like the Drenn make his inspiration speech as if they make there last stand.

Level 16
Wep, there was a small issue, I found it out yesterday. Should be fixed.

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes, but he is right. If you mass mages you can easily remove a entire base in 30 seconds.

I don't think that nerf will solve the problem, I will be still be able to destroy an entire base with 1 squad of mages (12 mages with 1 wave each). I'd suggest you changing the max damage. Now the max damage is 900, it could be 600 or 450 (multiples of 150).

Level 6
I don't think that nerf will solve the problem, I will be still be able to destroy an entire base with 1 squad of mages (12 mages with 1 wave each). I'd suggest you changing the max damage. Now the max damage is 900, it could be 600 or 450 (multiples of 150).

-_- For me that was kinda killing the purpose of repel the hordes of the dead anyway.

Ik you're already address about the scarlet crusade but... why the scarlet crusade can't train there troops and to attack???

Last edited:
Level 16
Don't be upset Oblivion x)

When have you found this issue?
The Crusade will attack only if you trigger the optional quest. And after capturing Andorhal.

Level 3
-_- For me that was kinda killing the purpose of repel the hordes of the dead anyway.
Yeah you're right. Maybe instead of nerfing the ability, you could limit the number of firemages that can be train, I'd say 4 firemages max (4 firemages alive, I mean, that you can train infinite firemgaes but only 4 can be alive at the same time), what do you think about that?.

Level 16
I have never liked this idea. This mage has also useful spells like "Slow".
I can increase its costs instead if you really want to nerf her again.
For now, Crushing Wave costs 150 mana, does 600 max damages and has 20s couldown.

Level 6
Don't be upset Oblivion x)

When have you found this issue?
The Crusade will attack only if you trigger the optional quest. And after capturing Andorhal.

Umm it occur where
1. almost destroy the undead base in andorhal
2. then taking my time by building randomly within andorhal :p:p
3. then do the optional quest
4. then finish the main quest
5. I notice that my allies didn't build any troops just stick with there current force
6. Kinda left them be until i immediately regretted and swiftly base to the scarlet crusade base cause there force got wipe out by Ermmelan and his undead troops :p, almost destroying half of the scarlet base, Andddd my allied could not resuurect Harthal truesight

Yeah you're right. Maybe instead of nerfing the ability, you could limit the number of firemages that can be train, I'd say 4 firemages max (4 firemages alive, I mean, that you can train infinite firemgaes but only 4 can be alive at the same time), what do you think about that?.

Finally you see my point of why i despise of nerfing the crushing wave and the purpose of it.

Dude no. as much is okay but it almost reminding me of the finest hour map where you can only recruit the badass unit by just one cause that would be too overpowered.:mad:

I have never liked this idea. This mage has also useful spells like "Slow".
I can increase its costs instead if you really want to nerf her again.
For now, Crushing Wave costs 150 mana, does 600 max damages and has 20s couldown.

True.

Well that's okay for now it has half or quarter of it's former strength anyway and also i didn't spam mages it. i just train 3 or 5 units to repel the undead

Also my added report.

I liked the idea of you added the high priest in the tomb of uther and as a substitute fountain of healing :p

Finally that's i liked to see truly infested with undead in and outside of Andorhal. :):D

When i try to build up my second base from the east side the undead trying to destroy it as if they know of what i'm doing
"What kind of sorcery is this :eek::eek:"

Also i have to kill off some of my forces to leave it on low upkeep cause i knew the undead will swarm me with numbers and spellcasters.

Level 16
Yeah, the AI attacks the closest base, even if they can't see you.
I don't really know who to solve this...

About the Scarlet Crusade... It's really weird.
Was AI properly launched? The gold harvested was good (only 1g per peasant)? Did they launched waves?

Level 3
Well that nerf will be ok.

Yeah, the AI attacks the closest base, even if they can't see you.
I don't really know who to solve this...

About the Scarlet Crusade... It's really weird.
Was AI properly launched? The gold harvested was good (only 1g per peasant)? Did they launched waves?

Seeing that scarlets attacks don't do any substantial damage to the banshee base, you could change scarlet crusade status to neutral, then change it to ally when you reach their base (after killing the three undead bases).

Level 16
Scarlet is not supposed to destroy the base. It is you.
However, launching waves against Andorhal will help you to find them.

I just noticed that Teal was attacking the wrong player slot (10) instead of (1). Since 10 is null, they were attacking the closest.
It must be the same for all the others, but purple and green are closer to you.
And when Emmerlan is attacking, it forces you to protect them so... :)

Level 6
Well

My goodness

Okay when i attack the enemy

i notice the plague oversee somehow possessed the bishop so i use reveal and dear god the scarlet crusade is gone.

It happen when i trigger the optional quest o_O

Please make the scarlet crusade to be heavily defended and also scarlet crusade to have a better ai when defending

Level 16
Ok guys, I just found out the issue.
The AI script had an error, thus Scarlet was not working at all (harvesting, heroes, waves...).
That's explain how they were beaten so easy.

I still let their defenses a bit increased, however it should not be necessary.

Level 6
Ok guys, I just found out the issue.
The AI script had an error, thus Scarlet was not working at all (harvesting, heroes, waves...).
That's explain how they were beaten so easy.

I still let their defenses a bit increased, however it should not be necessary.

Huh no wonder

Also i think it should be necessary to increase the defense of the scarlet crusade to give them the boost they need.

Level 3
Hey Tuwnew, this is an image of a bug in chapter 3 or 2 don't remember very well.

This happen when you build something here:
WC3ScrnShot_102118_213846_02.png
WC3ScrnShot_102118_213805_01.png
Model from major Draenn doesn't show.

Level 2
So I´ve just finished the campaign and I have to say it´s great and I hope you will continue with the developement.
The biggest problem for me was that there are lot of units with the same role.
For example footman, elite footman, knights and paladins all fulfill the tank role and you just use the strongest available.
Same problem with crosbowman and bowman - crosbows are just superior.
So I thought that maybe you should have a core army available on every mission (footies, bowman, chaplains and catapults) and the rest would depend on your current allies.
So in Chap. 1 you would get mage units after rescuing them. Chap. 2 you would be able to train elite lordaeron units and later some blood elves but not mages because they are with Diana and so on.
It would reinforce the feeling that human army is just a remnant of its former power and its resources and allies are very scarce compared to undead. And it´s more unique mechanic and that´s always great.
Also and i don´t know if this is a good idea but maybe you should limit the amount of those ´allied´ units you can train to comliment that feeling even more.
That would allow you to make them more powerful and unique.

Some other problems
In Chap. 3 there is a bug where just outside of the last human outpost is a group of neutral undead units
Also Draen´s Empowerment is a bit underwhelming. I think you should increase the healing it does because now the healing its weaker the of unholly aura
The optional quest in last mission seems a bit pointless because you still need to cut through the enemy bases and i believe the outce i you have the quest or not is the same
The writing in prelude needs some work
Oh and is the bandit base in Chap. 3 an easteregg or is something supposed to happen?

Level 16
Hello,

Yes, it's something I planned to change.
For example, in the next update, the Elite Footman will be revamped.
Also, Crossbowman are supposed to be upgraded Bowman, since it costs more.

About Knight and Paladin, they do not share the same role.
You don't have to make a full army of Paladins but only have to use one as a support (Fanatism), along knights.

I am planning to add what you said for the next missions, when your tech-tree is fully "discovered".
Draenn will keep the standard units (Foot/Bow/Crossman, Chaplain, Mage and Wizard + Catapult) and only get some special units.

This system will be available sometimes. Also, when you can't choose, you directly have your special building, like in Chapter Five, you are playing as the Holy Knight Order, and therefore have their units.

Draenn Ability is weird. It's my first custom spell, so I was not sure of what I wanted. For now, the ability is really useful on heroes. But I will certainly change this later.
The Prelude will certainly be revamped since I planned to add chapters between Prologue and Prelude, but more as "flashback".

At first, in this chapter, you were really supposed to reach Fenris Isle. So I made a small island. But yeah, in the end, you don't reach it. So I just added bandits for some reasons. Nothing in particular.

Level 6
Hello,

Yes, it's something I planned to change.
For example, in the next update, the Elite Footman will be revamped.
Also, Crossbowman are supposed to be upgraded Bowman, since it costs more.

About Knight and Paladin, they do not share the same role.
You don't have to make a full army of Paladins but only have to use one as a support (Fanatism), along knights.

I am planning to add what you said for the next missions, when your tech-tree is fully "discovered".
Draenn will keep the standard units (Foot/Bow/Crossman, Chaplain, Mage and Wizard + Catapult) and only get some special units.

This system will be available sometimes. Also, when you can't choose, you directly have your special building, like in Chapter Five, you are playing as the Holy Knight Order, and therefore have their units.

Draenn Ability is weird. It's my first custom spell, so I was not sure of what I wanted. For now, the ability is really useful on heroes. But I will certainly change this later.
The Prelude will certainly be revamped since I planned to add chapters between Prologue and Prelude, but more as "flashback".

At first, in this chapter, you were really supposed to reach Fenris Isle. So I made a small island. But yeah, in the end, you don't reach it. So I just added bandits for some reasons. Nothing in particular.

Like the idea of revamping it but to be honest. I kinda dont like it the whole choosing what faction you should focus on but you're making your enemy in a high advantage.

Example if I choose an engineering choices somehow it affected the ai and focuses on siege weapon like 3 or 5 meat wagon attack your defense.

Or if I choose an wizardry choice then they will just focus on spellcaster that would nullified it.

Or the knighthood but the enemy swarm them with absurd numbers and damage just to overwhelm them

I'm not against it and Im cool with it. I find it interesting.

Why not make a options mission. Like a band of elite footman are captured and need of rescue?.

Level 16
Well, you don't like it, but you did it.
In Chapter Four, you have your techtree as you have chosen "Knightwood".

This path unlocks only two units.
For example, in Wizardry, you gain Sorcerer, an unit only Sorcerer's League used for now.

Level 13
Been following the production of this campaign for a while. Have to say, I've enjoyed playing it so far. I'll wait until the whole thing's released though before I pick it up again. Really good work by the way! The only thing I simply have to complain about is the dialogue. It feels a bit too weird sometimes but I know that you're probably reworking the dialogue as you go along making the campaign so I'm not too worried about that.

Again, great work!

Level 16
Thank you for your reply @SgtWinter

The dialogues are often edited, yes. I write a draft that @The_Messenger edits and improves and I think it is really good.
English is not my native language, it's a bit harder to find the mistakes for me. Do you have any examples of what sounds wrong to you?