• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of Empires 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Chilla here's the mesh for the Market,hope you like it..Just remove the unnecessary faces and also some of the potteries to further reduce poly count.

Attachments

• MarketBRONZEAGE.jpg
    MarketBRONZEAGE.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 153
Level 23
ensemble actually anounced that they were being disbanned and that halo wars would be their last game. and now..... there gone. and just like when the USSR dissolved. random people will come and steal their crap!

Yeah, however:
wiki said:
Robot Entertainment is a gaming company created by the founders of the defunct Ensemble Studios, after being shut down by Microsoft.[1] Other members of the company founded Bonfire Studios. Robot Entertainment is currently responsible for maintaining and updating Halo Wars and the Age of Empires franchise.[2][3]

So no, Age of Empires isnt really abandonware yet

Level 23
Nice that looks great :D
About the banner, it will have to be much smaller, as signature images will be cropped to about 640x120. I can shrink it if you like, until you find a better one.
Hotlinking, just do [url=yoururl][img]yourimg[/img][/url]

Level 9
Suggestion on the texture>Maybe not all roofs be made to team color?Or are the vases the team colored ones?Either way I think it would look better if some of the roof will be lighter in color..Anyway its all up to you..If not for my own map I'd like to do more models hehe but I could do part-time modelling for you guys..

Level 23
Oh well, the only thing I had in mind at the moment was to shrink the existing one. If I come up with something better, Ill post that as well, but as for now on, the shrinked one fits as a banner more despite the too small and too 'melted-in-text'

(I am aware of that it looks small...)

Attachments

• aoebanner.png
    aoebanner.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 11,353
Level 9
chilla>Bout the pits, I see that those buildings are halfly buried..Only thing I could think of to make it work for WC3 is via triggers that creates a crater underneath it whenever you construct one.The model should be bigger than the hole though..Either that or I make some sort of mound/foundation for those,which would make them slightly elevated from the ground?hmm

Level 7
chilla>Bout the pits, I see that those buildings are halfly buried..Only thing I could think of to make it work for WC3 is via triggers that creates a crater underneath it whenever you construct one.The model should be bigger than the hole though..Either that or I make some sort of mound/foundation for those,which would make them slightly elevated from the ground?hmm
OR they could just make it look like a hole, but not be a hole.

Level 31
This is the government center's unanimated model. I didn't go over the details very much. Is this good? or I should make a new one.

Yes, it's very good but I want you to change something so it fits to my other buildings:

1. For the roof, please use the texture: Textures/VillageDoodad0.blp

2. Make the faces at the bottom of the roof teamcoloured, like on the base picture

3. You can reduce the poly count a lot, if you delete all faces that show to the bottom and which you can't see ingame, so please delete the bottom faces of all meshes, also remove the top and bottom faces of the pillars and the bottom and top faces of the base box of the building
That will reduce the poly count by ~75-100

If you fix thos things it's perfect for my map
Good work :)
+rep

BTW: Here's a WIP screenshot of the models ingame (only the Stoneage)

Attachments

• WIP Stoneage.jpg
    WIP Stoneage.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 6,687
Level 9
Here's the pit mesh..Just tell me if you don't like the way I did the base..

Attachments

• pit.jpg
    pit.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6,527
  • Pit.rar
    6.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 23
if you need it chilla killa, I have the complete list/documents/manual in English for both aoe and the expansion (only the expansion one is attached, because the other one was too big. However, enough info for the names and such is probably what you needed and it all exists in this pdf. All the goodies begins at page 14):

Attachments

• MANUAL.PDF
    4.2 MB · Views: 116
Level 23
Last edited:
Level 4
Wow! I just saw your AoE project thread and i had to take a look, i REEEEALLY want to join this (ima RTS freak, especially Age of Empires)
bad news is= 1.my WE needs updates badly
2.my WE doesnt work well, it cant upload skins or models unless i dl a map with skins or models already on it
3.cant skin
4.noobish at everything, cant do jass or anything except simple terraining
5.i dunno how to use textures on terraining, or anything fancy like that. ive just started my life on the hive
6.eager to learn! i can terrain for you, but i am nooby and my machine sucks. im getting a new one.
lotsa problems with me eh? its ok im not ready to get into this stuff but i need a chance to start off. but yall can say no, i just wanna see this come out soon and when i get a new machine i can get smarter programs, better stuff, modelling skinning all that.

Level 23
Rep is spreading based on the amount of times you share rep to different people. Eg if I give you once, then Ill have to wait until Ive spread 5 rep or something like that to other people. But lets not discuss that here... Rep is more or less useless anyway (cake)

@Orc-of-Azeroth
Its nice that you are interested, but sad that you dont have the qualities to work with the project. Im not in any form the leader, so chilla killa should stand for the answers. But as you say for yourself, you definitly doesnt sound ready for the project.

Level 4
only terraining, no models, i suck :/
but i can tell you this in case your translator for units does not translate correctly.
cudgel warrior=clubman, upgrades to Axeman
Bowman is the man of the first archer unit
Scout is the name of the first mounted unit
Short swordsman is the next unit you get in the barracks, it upgrades to broad swordsman, than into long swordsman
Cavalry is the next mounted unit
Improved archer is the next archer unit, upgardes to composite archer
Hoplite is made from the academy
Priest is from the temple
not sure what comes after that, i usually dont have to upgrade into post-iron age cuz i killed the enemy by now

Status
Not open for further replies.