• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of Empires 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I can't see the picture, upload it here.
But I meant this one:
The one under the tower.
Make it low poly and only ingame textures, if you don't find good textures leave it blank I will do it then, you dom't have to make anims. Upload then the ms3d file

Attachments

• capture_11242009_160634.jpg
    capture_11242009_160634.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 116
Level 9
hey here's the wip of the stable..

Attachments

• greekstable.jpg
    greekstable.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 155
  • greekstable2.jpg
    greekstable2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Level 9
I'm trying to,right now..but I think I messed up with something..I don't know what but errors appear while I'm trying to compile it..it's 2am here and I'm feeling a little sleepy now,I might just go over it again when I wake up..at least the mesh is done,so gtg for now..advanced merry xmas everyone..

holy crap! your one looks awesome... I think I have to practise a little more :p
but I hope chilla makes the texture for me ^^
well the mesh and my (hardly failed) texture:

attachment.php

and before you say: Your spring looks odd 0.o , I will tell you: I need a break.
:p

Attachments

• GreekStablesBronzeAge.jpg
    GreekStablesBronzeAge.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 7,112
Level 9
hey bad news..the model I made won't compile..I have to remodel it.Give me a couple of days,I'll add simple birth,stand and death anims..

Level 23
If you want my personal opinon about the resource system age of empires has, it is going to be really tough to adapt it to wc3. Not only would I say it is very or almost too complex to properly function in GUI, but that itself needs a pretty good AI which is flawless.

Consider it, wc3 has 3 types of resources which could be used easy:
*Gold
*Lumber
*Food Upkeep

And it has only two sorts of harvesting:
*Gold mine
*Trees

It will be hard to adapt, because here is my point. You need:
*Food
*Lumber
*Stone
*Gold
*Food Upkeep

Following, you need these different harvesting methods:
*Hunting, fishing (villages), fishing(ships), farming(berries), farming(farms)
*Lumbering
*Gold mining
*Stone mining

And they all need a custom upgrade system whenever you need to research something.

I'm not saying it is impossible... But you should seriously code this is vJass or Jass at least.

A side note, I could be useful there, but that is up to you to decide, and it will not be certain I will have the time. I also already attempted this afew years ago when I had a project exactly as this in mind, but failed due to it's complexity (and it was in GUI). I would happily help though or be at any assistance whenever I have time. For insstance, I could attempt it now on my small christmas break.

~Eccho~

Level 9
hey chilla i'm sorry but i can't continue working on the model for the mean time coz I'm having trouble with the resource system for my map,I already asked amigurumi for help since your hunting system is similar to mine..I requested a modified version from him..I'm pushing for an alpha release for my map by next month so I'm pretty busy right now,but I'll still help doing models for your project..not at the moment though,I hope you understand..

Level 9
I can but upon checking it I scaled the model too small,when I tried importing it to editor its only a quarter of its supposed size..let me do a quick remodelling now since I'm still waiting for amigurumi's triggers.Then I'll send it to you..is that ok with you?And also how many polies should it have?Coz I made a higher poly version..

Level 23
GetLocalPlayer desyncs whenever it is about to create a handle (most of them, as they now are called agents which extends handles). All types which are referencecounted in wc3, thus if something is created locally, it would never work because the packets between the computers and the server would have mismatches. But for instance, a string or integer or real or something like that can have their local value, as long as it doesnt involve creating something which results in differences. Eg, you can not hide a unit, because that would make a unit available on the map for one player while it wouldnt be for someone else. So basically, one would be allowed to attack while the other believes it doesnt can move at all and is gone. Thats an example of a desync.
Multiboards and leaderboards are things which doesnt desync. Or well rather, setting a value on a board locally would, as it is in multiboard, actually setting a 'multiboarditem' value. But nothing will never happend if you only show the leaderboards locally. That is pretty much what happends when a team player leaves a ladder game: A multiboard is created but only showed for the team.

Level 23
Taking the sounds from a game could definitly be illegal. You dont know if microsoft did their sounds themselves our bought the license to use them from another company. As for the pictures, since you are planning to do custom models, you could rather add custom icons for it instead. A plain print screen and altering of a model would look nice.

http://www.ensemblestudios.com/
Just because they havent updated it on a few months doesnt mean it is dead?

Level 23
Thats true... it could be another matter if used for a non-commerical use. But anyway, the icons would fit much better if they weren't cnp form the original game:]

And well, sign me up on the AI nao :D

Level 31
I made the Stable of the Toolage. The mesh was made by pangahas, but he broke the textures, so he just sent me the blank mesh.
I finalized it by reducing the poly count (from 927 to 762) and texturing it.
Here's the result:

71586d1261242683-age-empires-1-greekstable2.jpg

72109d1261926512-age-empires-1-greekstabletoolage.jpg

Attachments

• GreekStableToolage.jpg
    GreekStableToolage.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 6,914
Last edited:
Level 9
Nice one chilla..hehe..How did you reduced the poly count?Did you use mdx squisher or just deleted some vertices?And also,the texture on the main roof looks a bit stretched..
When I have more free time I'll help you again do some models..Or if you like I could just do the mesh then you do the texture,,lol..

NOTE: you spelled my name wrong.Its pangahas..:grin:

Level 23
That's cool. By the way, I see you are screenshoting alot from the original game?
Have a look in the install directory and see Age of Empires\help . In there theres not only sounds, but textures of all buildings in the game. It should be useful :]

Level 6
Taking the sounds from a game could definitly be illegal. You dont know if microsoft did their sounds themselves our bought the license to use them from another company. As for the pictures, since you are planning to do custom models, you could rather add custom icons for it instead. A plain print screen and altering of a model would look nice.

http://www.ensemblestudios.com/
Just because they havent updated it on a few months doesnt mean it is dead?

ensemble actually anounced that they were being disbanned and that halo wars would be their last game. and now..... there gone. and just like when the USSR dissolved. random people will come and steal their crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.