• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About the Contests

Level 7
/toggleable!

BTW, Why not try to start this sometime before this coming sunday/monday (I think that is when they usually start) If you start it tomorrow you can give us all two extra days of work- I am usually stuck finishing the entire spell in 2 days because I have too much schoolwork.

Level 11
Oh! Hmmm, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. However I'm still keeping my vote as toggleable. Though maybe after toggleable we'll go with bounce.

Level 11
Read the rules from past contests. You wouldn't be allowed to use that system unless you entirely rebuilt it after the contest started.
@Purplepoot
I am so ready for that spell contest. Please start it!

another idea,

complement spells

u make 2 spells at least, where one of those spells will be complementary to the other spell or any other spells the hero has

(e.g. first spell : poisoning strike, (Passive/maybe casted) stacks up to 5 times. second spell : poison death sentence, when casted, poisoned units will take 75 damage for each stacked poison the unit has. Will remove poison buff.)

Level 12
Physics!!!

I Heart Physics

Surprised nobody suggested that

I realize physics covers just about everything, so it should be something involving complex formulas that produce really cool looking effects

Ex. A simple projectile that orbits around an axis, the axis being the line between the attacker/caster and the target

Or multiple projectiles spinning at the same time (like a TripleShot)
Or just more than one shot being fired on that orbit path thing

Or a combo of both

OR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!! *cough* quadratics *cough*

Level 12
Hmmmmm

I suppose they do

More so they "could"
I guess maybe if "Physics" was a theme, the physics part of the spell would have to be far more profound than the other spell types, and a requirement

Level 40
I'm not sure I like that... there have only ever been (two?) ties, both times with spells which were (IMO) very similar in quality, and with more points... it may just cause nitpicking, which no one ever likes.

Maybe we could try that out for the next contest, though.

A rubric sounds like a great idea, though!

Level 12
I f*ckin hate rubrics

If you have to make a rubric please for the love of god make it with definite differences between points

Every time I do a project with a rubric, I do awful because every single part of the rubric could be applied to my project, at which point it depends not on how well it was made, but how much the teacher likes me

I hate English class

Level 9
A Lot + Rapid

Whatever the spell does, it does it many many times during a short time period.
However it must not look like anything gradual or smooth.

Charge

The spell must take a moment to charge before taking full effect.

PurplePoot tosses a few coins and randomly chooses two different theme suggestions from the theme idea list.
The spell must comply with both of these themes.

On Death

The spell must be triggered upon the death of a unit (be it generic or specific).

Ultimate

The spell must be approximitely as useful and powerful as a regular melee ultimate.

Critter

The spell must involve critters, as special effects, targets or anything you can come up with.

Level 40
The spell must be triggered upon the death of a unit (be it generic or specific).
Seems interesting.

The spell must involve critters, as special effects, targets or anything you can come up with.
Chicken Stampede ;)

The spell must be approximitely as useful and powerful as a regular melee ultimate.
A little (err, way) too vague, IMO.

PurplePoot tosses a few coins and randomly chooses two different theme suggestions from the theme idea list.
The spell must comply with both of these themes.
<3

The spell must take a moment to charge before taking full effect.
Very nice. (Next contest, maybe? Seems like an interesting idea!)

Whatever the spell does, it does it many many times during a short time period.
However it must not look like anything gradual or smooth.
Hrm... not sure on this one.

Next contest...

Either today (unlikely), or next Monday.

Level 12
Last Part

For the multiple times thing, I think he means something along the lines of a spell similar to multi-slash (i think it's called that),

Where the unit moves from place to place, while an attachment model with a tail moves with him, making it look like the unit moved all over the place, slashing down anything it touched

Each "slash-move" would be considered the effect that is done sporadically

Something that happens multiple times, but each occurence is seemingly completely random (cluster bombs that come in waves, each wave can be from .2 - 1.2 secs apart, each wave has 1-3 bombs, etc.)

Level 12
Uhh

When's the next contest gonna be??

Also, I am working on a footies map with 20 races (5 per team, each team has a general genre)

I already defined the races, although didn't put any units in yet, but perhaps one of the contests could be geared towards a specific race (I'd prefer a hero spell, but unit spells would be ok, as I plan on making the map somewhat macro intensive)

Here are the race names and their town hall names, and here is the map if that isn't enough

Races:
(Humans)
-Lordship.The Lord's Kingdom
-Order of The Light.Great Temple of the Light
-Dwarves.Dwarven Empire
-Dragon Riders.Dragon Hatchery
-Blood Mages.Battle-Mage Box of Wonder

(Orcs)
-Orcish Horde.Orcish Great Hall
-Ogres.Ogre Sacrificial Altar
-Goblin Tinker's.Tinker's Workshop
-Tauren.Tauren Shrine
-Trolls.Troll Tent Camp

(Undead)
-Skeletal Army.Citadel of Complete Darkness
-Black Scourge.Scourge Interplanar Portal
-Vampyres.Vampyre Tomb
-Cult Warlocks.Sanctum of The Condemned
-Possessed Treants.Possessed World Tree (original I know)

(Forest)
-Elves.Elven House of Ritual
-Treants.World Tree
-Furbolgs.Furbolg Earth-Stone
-Stone Giants.Artifact of Conscious Animation
-Druids.Mysterious Power Source

Attachments

• Footies Map with JASS.w3x
    129.8 KB · Views: 62