• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 questions regarding spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1. Which spell do I use for for simple single target damage and no other side-effects.

I am using strom bolt with effects set to 0.01 and a buff called nothing having no spell effects. But In one rare condition, the stun spell effect showed above the units head.

2. How to make a dummy unit temporarily invisible after its work is over and bring it back again when needed.

Level 7
1) I use Channel as the base ability and trigger the effects. Set options to visible, make it not disable other abilities.

2) Unit - Hide unit. You can also move it to the edge of a map or some unaccessible location.

Can channel have projectile effects?

Level 7
Go for Shadow Strike or Chain Lightning then, too bad Finger of Death makes dying unit explode :( :D

Id avoid having spell with 0,1second stun, it seems like nothing but its still capable of disrupting channeled spells and maybe causing small problems, and setting stun duration to 0 sometimes gives infinitely long stun :D (tried that with Inferno... :D)

Level 7
1) I use Channel as the base ability and trigger the effects. Set options to visible, make it not disable other abilities.

2) Unit - Hide unit. You can also move it to the edge of a map or some unaccessible location.

I found something interesting with "Hide Unit and Show Unit" It makes units having locus selectable. Not a good thing for my map though. But I can be used to remove the bug which is caused when we remove locust from a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.