• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Several Questions regarding Trigger Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi!
I got some questions I have scratched up over time. I hope you can answer some of them. :) thank you for your time and attention!!

1: In my RPG map, variabled units respawns at their region location when killed.
A Hero has charm. If it is cast on a unit, how do I make sure it spawns again, without having to kill my variabled new charmed minion?
I just don't want to make the triggering too long for it to work.

2: And do you have any easier suggestion on how to establish respawn systems, than creating a variable for every single unit and a region for their spawn location?

3: How do I make infernal ability not remove trees?
I have edited the targets allowed, but it still destroys them.
I would almost go and make a trigger to create a tree when one dies, but it seems pretty unproffesional..

4: I don't seem to be able to load .blp files from Custom Models into Editor. MDX is not a problem. I have even tried some guides and nothing works.
What do I need to do?

5: I am creating a permanent corpse with this trigger:

• Dead Troll
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create a permanent Fleshy Skullsplitter Barbarian (Corpse Unit) corpse for Neutral Passive at (Center of Troll Corpse <gen>) facing 150.00 degrees

But the corpse slowly decays away leaving only fleshy skeletal left. Can you prevent that, without entering constants and making it a global fix?
See I want the whole troll to be laying there. Not just the skeletom.

6: A bit more advanced question: How do you make a skill shot trigger damage with intelligence?
Like if you create a group within x yards from point at caster, when casting Thunder Clap, you deal damage to variabled units, how do you do that with a skill shot?
By Skill shot I mean, like Shockwave. And what abilities would you recommend using?

7: The Big Bad Voodoo spell. When I recreate the buffs of the caster, it won't change the buff effect. He still has the same buff, no matter what target effect i give him. If I give him drain life buff, he will just have both buffs.

Last edited:
Level 13
Hi!
I got some questions I have scratched up over time. I hope you can answer some of them. :) thank you for your time and attention!!

1: In my RPG map, variabled units respawns at their region location when killed.
A Hero has charm. If it is cast on a unit, how do I make sure it spawns again, without having to kill my variabled new charmed minion?
I just don't want to make the triggering too long for it to work.

2: And do you have any easier suggestion on how to establish respawn systems, than creating a variable for every single unit and a region for their spawn location?

3: How do I make infernal ability not remove trees?
I have edited the targets allowed, but it still destroys them.
I would almost go and make a trigger to create a tree when one dies, but it seems pretty unproffesional..

4: I don't seem to be able to load .blp files from Custom Models into Editor. MDX is not a problem. I have even tried some guides and nothing works.
What do I need to do?

5: I am creating a permanent corpse with this trigger:

Dead Troll
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create a permanent Fleshy Skullsplitter Barbarian (Corpse Unit) corpse for Neutral Passive at (Center of Troll Corpse <gen>) facing 150.00 degrees

But the corpse slowly decays away leaving only fleshy skeletal left. Can you prevent that, without entering constants and making it a global fix?
See I want the whole troll to be laying there. Not just the skeletom.

6: A bit more advanced question: How do you make a skill shot trigger damage with intelligence?
Like if you create a group within x yards from point at caster, when casting Thunder Clap, you deal damage to variabled units, how do you do that with a skill shot?
By Skill shot I mean, like Shockwave. And what abilities would you recommend using?

1. Since you said "A Hero has a charm", you can probably trigger that charm to treat that creep as dead (easy enough if your respawn system uses a boolean).

2. Wild idea is that if you pre-place all your creeps, then at the start of the game you can find their location and unit-types by doing "pick every unit in playable map area owned by player-creep". This is a bit restrictive though.

3. Make your trees indestructible, or use Channel.

4. I know nothing

5. You can use a Dummy Unit and have them play their death animation. The corpse will not decay.

6. You will need a damage detection system for that (which is by far the easiest), though you can do it through very complicated and convoluted triggers.

Level 8
1. Since you said "A Hero has a charm", you can probably trigger that charm to treat that creep as dead (easy enough if your respawn system uses a boolean).

2. Wild idea is that if you pre-place all your creeps, then at the start of the game you can find their location and unit-types by doing "pick every unit in playable map area owned by player-creep". This is a bit restrictive though.

3. Make your trees indestructible, or use Channel.

4. I know nothing

5. You can use a Dummy Unit and have them play their death animation. The corpse will not decay.

6. You will need a damage detection system for that (which is by far the easiest), though you can do it through very complicated and convoluted triggers.

1: I didnt really get that.. Can you show a trigger maybe?

2: Hmm, seems a bit leaky.

5: How?

6: I guess it is a bit too difficult for me. :/

Level 8
Level 33
That's why I want you to tell me how does that system I linked, suits to your situation that you want.

Is that what you're looking for or something similar to it ?
Or is it on different level of mechanics and requirements ?

Level 8
That's why I want you to tell me how does that system I linked, suits to your situation that you want.

Is that what you're looking for or something similar to it ?
Or is it on different level of mechanics and requirements ?

Well, I wouldn't have a problem with using variables. It just might be a lot if I have to use a variable AND a region for every damn unit. It will take a long time. And it will definetly use a lot of space in the variable list for browsing..

Level 7
Well, I wouldn't have a problem with using variables. It just might be a lot if I have to use a variable AND a region for every damn unit. It will take a long time. And it will definetly use a lot of space in the variable list for browsing..

I have a trigger all you would need to add is a variable and a line to map initialization however its complete jass and would not make sense to you :p

Charm and posession are tricky to balance. I recommend using more creative spells.

For the Inferno, consider Pocket Factory as the base spell, instead

If you pause the corpse, it cannot decay.

Are you using a custom big bad voodoo or the original one? With some abilities you have to modify the effect of the original ability for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.