• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Several questions about world editor....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am going to ask several simple or hard questions related to world editor, cause i'm creating a map and im very new to it....

1) Q:How do you make the screen change?
E:i mean like how do you make a picture come out of the screen, or make a scope like feature for example like in those fps sniper games.
i also saw something like this in a spell that i think by now it had been rejected..

2) Q:How do you make a working metamorphosis spell for heroes?
E: i have tried many times but it just wouldn't work i tried illidan's metamorphosis spell but my hero would stand and stare at the skies....
I have tried using bear form but it doesn't have a timer, other than that i can't turn back to my old form and instead i become a different unit :eekani:

3) Q:In a campaign, how do you let a heroes xp and statistics carry over to my other games?
E: I'm planning to make a campaign and i believe this is the most important part in a campaign.

4) Q:What is the max map size in a basic map??
There was one map that i had made that said the file size is too big and i can't play it on LAN....

5) Q:Is it posiible to put jass spells together with gui spells?
Self explanatory...
also in a jass spell, do you just copy and paste words? pretty confusing :eek:

6) Q:With music, how do you make a play-list? as in consecutive playing of in game songs to my liking.

Well these are all the questions i need to know about world editor..:grin:

For now....

Level 19
1. cinematic> fade filter import your image
2. use 2 identical heroes and edit teh morphed one to whatever u like
3. something to do with game cache search teh hive for tutorials on that
4. i think 8 Mb but im not sure
5. u can have a trigger be GUi and the others jass but never gui and jass in the same trigger
in the trigger editor under edit> convert to custom text. this will convert the gui trigger to jass and u can cnp the jass code there
6 .... idk sorry

Level 7
ok

but i'm confused with the 2nd one...?

What skill do i use?

Because i played a game of dota awhile back and i was wondering how they got a unit(hero) that when he uses the ability he turns into some huge flesh giant! but still keeping the timer and retains his normal form... still pondering that one...

and for the image...
is it possible to get any image and it will suddenly appear? or are there certain requirements?

Level 19
if u are talking about the fade filter is something like cinematic fade out with texture "here is where you add your imported image (blp or tga image but i suggest blp)" over x seconds
and to make it go away use cinematic fade in with texture "white mask" over x seconds with colors 100% 100% 100% and 100% transparency

as for the morphing is morph all i can tell you is that morphing uses the exact same hero not 2
take for instance teh demonhunter he has the animations of both normal and morphed state, the ability is just a trick to make him play the morphed animations

so imo i suggest u take your hero, copy paste it, and change the model, attack, defence, whatever you want of one of them (this should be the morphed unit)
thats all i know... hope it helps
EDIT:
the skill you are looking for is called corporal form - ethereal form
its the tauren shaman spell

Level 19
2-) Metamophosis is fine but you dont know how to use it
Unit Duration > This is the time that morphing takes and it should be about 1 second
Hero Duration > This is the time limit of morph (0 = no time limit)

I guess you made Unit Duration same as Hero Duration so it takes about 60 seconds for unit to morph

Level 12
1st: There's an entire "Image" category in GUI, else there's the imported fading.
2nd: Why use triggers? Ability is great! *Skip*
3rd: Game Cache, saving and loading. Also has entire category in GUI.
4th: *Skip*
5th: There is "Custom Script" action in GUI, it allows writing a single line in JASS for each action.
6th: Try the Sound category, never fully checked it. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.