• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered spells doing more damage than intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Not sure if any of you guys encountered this but I triggered a single target Chain Lightning to deal damage to targeted unit but this is coupled to a 0 damage Storm bolt to simulate the stun for my Lightning Bolt spell. I set the speed of the bolt to 10000 so that essentially the stun and chain lightning hit the unit at the same time.

I don't know what's causing it to deal 2-3x more damage than intended. I've fiddled with the chain lightning damage reduction but that problem seems to still occur. I know it's not gameplay constants as WE abilities work fine.

• Hero Spell
    attachment.php

• Dummy Spell
    attachment.php

• Triggers (GUI)
    attachment.php

Attachments

• Hero Spell (lightning bolt).jpg
    Hero Spell (lightning bolt).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 243
  • dummy spell (lightning bolt).png
    dummy spell (lightning bolt).png
    400.6 KB · Views: 230
  • trigger (lightning bolt).png
    trigger (lightning bolt).png
    225.7 KB · Views: 212
  • MAW.w3x
    7.7 MB · Views: 28
Level 24
1. Try raising cooldown to 2 seconds. Cant hurt.
2. Check Lightning Bolt Caster's basic attacks. They can hurt.
3. Make a trigger that runs every time a unit casts lightning bolt and display text to all players... something

btw... dat ace in the hole XD

Status
Not open for further replies.