1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by TheSpoon, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kabuto_Y.

Kabuto_Y.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spoon, for your undead campaign can you make it so Arthas can use Death Pact on your friend's units? Also about the Orc Campaign I think it would be cool if you could be Jaina on the last mission. Maybe increase infernos for insane. It would be cool if you used a Warcraft II hero for the brief time he enters the orc campaign.

2. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Use death pact on allies... thats a thought. I think I will : >.
    Good idea!

Also remind me what the last Orc Mission is?

3. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, its getting somewhat annoying to discuss everything in a single thread.
    Although the Death Pact on allies sounds cool, it would kinda piss me off later on if Arthas used it on my units instead of his :p.

Final orc campaign mission is where you get to catch Grom's soul with a Soul Gem. Jaina has a nearby base and you get Cairne+Thrall.

4. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I've done some research; I won't be able to use Vol'Jin, he does not come with Thrall to Kalimdor.
    There is another Troll who does though, Rok'han. So I may use him.

Nazgrel also travelled with Thrall, so I could also use him.

I'm just wondering if it will be possible to use this secondary hero in grom's missions or not.

5. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm back.
    I'm glad you're planning on balancing the Naga after all.

Good luck on the fifth chapter. Don't forget to make it awesome as usual! :D

6. barowei

barowei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a quick suggestion. I don't care about additional hero in Grom's mission, but in my opinion it would be nice to fight against him in the last scenario of orc campaign (so it should be this one, who drank Mannoroth's blood with Grom).

7. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would require additional coding, as the Soul Gem can capture any hero, so if we add him in, the corrupted hero can be captured as well.

8. Twizter

Twizter

Resources:
    Resources:
    What if the players would have to return both corrupted heroes?

Or what if they had two Soul Gems, one for Jaina and one for Thrall?

9. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm...Nice idea Twizter. If both players' heroes, Cairne and Thrall, have Soul Gems then Nazgrel could accompany Thrall and Grom. He could also get corrupted with Grom, hence we capture him alongside Grom.

That would screw up lore abit though.

10. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe rebuilding a whole mission just to include the extra hero's capturing with a Soul Gem might be a bit too much for a two player conversion.
    At least the quests should stay the same.
    Also, who wants to play Jaina?
    This is the orc campaign, ffs. Go extract the map and change her to playable, if you so desire. It will take a good five minutes. Place a few items on the ground and pick them up once you begin playing and there you go, you can play Jaina on the last map.

On the last orc map, you'll play Thrall and Cairne and orcs.
    On the last night elf map, you'll play Furion and Tyrande and night elves.
    Otherwise this whole thing will turn into a project hardly resembling any of the original campaigns.

Yes, a three player Twilight of the Gods would be awesome. Spoon could even do it later as a separate map.
    But please, don't get absurd.

There really should be some basic rules like:
    • Only heroes whose control has been granted by Blizzard can be controlled by players.
    • If there are not enough heroes who match this, then one hero can be added.
    No controlling Cairne on the first map, because it changes the nature of the whole map.
    No controlling Jaina on the last map, because it changes the nature of the map.
    And so on.

11. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chill out, nobody wanted a playable Jaina or additional heroes. These are just ideas.

Btw I think Twizter meant one for Cairne and one for Thrall.

12. Kabuto_Y.

Kabuto_Y.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see a problem with playing Jaina on the last mission. I mean they are both trying to accomplish the same thing. It's like in Starcraft when you control Jim Raynor's forces and Tassadar's Forces to destroy the overmind.

13. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would change the map too much. I am dead set against making Jaina playable. Of course, I'm not the one to decide such a thing.

14. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I understand the points made, and I think I'd be inclined to agree with McOvaBlood for this one.

15. barowei

barowei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, about my suggestion I see no reason to don't make Soul Gem useless on additional hero. It's not very much to do, is that? Hmm, TheSpoon will decide - I'M WITH YOU!!!

16. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even if he did allow the capturing of the extra hero, what end would that accomplish?
    Since the second player already has a hero, Cairne, even if you capture the extra hero, you can't make him playable.

And before you suggest it, I'll point it out right away that giving the extra hero to Jaina is stupid and makes no sense.

17. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    McQvaBlood, calm down. I've had enough of Jaina from the Human Campaign too.

What would the capturing of a second hero accomplish? Nothing if you put it that way.

Now here's a list of why I wanted Nazgrel to be placed in the last chapter of the campaign:
    1. Since you'd be playing with him for around 4-5 chapters, it wouldn't be polite to throw him out at the last moment.
    2. It would simply add a little flavor to the chapter. No need for an additional quest. No need for an additional task in the main quest. No need to capture his useless soul. Just place him near the effin' Doom Guard. Whatever.
    3. Fel Orc Raiders are kewl.
    I know this may cause some damage to the lore, don't point that out.

Anyway, I agree with whatever choices TheSpoon makes or whatever opinions he agrees with. I'm glad he's trying to improve the Project's status.

EDIT: Chapter 5 is out guys.

18. Twizter

Twizter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, basically its all down to what Spoon wants. We're just throwing out ideas

19. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, it's all up to Spoon, but it's still needless to get absurd.

Btw, new chapter! :thumbs_up:

EDIT: Since this seems to be the only active topic on this project, I'll reply here to a post made earlier.
    (If it's not clear from the posts, we're talking about Chapter 8: Dissession)

Just before the towers and webs, there is a Goblin Merchant. If you look closely at the items he sells, you'll find 'Amulet of Recall'. Now, buy two, one for Arthas, one for Muradin. Simply run Arthas in Divine Shield and Muradin in Avatar through the webs and towers. Heal Muradin whenever he loses too many hit points. Once you get to the next ship, simply recall Muradin's troops to the ship and destroy it. Now wait for Arthas' Divine Shield to cool down. Activate it and run instantly to the next ship. (Having a Boots of Speed and Lv3 Divine Shield is advised.) Once at the next ship, recall Arthas' troops. Destroy the ship again.

You can skip through nearly half the map just by buying two items for 250 gold each.

EDIT2: Chapter 5 is great, though a bit easy.
    There's also a bug. You can use Banshee to capture Elven Workers. They can proceed to build all kinds of structures, like Barracks, Arcane Sanctums, even Altars.
    You can buy heroes from these Altars.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  20. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since you seem to be using this thread a lot, I suggest you read what other people wrote, I wrote about this before the map came out. It is a blizzard bug, not a spoon bug.

SPOON i liked map 5 and I thought the Phoenix guardians were awesome

What I think map 6 insane should have:
    There are two possible ways you could make the insane:

A: You upgrade bases AI ect.
    B: Currently this map is divided into two parts, the first part being the 5 orcish bases, the second being Ju'Bei thos' base. You can remove the trigger that prevents Ju'beithos's base from attacking before the other bases are dead or set like a time limit for him to attack. Also upgrading heroes doesn't do much in this map as they when they die they don't resurrect.