• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I think the quality of a map can dramatically increase if you polish it up the second or even third day.
48 or 72 hours would in my opinion be a better practise.

This could also work due to the fact that we are a small community, and that people are old and busy. I remember that when I joined those contests, already half of the time was gone, and I used like 6 hours to make my maps.

Level 23
The idea of the 24 hours challenge (I actually came up with that shit and water published it) is a fire & forget fun project meant to not be polished.
We want to see quickly created prototypes that reflect the genre/keywords and usually incorporate something that the mapper wanted to try out anyways, but which doesn't fit with his "main" project.
Which is the main reason I wanted to do it - I have my major projects running slowly and not much to show. With this challenge you put out something playable and then you can forget about it. You don't need to maintain it, polish it or even publish it. For me it was a fun thing to get my thoughts off my usual stuff and then start fresh again after the challenge.

Now, if you schedule your plan a bit before the event starts, you actually get to work ~10 hours on the map and maybe test another 2 hours. Then this can very well work out. So more an issue on your side Paillan imo.

But sure, we should give a longer duration a try before ruling it out I suppose :)

Level 26
Funmap evening commences

obligatory penguin pic:
aAr2zyp_700b.jpg

Level 2
I found a disk in my home (a CD disk :eek:) with wartcraft 3 maps on it. So Now I know the names of all my favourite maps!
Would love to play some next time that we have an event.
Orcs And Elves
Enfo's team survival
cube defense
stronghold (or also called stronghold kyad).

Would also love to play battle tanks once again :p

Level 21
Looks like a nice selection of different game styles, judging from the replays.

In for the next event then!

Level 32
Level 14
It was really fun but we lost too much time to Heroes and Empires. I think a better idea would be to prepare a list of maps to play before the event so we don't loose time between games and we don't stumble into hours long map that can leave behind some players :)

Ash

Ash

Level 22
It was great fun! Heroes and Empires went on for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, three hours. Weow.

Looking forward to the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.