• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🎄🎄 The Night Elf Before Christmas 🎄🎄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
thenightelfbefore-png.390725

Greetings community!

For @Archian and me, thursday is HIVE day. No matter how busy we are in life, we rarely miss our weekly chat and night to work on HIVE. The past few weeks we have been working on something special.

As far back as my memory goes, HIVE has had a Night Elf theme. With HIVE 3, we decided to go with the Reforged theme. I know some of you miss the leaf borders and so did we. So today we are going back to the roots and giving you the option to switch to the new Night Elf theme. We have been chanting "Night Elf before Christmas" regularly as our goal for it's release date.

To switch to it, scroll down to this corner and click the style title for a menu to show up. This menu will allow you to switch between styles.

style-selector-png.390727

Note that we have more styles planned for the future. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Winter theme is out!

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I've been waiting for this moment for a long time!

Thanks to the people involved in getting this theme back!

I hope this won't come as too greedy, but can we excpect the "winter" variant of the theme, which usually comes out around this time to be around as well?
Phew man, you are asking a lot. I am already running top speed. No promises:wwink:

Level 17
This feels soooooooooooooooooooo good, awesome job guys, but i gotta point out something, remember when Archian said the previous theme was inspired by classic war3 menus and not Reforged ? i think that thread was taken down, yeah, well now you just call it Reforged 😛
What are those?
Eh i guess he means some classic inspired icons for the buttons, i might create another thread for some humble feedback on UI redesign in terms of icon choice or positions but i'm working on that to make sure i prepare a presentable and believable images with properly editted quality.

Problem is we dont have higher res classic icons so they need to be upscaled + manually retouched.

And once again, i can't thank you enough for doing this, The night elf theme is beautiful and i love how it is a proper classic night elf theme and not the Reforged night elf theme, because idk about you but i felt like the RF night elf leafs were too much oiled up and greasy.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Glad we could bring you guys some nostalgia. We sure loved working on this again. And we have more on the way, that was planned years ago. So stay tuned for more!
remember when Archian said the previous theme was inspired by classic war3 menus and not Reforged ? i think that thread was taken down, yeah, well now you just call it Reforged
That is correct, the "Reforged" theme was inspired by the original Warcraft 3 installer menu. Ralle just called the theme Reforged.

warcraft12 (1).png

Level 9

Greetings community!

For @Archian and me, thursday is HIVE day. No matter how busy we are in life, we rarely miss our weekly chat and night to work on HIVE. The past few weeks we have been working on something special.

As far back as my memory goes, HIVE has had a Night Elf theme. With HIVE 3, we decided to go with the Reforged theme. I know some of you miss the leaf borders and so did we. So today we are going back to the roots and giving you the option to switch to the new Night Elf theme. We have been chanting "Night Elf before Christmas" regularly as our goal for it's release date.

To switch to it, scroll down to this corner and click the style title for a menu to show up. This menu will allow you to switch between styles.

Thank you some how you knew

Holy shit it's back! :eek:
Although I'll admit, the green buttons are a bit odd. Prefer mine red. Maybe I'm just not used to them yet. I'll give it some weeks :p
Perhaps people with webpage styling skills (with "Stylish" addon for firefox and its alternatives) can reskin these elements to also include retro Human, Orc and Undead themes? Or maybe they could be official. That'd be rad. Also snow nightelf when :D

@Ralle and @Archian you guys are golden, thank you so much for bringing this theme back and for everything else you do for this site! <3

Level 16

Greetings community!

Will there ever be a chance you’ll do other ones such as Human/Orc/Undead?

Status
Not open for further replies.