• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BETA ENDS March 12 (2021) - [TODAY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Check the bottom of the site once you've selected a post.
How/where?
Screenshot_2021-03-12 Jardines esmeralda3 3.png

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
There is so much new stuff..

I hope I get used to more things but the nav bothers me for now. I prefer text over icons.

edit:
some small edits I would request:
The contest icons look blurry thanks to downscaling, should be bumped up.
There seems to be a double-border around said icons.
It counts deleted resources in my dropdown. I do not have 22 public spells.
Not a fan of the online icon either.

Last edited:
Level 23
Just out of curiosity, was setting the order of multiple resources in a single resource to alphabetical from the original order of date added intentional?
So, for resources like Spoon's Coop campaign, the maps now appear based on the name of the maps.
(All Blood elf maps at the top because of B, and all undead maps at the bottom because of U, instead of the date they were added).
Not really an issue, just wanted to check.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Works. Thanks. However, I cannot moderate without writing something in the moderation box anymore. Before, the system automatically chose the latest review.

EDIT: I think the positive reactions should all have green text or variants while the negative ones red. Love is written in red as Angry.
EDIT 2: The last posts on the right in forums don't show in bold as before if you haven't seen them yet. The bold only remains on the thread title.

Last edited:
Level 5
I don't know if there is a topic for describing errors, so I'll write here.
The "Streams" button does not completely fit into the panel.
скрин.PNG

And also, what if the top panel disappeared a little earlier than we go up to the very top of the page? (If you move the page down just a couple of pixels down, you'll see both the fixed menu bar at the top of the page and the quick bar that is visible when scrolling.)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hmm, there seems to be no more sort resource threads by last post/comment.
OK, we can but not from the top right button, instead, from the white list button on the down left corner.

EDIT: we can now rate stuff without writing any comments. But when I tried it in the Reforged models section, I got a message that I didn't have permission to rate.

Last edited:
Level 10
There is so much new stuff..

I hope I get used to more things but the nav bothers me for now. I prefer text over icons.

edit:

Yeah the contest icons do look blurry and too small. I also hope more than four contest icons can be displayed at once

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

By contest icons do you mean award icons? They look fine to me. As for the second border, they just a got a placeholder box/border.

The online icon is the standard xenforo icon. I do plan on changing that, though.

Also, thanks for reporting the deleted resources! :)

The advanced search doesn't provide an option for searching user names.
?

Untitled-2.png

I also hope more than four contest icons can be displayed at once
We are working on a solution :)

Last edited:
Level 31
Is there any difference between the experience points a reaction icon gives? I see all of the positives give +5 while the two negative ones give -2 or something.
Actually this is something I end up actually afraid here. Consider the reaction can be abused hard. In Hive 2, you can have option for 0 rep and nothing harm you much.
However adding negative reaction and causing your exp down does matter, my suggestion :vw_unimpressed:is simply removing -2 of both thing to not end up people just stuck in one level.
This one also want to reflect what happen if people exp went negative, does that count infraction ?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Some profile banners makes it hard to read my profile name when clicking my name from the "online" list. Especially if I use a completely white profile banner or similar.
For me it looks good on my profile and when clicking my avatar. Ultimately, I think it's on the user to choose a fitting banner.
The site centers the banner in both view modes and as the avatar click menu is smaller, the stuff in the center will be right behind the profile info.
It can be a sort of a nuisance. I looked at Mythic's profile for instance:
mythic01.png
mythic02.png

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Just out of curiosity, was setting the order of multiple resources in a single resource to alphabetical from the original order of date added intentional?
So, for resources like Spoon's Coop campaign, the maps now appear based on the name of the maps.
(All Blood elf maps at the top because of B, and all undead maps at the bottom because of U, instead of the date they were added).
Not really an issue, just wanted to check.
As the author, you can now re-order resources.
Is there any difference between the experience points a reaction icon gives? I see all of the positives give +5 while the two negative ones give -2 or something.
You don't lose experience from a negative reaction, you just don't gain any either.
Any official comments on the missing resources yet?
Are they in fact missing though? You're talking about the number of pages, right?

As the author, you can now re-order resources.

You don't lose experience from a negative reaction, you just don't gain any either.

Are they in fact missing though? You're talking about the number of pages, right?
They seem to be inaccessible so probably not missing as seeing hive's been really competent with backups however kind of still missing too since they are inaccessible to a normal user.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Some of the materials are still unavailable.
With filters, I was able to find more models than are available in the catalog without them.
Found 163 pages of filtered Units, while without filters the site displays only 160 pages. (Units and decor together.)
View attachment 375414
1615648767574.png

The system was at least still working on 2.0View attachment 375415View attachment 375417There are a lot of missing resources even when min-maxing the filters. I know 3.0 is new, that's why we have to report this asap.
Are you sorting by "last edit date" or by "post date"?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I am not writing about the search engine, but about its results. By adding filters, I can see more resources than can be seen in the model catalog without them.
The catalog of models includes more than 400 pages, 240 of which are now impossible to see without using filters.
Ah.

I have found a limitation in the system. It can be fixed. There is no data lost or anything. The thing is, we fetch a maximum of 10000 results from the search system and those are filtered further after getting them from the search system. This means that you'll see around 150 pages of resources. But when you search, the results will be narrowed to your query and you will be able to find what you are searching for.

Status
Not open for further replies.