• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga UI Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
OK, finally I did something with my favorite race.
This is the 2nd version of my UI:

nagauiwholec.png

Changelog:
♦ Removed obelisks from top
♦ Removed low resolution plants from hero portrait
♦ Added no-inventory window (NagaUITile-InventoryCover.tga)
♦ Darken the inventory window

Last edited:
Level 9
There is no problem with CnP as long as it is over 75% modified. Well, these textures were in random rocks/plants/doodads and there is almost nothing left from the original UI so I deem my work as not "just copied". Second, I haven't used the whole textures and only parts of them. Third, most models uploaded in the Hive are either Blizzard's model with attachments or a combination between 2 blizzard's models.
I think there is no problem with these copy/pastements.

you just totaly owned the hive's rule ...gratz

but anyway, let's say if your not happy with the rules (because we need them) you can send a p.m to one of the top leaders... and for shure you will be listened.

good luck with that :D

again totaly awesome the CnP (joke)

There is no problem with CnP as long as it is over 75% modified. Well, these textures were in random rocks/plants/doodads and there is almost nothing left from the original UI so I deem my work as not "just copied". Second, I haven't used the whole textures and only parts of them. Third, most models uploaded in the Hive are either Blizzard's model with attachments or a combination between 2 blizzard's models.
I think there is no problem with these copy/pastements.

Obviously you haven't read the skin submission rules properly, if that's where you're getting your information.

Though I do agree. Very nice use of copy and paste, aside from those horrid pillars you used at the top of the image and that extremely low-res vine.

Level 14
Beutiful, I wonder if this could get approved, maybe if we're lucky they can make an exception since we need more UIs :D

Level 9
Yours is great too! Just pay a little more attention to sharp edges (not smooth transition between the different textures), spaces width (in control panel x=3 column) and game menu gaps (upper level left and right from the time indicator). I also noticed a missynchonisation in my UI, gotta fix that too.
Still, great job.

Level 11
Fits great, but I'm not sure it will get approved. Just make something in it your own. But being that it says somewhere that creative works can be discussed,

Copy & Paste
CnP & recoloring cannot be used on the same texture (for instance, having 25% CnP & 25% recolor (50% total) wouldn't be allowed, but the total of 25% would be).
Approval
Resource moderators will decide on a case-by-case basis which skins are original or useful enough to be approved. If rejected, the moderator must detail why the submission is unacceptable.

You have a good chance if you can get a moderator to back you up.

Level 36
Well it depends on who actually reviews it, lolz. Speaking of C&P from textures in the MPQs, I think it should be allowed so long as it looks good, but that goes for any skin, right? I remember I saw a nice naga catapult a while ago, I forget who made it, but it was really cool. Kim, of course, disapproved it. Nazi. >:[

Edit: Here it is, Shaman made it. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f274/naga-catapult-poll-96868/

Level 9
I'm fixin fixin.
The problem is that targa format is compressed but either way this UI in targa weighs about 2 MB! I will compress it when converting to .blp but I hope the quality is not ruined in that case.

P.S. General Frank already approved it. It will get in as soon as it's finished.

Level 36
Level 9
It looks bad when it's stretched.

It looks.. worse to me. It truly does. Way too "clean cut," it has too many sharp edges and doesn't give that same feel. But the flowers by the mini-map to me are cheesy.
Look at the 1st variant in my album and you'll see why this is better.
1) The 1st one was RoC - based. This is TFT
2) No obelisks going out of the bar
3) Removed low resolution vines from hero portrait

Besides that, I haven't added new minimap flowers, nor sharp edges... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.