1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by Interceptor, Mar 4, 2009.

1. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you need to mention units more.
    It is very important to know what type of attack and armor suits which unit.
    Like:
    -Melee unit:
    attack-normal ;armor-heavy
    -range unit:
    attack- piecing;armor-normal
    -spelcasting unit:
    attack-magic ;armor-light or none
    -air unit
    attack-piercing ;armor-light
    Note that air units also can have magic or normal melee attack.
    Also spellcasters should have healing and dispelling magic (not necessary for one to have both)

EDIT:For victory condition you should make trigger that counts enemy buildings.Like if enemy has 0 buildings he is defeted.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Edagras

Edagras

Resources:
    Resources:
    So if I make custom race, in the custom game I can choose race from five fields. It will be human, orc, undead. night elf and my custom race?

3. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You need triggers to do that and only in game you can chose custom race. Exception is if you make custom race in place of already existing race.

4. Piccolo

Piccolo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can IA use a custom race?

5. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    RANT
    Grr I hate the subscribed threads page! (It kept this thread in subscribed threads and I couldn't delete it or do anything with it so I need to post in it to make it go away.

6. OMonaxos

OMonaxos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice tutorial +rep!

And I hope it gets reported...for sticky

7. Edagras

Edagras

Resources:
    Resources:
    About text messages, so when I find this text message |cffffcc00You will be revealed to your opponents unless you build a Great Hall.|r , I just need to telete it and put this maessage (A gold mine has collapsed, A gold mine is running low, Build more [...] to continue unit production, etc. ??? and thats all?

8. Interceptor

Interceptor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have to replace the Great Hall with your race's town hall name, and the Farms with your race's food producers' name, etc.
    For example
    |cffffcc00You will be revealed to your opponents unless you build a Temple of the Tides.|r
    Build more Coral Beds
    etc.

9. Edagras

Edagras

Resources:
    Resources:
    how I should do this trigger "Add here the replaced race, in my case Orc"? I cant write a simple comment, because there is condition.

10. Edagras

Edagras

Resources:
    Resources:
    so can anyone help me???:slp:
    SOLVED :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  11. GTR_MajorBlood

GTR_MajorBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot this really helped now I can make a Blood Elf Campaign without to much problems. 5/5!

12. GGwarcarft

GGwarcarft

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks re your infom

13. Jrock907

Jrock907

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried doing this and it failed miserably...when the game starts, it gives me a bunch of town halls and no workers... there are so many town halls it covers up the gold mine! I probably did something wrong since it's working for everyone else...but I'm not sure what I could have done. for the places where it says (picked unit) do I need to put something there? it's trying to make me choose a town hall/worker that is already on the map...

EDIT: nvm..I think I fixed it. now it just gives me 6 workers...it's better than 28. i probably don't make that many in 1 game. lol

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. fcastor

fcastor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice mocro-tutorial.

This contain the exactly essence of WC3 races similarities..

vlw!

15. Spudmuffin

Spudmuffin

Resources:
    Resources:
    DAMNIT! i have created a WHOLE race in the "Custom Unit" Tile

i found out u need to replace it a while later, so i read this, at first time, i created it by replacing but i changed it :(

16. Inzeen

Inzeen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

Im kinda new to this all, but I´m trying to make a WC2 human and orc race, with all the troubles it entails.

I tried making the trigger you provided, but i cant seem to find the fields to make this part of it: If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions).
    How do you set them?

Could you, or anyone who knows this, help this noob out?

17. Shockwaver

Shockwaver

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice tutorial 5/5

18. Avengerwest

Avengerwest

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG is everything for TfT I have ROC world editor i need help importing and makeing new races wtf

19. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude there is some things which may need changing but there are some easier ways and no the campaign units won't bug up i tested it once and you can edit the units, heros and buildings, instead of making custom units and edit them and make custom triggers its a lot simpler than doing most of this. Ps I am the Tester of warcraft III :goblin_yeah::vw_wtf::goblin_boom::thumbs_up:

20. hayatesasaki

hayatesasaki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx soooooooooooooo much!! So when can we expect the victory/defeat trigger?