• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Console UI Minimizer (Modification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dd199g.png

This is a texture modification that extends and maximizes in-game rendered screen for many purposes.

1. Useful for recording in-game and at the same time playing it.
2. Useful for those who don't like 'War3 UI Console Interface' and for those who need more (larger) in-game screen size.
3. Useful for those who have high resolutions and don't like stretched 'UI Console Interface'.

This modification does not remove custom built-in maps interface that is added trough 'Import Manager'. It only affects default War3 UI Console Interface.
This does not remove entire Console UI Interface. This only removes as much as possible in War3.

In future some of these flaws may be fixed.

Step 1 - Unzip the "UI" content to your War3 default folder.
Step 2 - Run Patch.reg and accept the prompt that opens up.
Step 3 - Completed!

zksnpk.jpg
21lk0f6.jpg
flh55e.jpg
2s4eo.jpg
30cccb8.jpg
b803m8.jpg
a1lo4h.jpg
24v1c7d.jpg
2dcfx2r.jpg

Last edited:
For custom maps it is pretty easy to achieve the same result without importing anything, but I see this is for the default UI. So, I guess it isn't entirely useless for standard melee map players. :p

Actually you are wrong, most custom games have default War3 Console Interface. You can remove the interface via World Editor on your own maps. But you cant change the interface of already made custom maps that are not owned or created by you. This little modification removes all default UI from Warcraft III. It is easy to install and does not require any importing. This is more useful method because it does not affect other player's UI. This means everyone can choose to have or not have UI removed. You can also change custom game interface via MPQ Editing, but I advise everyone to use this method. Because this uses 'safe' local files method. :)

Level 13
Actually you are wrong, most custom games have default War3 Console Interface. You can remove the interface via World Editor on your own maps. But you cant change the interface of already made custom maps that are not owned or created by you. This little modification removes all default UI from Warcraft III. It is easy to install and does not require any importing. This is more useful method because it does not affect other player's UI. This means everyone can choose to have or not have UI removed. You can also change custom game interface via MPQ Editing, but I advise everyone to use this method. Because this uses 'safe' local files method. :)

I didn't say anything else. I just pointed out that one can achieve the same result without imports for custom maps. MPQ Editing is also a way of importing.

Edit: And I wouldn't call it a safe method, because you overwrite the original textures without having a way to restore them.

Oh god, those screenshot looks like some entirely different game! so awesome x)

This mod is pretty useful for melee players I guess?

Well, good luck anyhow!

Screen-shots are outdated. I wrote down all usefulness of this in the above main thread post. I used Bloom & HDR in screen-shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.